Community Game Night, Wednesday August 21, 2013

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Monday, August 19, 2013, 18:39 (3910 days ago)

Alright, so this week we are going to try and do a non-Bungie game, which I think we're going to try to do every other week if we can keep interest in non-Bungie games. It'll be Wednesday since Tuesday is the night DBO TV airs.

Anyway, by far the most popular game on the poll aside from Bungie games was: Grand Theft Auto IV! Details the same as usual, 9pm ET, 6pm PT and message me (XenosKB) when you get online if you are playing. Also let me know if you think you are coming or not on this thread so I can gauge interest.

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Monday, August 19, 2013, 19:14 (3910 days ago) @ Xenos

I should be able to make it.

Oops

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Wednesday, August 21, 2013, 15:37 (3908 days ago) @ Ragashingo

Scratch that. Someone seems to have decided he needed more space for other games and deleted his digital copy of GTA IV a while back. I've started it downloading but it's going to take a long while… I may end up missing tonight.

Oops

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Wednesday, August 21, 2013, 15:38 (3908 days ago) @ Ragashingo

Scratch that. Someone seems to have decided he needed more space for other games and deleted his digital copy of GTA IV a while back. I've started it downloading but it's going to take a long while… I may end up missing tonight.

That's pretty understandable, haha. Just message me when/if it finishes.

Whooo! 28% Yeah… I'm not going to make it…

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Wednesday, August 21, 2013, 18:09 (3908 days ago) @ Xenos

- No text -

by Chewbaccawakka @, The Great Green Pacific Northwest!, Monday, August 19, 2013, 20:20 (3910 days ago) @ Xenos

Poop, a game I don't own. And a day I can't play on.

:(

by mikefishr, Bloomington, IN, Monday, August 19, 2013, 20:35 (3910 days ago) @ Xenos

Would I love to play? Yes. Do I own GTA 4? No. :(

I'll be there!

by Grizzlei ⌂ @, Pacific Cloud Zone, Earth, Monday, August 19, 2013, 21:59 (3910 days ago) @ Xenos

Question though, do I need either expansion pack, The Lost and Damned or The Ballad of Gay Tony, to play multiplayer to its fullest potential or does it just require the regular game?

I'll be there!

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Monday, August 19, 2013, 22:36 (3910 days ago) @ Grizzlei

Question though, do I need either expansion pack, The Lost and Damned or The Ballad of Gay Tony, to play multiplayer to its fullest potential or does it just require the regular game?

I don't have any of the expansions. I've heard it improves the multiplayer a bit, but I think we'll be fine without them.

I don't have them either…

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Tuesday, August 20, 2013, 05:37 (3910 days ago) @ Xenos

- No text -

by General Vagueness @, The Vault of Sass, Wednesday, August 21, 2013, 08:00 (3909 days ago) @ Xenos

Oh good I didn't miss it this time.

Alright, so this week we are going to try and do a non-Bungie game, which I think we're going to try to do every other week if we can keep interest in non-Bungie games. It'll be Wednesday since Tuesday is the night DBO TV airs.

but I will :/

Anyway, by far the most popular game on the poll aside from Bungie games was: Grand Theft Auto IV! Details the same as usual, 9pm ET, 6pm PT and message me (XenosKB) when you get online if you are playing. Also let me know if you think you are coming or not on this thread so I can gauge interest.

:\
It's not a lack of interest, on my part, it's a lack of other multiplayer games... well, I do have Half-Life and its expansions and Half-Life 2 and its deathmatch thing, but I've only played Half-Life multiplayer once before, and I haven't played much of HL2 period... I also have all the original/older Doom games but I've never played their multiplayer.
Side note, what happened to this being run by NCSUDuncan; was this and is this official?

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Wednesday, August 21, 2013, 08:09 (3909 days ago) @ General Vagueness

Sorry you're going to miss it, based on response so far I'm not sure I'll continue doing non-Bungie games (at least for awhile).

Side note, what happened to this being run by NCSUDuncan; was this and is this official?

Basically after Duncan didn't keep putting them on I decided to step in and just start organizing them. Technically it is not official, just me trying to get the community together!

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Wednesday, August 21, 2013, 08:18 (3909 days ago) @ Xenos

Sorry you're going to miss it, based on response so far I'm not sure I'll continue doing non-Bungie games (at least for awhile).

Basically after Duncan didn't keep putting them on I decided to step in and just start organizing them. Technically it is not official, just me trying to get the community together!

Just a heads-up: another season of co-op night will start soon(tm). Wednesdays are the best night for me.

Thanks for the heads up!

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Wednesday, August 21, 2013, 08:29 (3909 days ago) @ Kermit

- No text -

I'm in!

by UnrealCh13f @, San Luis Obispo, CA, Wednesday, August 21, 2013, 10:43 (3908 days ago) @ Xenos

- No text -

Y'all drive like a bunch of men

by Grizzlei ⌂ @, Pacific Cloud Zone, Earth, Wednesday, August 21, 2013, 21:12 (3908 days ago) @ Xenos

...AND I WAS NOT FUCKING CHEATING!

I really enjoyed playing with you guys this evening! This would be even better in GTA V or Saints Row IV methinks.

Good times!

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Wednesday, August 21, 2013, 21:21 (3908 days ago) @ Grizzlei

I had a blast, can't wait for GTA V to come out! Next week I am going to be on my way to PAX so if someone else wants to organize feel free to and I'll pick it back up the week after PAX!

Good times!

by MrPadraig08 ⌂ @, Steel City, Thursday, August 22, 2013, 12:59 (3907 days ago) @ Xenos

I had a blast, can't wait for GTA V to come out! Next week I am going to be on my way to PAX so if someone else wants to organize feel free to and I'll pick it back up the week after PAX!

Totally forgot this was going on, sorry I missed. But we'll be playing at PAX next week. Free play area is the bomb.

Good times!

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Thursday, August 22, 2013, 13:02 (3907 days ago) @ MrPadraig08

Totally forgot this was going on, sorry I missed. But we'll be playing at PAX next week. Free play area is the bomb.

I'll be at PAX all by my lonesome so I'm sure I will see you at some point.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread