West of Loathing, from the makers of Kingdom of Loathing (Off-Topic)

by Kahzgul, Friday, August 11, 2017, 10:42 (2459 days ago)

From time to time I mention Kingdom of Loathing as a magical game of inspired design the likes of which the world has never seen. I probably don't mention as often just how hilarious the game is. Well, it is. Hilarious. Anyway, the guys who made KoL have just released a brand new game called "West of Loathing" on steam! It's on 10% off right now as a "launch special" so for just under $10 you can own this great new indie game. It's an RPG set in a western set in the Kingdom of Loathing universe. You do not need to know anything about KoL to play this game, with the possible exception of "Meat" being used as money in the game.

The whole game is animated (unlike KoL), but is the same sort of black and white, stick figure goodness that KoL employs. It's really funny. I don't want to spoiler it, but there's a thing in the option menu that made me chortle, and there's a thing I did in the first five minutes of the game that still makes me laugh from time to time just thinking about it. It's amazing.

For those who are concerned: I'm not in any way affiliated with the KoL guys or their game other than I play it from time to time.

Anyway, go check out west of loathing at www.westofloathing.com!

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread