I love weapon names (Destiny)

by ManKitten, The Stugotz is strong in me., Monday, July 03, 2017, 13:58 (2509 days ago)

I've always enjoyed seeing the names of all the weapons in Destiny. Bungie always comes up with the coolest names for things and I wonder how they did it, and how many people brainstorm the names....and what percentage make it into game.

I've always wanted a hand cannon named "Daisy Maker" (This is ((or was)) my PS Network gamer tag)
And a sniper named "Steady As She Goes"
(Bungie, let's make this happen, eh?)

I found myself on a website looking up old timey western slang terms, and there were a lot that sounded like cool names. (Too many to post...give it a gander if you're inclined.)

http://www.legendsofamerica.com/we-slang.html

Anyone else have any favorite current names, or ideas for your own names?

I love weapon names

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Monday, July 03, 2017, 14:11 (2509 days ago) @ ManKitten

Anyone else have any favorite current names, or ideas for your own names?

Someone had a segment on a web show called: Sex Toy, or Destiny Gun?

Black Hammer.
Deep Fix.
Jade Rabbit.
Hard Light.
Her Right Hand.
Big Chief .45
The Continental.
Bitter Edge.
Ice breaker.
Invisible Hand.
Lock Jaw.
Plug One.
Patience and Time.
Plan C.
Susanoo.
The Vortex.
Backscratcher 9.0.
Big Rig XXL.
Happy Boomer.
Sawtooth Oscillator.
Something Wicked.
The Good Doctor.

I would personally try the Sawtooth Oscillator.

Take this Polygon Quiz from a couple years ago:

by Speedracer513 @, Dallas, Texas, Monday, July 03, 2017, 14:14 (2509 days ago) @ Cody Miller

by ManKitten, The Stugotz is strong in me., Monday, July 03, 2017, 14:32 (2509 days ago) @ Speedracer513

I got 12 out of 15. I know more about Norwegian metal bands than I do Destiny weapons, apparently.

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Monday, July 03, 2017, 19:17 (2509 days ago) @ Speedracer513

Destiny Gun or Swedish Metal Band?

https://www.polygon.com/2015/1/16/7559177/quiz-destiny-gun-or-swedish-metal-band

15/15 because I'm such a nerd.

I love weapon names

by ManKitten, The Stugotz is strong in me., Monday, July 03, 2017, 14:28 (2509 days ago) @ Cody Miller

hahaha I would fail that test.

Death by Susanoo!

by DiscipleN2k @, Edmond, OK, Monday, July 03, 2017, 15:36 (2509 days ago) @ Cody Miller

- No text -

I love weapon names

by bluerunner @, Music City, Monday, July 03, 2017, 14:43 (2509 days ago) @ ManKitten

Here's a list of the weapons by foundry.

I hope that they have way more legendaries in D2. So many names aren't really noticed because they are rare or less.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread