Hey Cody! (Gaming)

by SonofMacPhisto @, Wednesday, July 05, 2017, 11:55 (2496 days ago)

You still writing that Bungie book? I await giving you money for it.

(Posted instead of just contacting him directly in case anyone else might be wondering. Hope you all are well.)

Hey Cody!

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Wednesday, July 05, 2017, 12:52 (2496 days ago) @ SonofMacPhisto

(Posted instead of just contacting him directly in case anyone else might be wondering. Hope you all are well.)

Hope you're well, too.

Noticed you changed your gamertag. :(

Hey Cody!

by cheapLEY @, Wednesday, July 05, 2017, 13:00 (2496 days ago) @ Kermit

That's brave--rebranding is hard! I hate cheapLEY, but that's my name everywhere, and it's hard to move on from that.

Hey Cody!

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Wednesday, July 05, 2017, 13:50 (2496 days ago) @ cheapLEY

I won't share my first Xbox gamertag, but I had it for only a few days, and I'm SO glad I changed it.

I once read an article that said that while Halo was underdevelopment and MC was a brighter shade of green, they called him Kermit around the Bungie office. I've not been able to find that article since.

My first Bungie.org name was Gorehead, which was inspired by Myth's physics while being appropriately self-deprecating.

Hey Cody!

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Wednesday, July 05, 2017, 13:57 (2496 days ago) @ Kermit

Wow, all this time and I never knew that origin story. Didn't even realize it was Halo-related.

Hey Cody!

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Wednesday, July 05, 2017, 14:00 (2496 days ago) @ stabbim

Wow, all this time and I never knew that origin story. Didn't even realize it was Halo-related.

Well, I'm glad I told it again. :)

Also doesn't hurt that Kermit the Frog is a good bloke, and I once knew a great mechanic named Kermit.

Hey Cody!

by SonofMacPhisto @, Thursday, July 06, 2017, 03:40 (2496 days ago) @ Kermit

Hope you're well, too.

I did! Elite: Dangerous had a massive in game event on 4/29 that was really amazing for a group I lead, so I changed it to commemorate the day. Also been wanting to get rid of "Sonof" for a while and "Phisto," believe it or not, is taken by an active player.

Hey Cody!

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Thursday, July 06, 2017, 07:54 (2495 days ago) @ SonofMacPhisto

Hope you're well, too.

I did! Elite: Dangerous had a massive in game event on 4/29 that was really amazing for a group I lead, so I changed it to commemorate the day. Also been wanting to get rid of "Sonof" for a while and "Phisto," believe it or not, is taken by an active player.

You'll always be MacPhisto, Jr. to me. :)

Hey Cody!

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Wednesday, July 05, 2017, 13:51 (2496 days ago) @ SonofMacPhisto

Who the hell are you?

Right?

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Wednesday, July 05, 2017, 16:15 (2496 days ago) @ stabbim

Hope you're well, Phisto. Miss you and wifey.

:)

by SonofMacPhisto @, Thursday, July 06, 2017, 03:48 (2496 days ago) @ ZackDark

- No text -

Hey Cody!

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Wednesday, July 05, 2017, 14:05 (2496 days ago) @ SonofMacPhisto
edited by Cody Miller, Wednesday, July 05, 2017, 14:19

Of course I am. I want to make it great. I will happily take your money when it's awesome enough. Of course, history is still unfolding.

Masters of Doom took 6 years to write and research. I want to make this even better.

Hey Cody!

by SonofMacPhisto @, Thursday, July 06, 2017, 03:42 (2496 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Of course I am. I want to make it great. I will happily take your money when it's awesome enough. Of course, history is still unfolding.

Masters of Doom took 6 years to write and research. I want to make this even better.

Understood! I wait with great anticipation. :)

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread