dboTV - Episode 2 is tonight! (Tuesday, 10pm EDT / 7pm PDT)

by ncsuDuncan @, Tuesday, August 20, 2013, 16:54 (3909 days ago)

Watch here: http://twitch.tv/DestinyBungieOrg

Pre-show starts at 9:45pm PDT / 6:45pm EDT.

Lots of interesting news to cover (and maybe a contest or two), so I'll actually start on time this week. ;)

Feel free to post feedback here after the show!

I'll be there! Looking forward to it, Duncan.

by zoojoo ⌂ @, Iowa, Tuesday, August 20, 2013, 18:12 (3909 days ago) @ ncsuDuncan

Watch here: http://twitch.tv/DestinyBungieOrg

Pre-show starts at 9:45pm PDT / 6:45pm EDT.

Lots of interesting news to cover (and maybe a contest or two), so I'll actually start on time this week. ;)

Feel free to post feedback here after the show!

Thoroughly enjoyed last weeks episode. :)

Congrats zoojoo!

by Chewbaccawakka @, The Great Green Pacific Northwest!, Tuesday, August 27, 2013, 20:12 (3902 days ago) @ zoojoo

Even if you might not know you entered! ;)

by Chewbaccawakka @, The Great Green Pacific Northwest!, Tuesday, August 20, 2013, 20:09 (3909 days ago) @ ncsuDuncan

This was a great show! Love it!

Hair was fabulous

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Tuesday, August 20, 2013, 20:10 (3909 days ago) @ ncsuDuncan

Also, you didn't technically tip the hat. I call shenanigans.

Hair was fabulous

by marmot 1333 @, Tuesday, August 20, 2013, 20:11 (3909 days ago) @ ZackDark

He did at the very end of the segment.

Hair was fabulous

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Tuesday, August 20, 2013, 20:38 (3909 days ago) @ marmot 1333

Oh, I saw that. It's just that it wasn't a tip, per se. More of a "hat's off to you".

I thought the hair was fake…

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Tuesday, August 20, 2013, 20:18 (3909 days ago) @ ZackDark

- No text -

by marmot 1333 @, Tuesday, August 20, 2013, 20:11 (3909 days ago) @ ncsuDuncan

Great show. I enjoyed the Fallen comparison segment. I'm glad you skipped the weekly update because I've already read that.

I thought there was some concept art that showed a Cabal boss that was enormous? Even bigger than Rixis? I'll have to find it tomorrow.

Best part of dboTV

by MrPadraig08 ⌂ @, Steel City, Tuesday, August 20, 2013, 20:35 (3909 days ago) @ ncsuDuncan

is when I took over the show with internet magics.

Really sweet content Duncan, and we should talk segments there's plenty of content running around here somewhere.

Also

by MrPadraig08 ⌂ @, Steel City, Wednesday, August 21, 2013, 06:21 (3909 days ago) @ MrPadraig08

The Heavy Metal reference was awesome especially comparing it to Red Death.

I was mistaken when I said 84 in the chat, it was made in 81 :)

I seriously want to spec a warlock as a bard, and pick up non-combat team amp weapons. Space Guitars, cyber keytars, a catchy showtune.

Feedback

by biggy ⌂ @, Tinseltown, Tuesday, August 20, 2013, 21:07 (3909 days ago) @ ncsuDuncan

do i get a shirt now?

I liked it, but…

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Tuesday, August 20, 2013, 23:26 (3909 days ago) @ ncsuDuncan

… it felt a bit loose, or rather, a bit unprepared. It was like you were an tv anchor trying to do the news with a bad teleprompter operator and no paper script to fall back on. Not having key facts at hand, not knowing which story was next, that kind of thing.

On the plus side the content was pretty good and your set up worked well. It's fun how modern technology makes it look easy. I thought you picked out good stories and had good material (graphics and text) to support them. I liked your ability to put them full screen and to draw on them. I would like to see mentioned links appear on screen as banners near the bottom or something. Wasn't really necessary this show, but if you have a more complicated or hard to spell site url in the future it would be helpful and cool.

Overall it was a good effort and a neat concept that still feels a bit new and untested.

I liked it, but…

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Wednesday, August 21, 2013, 08:26 (3908 days ago) @ Ragashingo

It is new and untested. I'm sure it will become more polished over time, but I like some rough edges. I didn't get to watch it in real time (and I haven't finished it), but the content was great.

Not watching live I missed the chat room, and that brings up a thought. So that it doesn't seem so much like Duncan having a one-sided conversation, maybe do more interviews or have co-hosts (or guest co-hosts) for certain segments. I realize that that is harder to organize (and you'd always need to be prepared for no-shows).

I liked it, but…

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Wednesday, August 21, 2013, 08:29 (3908 days ago) @ Kermit

Not watching live I missed the chat room, and that brings up a thought. So that it doesn't seem so much like Duncan having a one-sided conversation, maybe do more interviews or have co-hosts (or guest co-hosts) for certain segments. I realize that that is harder to organize (and you'd always need to be prepared for no-shows).

I also think it would great to make sure you always read the comment and question before replying, definitely would make it better for watching non-live.

Just finished watching, thanks for the shout out :-D

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Wednesday, August 21, 2013, 11:00 (3908 days ago) @ ncsuDuncan

- No text -

by Zeouterlimits, Ireland, Wednesday, August 21, 2013, 15:12 (3908 days ago) @ ncsuDuncan

Presented charmingly again Duncan, well done!

I would like if there was an audio podcast version of the show, that I could listen to while out on a run or doing other things around the house.
While the show is very visual and well prep-ed, with slides and video, I've generally seen it on B.net or here.

So it'd suit my lifestyle if I could experience the show that way :-).

I'd be happy to help with that if you're already spending too much time on the show, as you clearly put a good bit of work into it.

See you at PAX!

by General Vagueness @, The Vault of Sass, Tuesday, August 27, 2013, 21:54 (3902 days ago) @ ncsuDuncan

no ep. 3 thread?
I completely forgot this time except it was the opposite, I thought about this like 10 times today >_< I think the thing of it is that I haven't memorized the time or made a note of the time since two weeks ago

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread