New Video - European Dead Zone (Destiny)

by EffortlessFury @, Thursday, August 24, 2017, 08:20 (2457 days ago)

*Potential Spoilers* GameInformer posts 90 minutes of EZD.

by cheapLEY @, Thursday, August 24, 2017, 08:53 (2457 days ago) @ EffortlessFury
edited by cheapLEY, Thursday, August 24, 2017, 09:22

Spoilers should be obvious, I guess, for those who want to be truly dark.

Some bullet points:

-Taken are back. Maybe it was known already, or assumed, but I hadn't seen them before.
-Sniper dude NPC is based there, will give you quests, which reward you with unique armor sets from Legendary engrams
-EDZ Tokens, rewards from patrol activities, sounds like a new Splicer Key type item
-Bright Engrams rewarded in place of motes of light for filling XP bar after hitting the level cap, no explanation of exactly what that is
-Roaming bosses in patrol which drop treasure chests
-Planetary Luminous Engrams rewarded from Flashpoints

They showed lots of blue items dropping from chests, so I wonder how some of that will play out during endgame play, or if most of this is meant for as you're leveling up and playing through the story.

Also, here's GameInformer's video--90 minutes of commentary free European Dead Zone gameplay.

Ars seems to like it

by Blackt1g3r @, Login is from an untrusted domain in MN, Thursday, August 24, 2017, 10:51 (2457 days ago) @ EffortlessFury

Ars seems to like it

by bluerunner @, Music City, Thursday, August 24, 2017, 11:39 (2457 days ago) @ Blackt1g3r

This is very interesting, and makes me wonder about enemies in endgame activities.

This goes hand in hand with the other thing you may notice in the video: no numbers above enemy heads. Enemies are not marked by levels, in that they scale in power right alongside your own character. Instead of equipping gear that turns you OP and lets you mow these foes down, you're instead focusing on gear that suits your exact kind of playstyle, along with exploiting other faction-specific weaknesses. Going into more detail on this also goes beyond the purview of what I can say here, but I found this D2 change to feel very satisfying in practice.

Ars seems to like it

by Robot Chickens, Thursday, August 24, 2017, 12:43 (2457 days ago) @ bluerunner

That is the most exciting paragraph I've read about D2 so far. My biggest critique of D1 is that you get too OP too quickly. There are no difficulty settings that can make something really challenging and you have to purposely underlevel yourself to get that feeling. It all felt like Halo on Easy, which isn't really Halo at all...

I strongly dislike this.

by Funkmon @, Sunday, August 27, 2017, 11:00 (2454 days ago) @ Robot Chickens

- No text -

NOOO!! RESIST! RESIST!!!

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Thursday, August 24, 2017, 14:12 (2457 days ago) @ bluerunner

This is very interesting, and makes me wonder about enemies in endgame activities.

This goes hand in hand with the other thing you may notice in the video: no numbers above enemy heads. Enemies are not marked by levels, in that they scale in power right alongside your own character. Instead of equipping gear that turns you OP and lets you mow these foes down, you're instead focusing on gear that suits your exact kind of playstyle, along with exploiting other faction-specific weaknesses. Going into more detail on this also goes beyond the purview of what I can say here, but I found this D2 change to feel very satisfying in practice.

._.
._.

o_o

O_O

O_O

O_O

[image]

THE CAKE IS A LIE!

THE CAKE IS A LIE!

THE CAKE IS A LIE!

MUST. NOT. HYPE. HHHGGGgg.

Same

by RaichuKFM @, Northeastern Ohio, Thursday, August 24, 2017, 14:38 (2457 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

- No text -

Not sure if I believe that

by Blackt1g3r @, Login is from an untrusted domain in MN, Thursday, August 24, 2017, 14:52 (2457 days ago) @ bluerunner

When you die there is still a blurb in the UI about recommended power-level. That would seem to indicate that your light level matters still, they just don't bother with the un-related level numbers on enemies anymore (at least to me, I'd be happy to be proven wrong on this point). I still think it would be smart to allow players to choose a difficulty level separate from the activity when going into patrol, just like they do when choosing strikes and such. If I want to choose hard difficulty, then all of my personal bullets just do less damage while others in the same space might be on easy difficulty and are able to do more damage.

Big non story spoiler

by electricpirate @, Thursday, August 24, 2017, 15:37 (2456 days ago) @ EffortlessFury

A few new vids confirm the third subclasses, and a quest to unlock them.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread