Cody's VG Hype List (Gaming)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Friday, August 04, 2017, 23:15 (2466 days ago)

Des2ny
Sonic Mania
Life is Strange: Before the Storm
The Pillars of the Earth
Unavowed
Detroit: Become Human
Uncharted: The Lost Legacy
Mega Man Legacy Collection 2
Cuphead
Gran Turismo Sport
Wolfenstein 2: New Colossus

I'm legitimately worried Des2ny will Keep me from playing any of these games. At least Sonic, Megaman, and Life is Strange drop first.

Funkmon's VG Hype List

by Funkmon @, Saturday, August 05, 2017, 00:21 (2466 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Destiny 2
LISBTS
Detroit (I want to watch a Let's Play)
Madden 18

Fin.

Kahzgul's VG Hype List

by Kahzgul, Saturday, August 05, 2017, 01:07 (2466 days ago) @ Funkmon

Horizon Zero Dawn DLC!!!
Hand of Fate 2
State of Decay 2
2Destiny2Furious
Shadow of War

Holy shit I only want to play sequels right now.

Also I didn't know I needed Slime Herder in my life, but man that game is great! Free on Xbone right now! It's great! Sort of like if the farming from Stardew Valley had a baby with Metroid. Sort of. And it's family friendly!

Kahzgul's VG Hype List

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Saturday, August 05, 2017, 01:23 (2466 days ago) @ Kahzgul

Horizon Zero Dawn DLC!!!
Hand of Fate 2
State of Decay 2
2Destiny2Furious
Shadow of War

Holy shit I only want to play sequels right now.

Remakes and Sequels are big these days!

Thanks for the recommendation! Will download Slime game.

by Funkmon @, Saturday, August 05, 2017, 07:35 (2465 days ago) @ Kahzgul

- No text -

Enjoy! Report back!

by Kahzgul, Saturday, August 05, 2017, 13:29 (2465 days ago) @ Funkmon

- No text -

Frozen Wilds Release Date just got announced: Nov. 7 :D

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Monday, August 07, 2017, 11:56 (2463 days ago) @ Kahzgul

- No text -

PL's list

by ProbablyLast, Sunday, August 06, 2017, 10:31 (2464 days ago) @ Funkmon

Madden 18

PL's list

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Sunday, August 06, 2017, 12:34 (2464 days ago) @ ProbablyLast

Madden 18

Nobody wants FIFA!?

PL's list

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Sunday, August 06, 2017, 13:52 (2464 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Madden 18

Nobody wants FIFA!?

Why would anyone want to play FIFA?

PL's list

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Sunday, August 06, 2017, 14:33 (2464 days ago) @ CyberKN

Madden 18

Nobody wants FIFA!?

Why would anyone want to play FIFA?

Because the UI is so spiffy.

PL's list

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Monday, August 07, 2017, 05:17 (2464 days ago) @ CyberKN

90% of my country's gamer population would like a word with you

PL's list

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Monday, August 07, 2017, 09:19 (2463 days ago) @ ZackDark

90% of my country's gamer population would like a word with you

You guys are in bizarro land. Even today, you buy 130,000 Sega Master Systems every year. That thing is literally 30 years old! But at least it's the real deal, and not crappy emulator packages like we get now in the states :-p

PL's list

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Monday, August 07, 2017, 12:56 (2463 days ago) @ Cody Miller

You guys are in bizarro land. Even today, you buy 130,000 Sega Master Systems every year. That thing is literally 30 years old! But at least it's the real deal

Wait, what? I'd expect that figure to be true for the knock-offs you find in any discount shop, but not actual Sega-produced systems.

PL's list

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Monday, August 07, 2017, 13:34 (2463 days ago) @ ZackDark

You guys are in bizarro land. Even today, you buy 130,000 Sega Master Systems every year. That thing is literally 30 years old! But at least it's the real deal

Wait, what? I'd expect that figure to be true for the knock-offs you find in any discount shop, but not actual Sega-produced systems.

As far as I'm concerned, as long as it has basically the equivalent chips, functions the same, and plays real carts, I don't care. I have a JVC X'Eye that I use for Genesis / Sega CD games.

PL's list

by Kahzgul, Tuesday, August 08, 2017, 01:46 (2463 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Madden 18

Nobody wants FIFA!?

I'm waiting for them to add "buy a corrupt official" functionality to the game.

I'd preorder that.

by ProbablyLast, Tuesday, August 08, 2017, 08:53 (2462 days ago) @ Kahzgul

- No text -

Ahh! Wha- but... Oh man, so conflicted...

by Kahzgul, Tuesday, August 08, 2017, 09:56 (2462 days ago) @ ProbablyLast

- No text -

They did put a 'dive' mechanic

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Tuesday, August 08, 2017, 13:13 (2462 days ago) @ Kahzgul

I'm waiting for them to add "buy a corrupt official" functionality to the game.

Hopefully they'll get there by FIFA 20

AHAHA

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Tuesday, August 08, 2017, 13:32 (2462 days ago) @ ZackDark

Also a temperature system, where the players fall over and die if they play for more than 10 minutes while in Qatar.

AHAHA

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Tuesday, August 08, 2017, 19:18 (2462 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Also a temperature system, where the players fall over and die if they play for more than 10 minutes while in Qatar.

I would not be surprised if they did implement something in that vein at least in the World Cup version.

Korny's VG Hype List

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Saturday, August 05, 2017, 11:52 (2465 days ago) @ Cody Miller
edited by Korny, Saturday, August 05, 2017, 12:22

Des2ny

Eh, I'm not too hyped on D2. Definitely looking forward to it, but not something I'd go to a midnight launch for...

Sonic Mania

If I were ever into Sonic, this would have me stoked. I'll end up with this game anyway, so I'll give it a shot.

Everything points to this being bad. Different folks, different direction, etc. If nothing else, it'll be a neat non-canon diversion. I think Rachel Amber worked better as a mysterious entity than as a character. Especially since I always had the feeling that she and Max maybe shared the same gift, and Rachel chose to sacrifice herself for whatever reason...

Detroit: Become Human

Yee. The latest demo was a bit weak, but I'm still looking forward to this. I loved both Heavy Rain and Beyond: Two Souls.

More Uncharted. Nuff said.
Still, I'd be even happier with more Last of Us!

I ain't a weeb, so not interested.

Cuphead

Looks neat enough, but if you remove the art style, it's not really anything interesting, especially given that the guys haven't ever made a game, and have been working on it for the better part of a decade.

Gran Turismo Sport

Racing games, lol.

Wolfenstein 2: New Colossus

Looks great, though I worry that Stealth won't be implemented as well as it was in the first game (word is that it's really easy for a single enemy to spot you from a mile away, and instantly triggering a full alert). My first playthrough of the first game was entirely Stealth-focused, so you can understand my worry...

==============================================

My hyped games? Besides the ones I pointed out above:

Horizon Zero Dawn: The Frozen Wilds

Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice

Pyre (already released, but I won't be getting it until a bit from now, still stoked)

Middle Earth: Shadow of War

The Evil Within 2

Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen (Remaster)

Shantae: Half-Genie Hero (See Pyre above)

Korny's VG Hype List

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Saturday, August 05, 2017, 12:54 (2465 days ago) @ Korny

Pyre (already released, but I won't be getting it until a bit from now, still stoked)

I kind of think the game looks hideous. I mean that in an aesthetic way.

The Evil Within 2

Looking this up, this has me a bit interested.

Yet another retro kickstarter game.

Korny's VG Hype List

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Saturday, August 05, 2017, 13:05 (2465 days ago) @ Cody Miller
edited by Korny, Saturday, August 05, 2017, 13:13

I kind of think the game looks hideous. I mean that in an aesthetic way.

I think it looks cool. Guess you're lucky that I didn't trigger you by including Warframe's fantastic-looking "Plains of Eidolon" expansion that's coming soon. :P

The Evil Within 2

Looking this up, this has me a bit interested.

The first one played like a more horror-oriented Resident Evil 4, which is a good thing.

Yet another retro kickstarter game.

Only the remake of the first game was funded through kickstarter... A remake.

The Shantae games are actually fun for me, because:

They don't hold your hand at all (some of the franchise's criticism is the occasionally relentless difficulty), and yet, you can succeed without half of the things in the game if you're skilled enough.

they have some charming and humorous writing (with a focus on the saturday-morning-cartoon-esque story),

and half the fun comes from finding success through the tools that you have, though you can go out of your way to make things easier for yourself (Risky's Revenge includes five or so different endings, including some depending on how fast you beat the game, and how many of the upgrades and stuff you collect along the way), and the game will acknowledge either choice with Trophies.

Korny's VG Hype List

by cheapLEY @, Saturday, August 05, 2017, 15:12 (2465 days ago) @ Korny

Everything points to this being bad. Different folks, different direction, etc. If nothing else, it'll be a neat non-canon diversion. I think Rachel Amber worked better as a mysterious entity than as a character. Especially since I always had the feeling that she and Max maybe shared the same gift, and Rachel chose to sacrifice herself for whatever reason...

Ashly Burch writing for the game has me intrigued, at the very least. I'm with you, in that I think exploring Rachel Amber in a prequel is just a bad idea, but I'll probably give it a shot.

More Uncharted. Nuff said.
Still, I'd be even happier with more Last of Us!

Some of the stuff they've said about this has me really excited. I loved Uncharted 4, and I like Chloe and Nadine, so I'm definitely in.

Gran Turismo Sport

Racing games, lol.

Mediocre racing games at that. I'd love for this to be their big response to Forza, but that ship seems like it sailed like . . . I dunno, around Forza 2. GT is pale shade of what it could be at this point.

Horizon Zero Dawn: The Frozen Wilds

That is my most hyped release for the rest of the year, hands down. I can't wait to jump back in.

It's really good. It's gorgeous (#codywaswrong) and the sports game aspect of it is way more fun than it has any right to be.

Middle Earth: Shadow of War

Meh. I can't get over the awful, awful implementation of Tolkien's universe. My thoughts on this game would be much more positive if was skinned as literally anything else. Although I'd still think the first game was mediocre at best.

Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen (Remaster)

I was always intrigued by Dragon's Dogma, but never actually played it, so I'll definitely be looking at this.

I'd also add Mario Odyssey to my most hyped list, along with Stardew Valley on the Switch, which I'll definitely buy for a third time.

Shadow of War has microtransactions.

by cheapLEY @, Saturday, August 05, 2017, 19:05 (2465 days ago) @ Korny
edited by cheapLEY, Saturday, August 05, 2017, 19:09

From IGN:

According to the studio's official announcement, "players can purchase Loot Chests, War Chests, XP Boosts and Bundles" through the market to strengthen their army.

Within Loot Chests, players will find weapons and armor, as well as XP Boosts, which make Talion level up quicker. War Chests contain new Orc followers that will help you strengthen your army, as well as Training Orders, which let you level up and customize your Orcs. Bundles include a combination of Loot Chests, War Chests and XP Boosts together at a package deal.

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Saturday, August 05, 2017, 19:43 (2465 days ago) @ cheapLEY
edited by Korny, Saturday, August 05, 2017, 19:49

From IGN:

According to the studio's official announcement, "players can purchase Loot Chests, War Chests, XP Boosts and Bundles" through the market to strengthen their army.

Within Loot Chests, players will find weapons and armor, as well as XP Boosts, which make Talion level up quicker. War Chests contain new Orc followers that will help you strengthen your army, as well as Training Orders, which let you level up and customize your Orcs. Bundles include a combination of Loot Chests, War Chests and XP Boosts together at a package deal.

Interesting. Even single player games are getting loot boxes? WB is definitely finding success with them, so it makes sense that they want to see how much they can push it. That said, since I have zero interest in them, it won't affect me in any way (plus, buying followers, through purchased or earned currency, just seems cheap and less fun. I mean, I hesitate to hire mercenaries in Skyrim, so...).

I doubt even Sammy will want to buy a loot box, and she's not as patient as I am.

I am curious to see how well it works, though.

by Kahzgul, Tuesday, August 08, 2017, 01:45 (2463 days ago) @ Korny

From IGN:

Interesting. Even single player games are getting loot boxes? WB is definitely finding success with them, so it makes sense that they want to see how much they can push it. That said, since I have zero interest in them, it won't affect me in any way (plus, buying followers, through purchased or earned currency, just seems cheap and less fun. I mean, I hesitate to hire mercenaries in Skyrim, so...).

I doubt even Sammy will want to buy a loot box, and she's not as patient as I am.

I am curious to see how well it works, though.

These things bank on dopamine addiction and the treatment is basically rehab, just like gambling addiction. Video games are being used more and more as stealth gambling machines. This sort of in-game gambling should probably be illegal in most states, and I think that eventually a company will go too far and there will be a court case about it which settles the matter, but the fact that regulatory commissions aren't even looking at this, especially given that these gambling machines are being marketed to children, is very distressing to me. Many kids haven't learned the critical thinking to know these are slot machines, lack the fiscal responsibility to not spend the money on them, and lack the patience to earn their rewards on their own. In short, it's a fertile hunting ground for corporations.

+1

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Tuesday, August 08, 2017, 06:29 (2462 days ago) @ Kahzgul

- No text -

Good thing this game is rated M for Manly Adults.

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Tuesday, August 08, 2017, 10:45 (2462 days ago) @ Kahzgul

- No text -

DEEP's VG Hype List

by DEEP_NNN, Saturday, August 05, 2017, 15:16 (2465 days ago) @ Cody Miller
edited by DEEP_NNN, Saturday, August 05, 2017, 15:22

Destiny 2 - ?K I'll play it no matter how many K it is, as long as it's good at 1080p.
Titanfall 2 - 4K Respawn'll make the 4K jump look so easy. Bungie better take notes.
World of Tanks - 4K Eh, it's free-ish and I like it.
Halo 5 - 4K I plan a short foray back into Halo just to see the upgraded visuals.
PUBG - 4K I want to try it out, a lot.
Anthem - 4K Too far down the road to really care. The hype demos are just fluff.

Yes, I just threw the 4K stuff at your face for fun. Not going to entertain another argument ... today. It's just nice to know games I like will be native 4K on ... XB1X (in your face again ;)).

My VG Hype List

by Avateur @, Saturday, August 05, 2017, 19:14 (2465 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Sonic Mania
Mario Odyssey
Lost Sphear
Dragon Ball FighterZ
Red Dead Redemption 2
Metroid Prime 4

For most of these, I have quite the wait.

M14's VG Hype List

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Saturday, August 05, 2017, 20:18 (2465 days ago) @ Cody Miller
edited by Morpheus, Saturday, August 05, 2017, 20:57

Sonic Mania
Sonic Forces

....yep.

POST EDIT: Well, I shouldn't say just those. But that's my biggest priority.

What else is there?

Kirby Switch looks like something crazy but fun, so I could see myself finally taking the plunge on the back-up hero...

Definitely getting my But Whole handed to me. Same for Crackdown 3. Even if Cuphead turns out to suck, I mean come on--it's a cool looking game. I'm absolutely interested in Super Lucky's Tale(Seriously, that is so Tails it's not even remotely funny—I'm literally praying for some audio sliders so I can Dinklebot some of his lines into the game) and it looks like it'll be fun.

The list is still pretty slim, but at least it's not just Sonic.

It's just Sonic first. ;-)

Cody's VG Hype List

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Wednesday, August 09, 2017, 13:54 (2461 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Sonic Mania
Des2ny

It does not help all these games come out within like, two weeks of each other. Will I ever finish Dishonored?

I hope so

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Wednesday, August 09, 2017, 16:12 (2461 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Sonic Mania
Des2ny

It does not help all these games come out within like, two weeks of each other. Will I ever finish Dishonored?

Because Dishonored 2 has some of the most amazing level designs I've ever experienced

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread