TWAB — 08/24/17 (Destiny)

by UnrealCh13f @, San Luis Obispo, CA, Thursday, August 24, 2017, 17:35 (2439 days ago)
edited by UnrealCh13f, Thursday, August 24, 2017, 17:43

https://www.bungie.net/en/News/Article/46189

Continue to be hyped, people.

Bup-DATE*

by Avateur @, Thursday, August 24, 2017, 17:43 (2439 days ago) @ UnrealCh13f

- No text -

Oh you! ^_^

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Thursday, August 24, 2017, 17:47 (2439 days ago) @ Avateur

- No text -

TWAB — 08/24/17

by petetheduck, Thursday, August 24, 2017, 17:46 (2439 days ago) @ UnrealCh13f

I like the new guy, he pays attention to the details.

What is TWAB?

by Blackt1g3r @, Login is from an untrusted domain in MN, Thursday, August 24, 2017, 19:07 (2439 days ago) @ UnrealCh13f

- No text -

What is TWAB?

by Avateur @, Thursday, August 24, 2017, 19:55 (2439 days ago) @ Blackt1g3r

Oh you mean

by Blackt1g3r @, Login is from an untrusted domain in MN, Thursday, August 24, 2017, 22:49 (2439 days ago) @ Avateur

Store items?

by Pyromancy @, discovering fire every week, Thursday, August 24, 2017, 20:36 (2439 days ago) @ UnrealCh13f
edited by Pyromancy, Thursday, August 24, 2017, 20:50

I'm surprised that the PAX "exclusive" Bungie Store items mentioned last week were not revealed. Although, my sad empty wallet coughed out a sigh of relief.

I wonder which, if any, items will truly be exclusive to PAX and which items will be added to the webstore later. (last years PAX was quoted to have exclusive items as well and then some of the items made it to the webstore later)

I know art for one of the PAX item(s) has been revealed by the webstore Twitter account. It is a throwback "Rosie the Riveter" style image featuring Amanda Holliday and her deep ink.

Note: To anyone going to PAX! Can anyone please, please, please, see if they can get some extra "Confulence of Light" emblem codes? The begging method sort of in a way happened to work last year for the "Union of Light" Emblem
(Bungie are currently passing these new D2 emblem codes out at Gamescom, I can only guess they will be at PAX as well?)

Side thought, I wonder if the new limited account recovery tool could be used to restore my account history back to the mid 2000's. Though I know it is meant for people that have had recent issues linking accounts.
I'm not sure I want to unlink all my services and put my account with 7 years track record at risk for the chance to have it say 10+. (Do profiles even display that info anymore? Hopefully in D2 there are no legendary emblems for number of years of account track record like in D1

Again, same, please

by Zero @, Florida, Thursday, August 24, 2017, 22:13 (2439 days ago) @ Pyromancy

Note: To anyone going to PAX! Can anyone please, please, please, see if they can get some extra "Confulence of Light" emblem codes? The begging method sort of in a way happened to work last year for the "Union of Light" Emblem
(Bungie are currently passing these new D2 emblem codes out at Gamescom, I can only guess they will be at PAX as well?)

Again, same, please

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Thursday, August 24, 2017, 22:21 (2439 days ago) @ Zero

Third me there. Union of Light is my canon Warlock emblem. Must have spiritual successor! D:

TWAB — 08/24/17 - Snarky Summary

by Kahzgul, Thursday, August 24, 2017, 23:22 (2439 days ago) @ UnrealCh13f

- That gamescon thing we talked about last week happened this week. Is happening this week. Happens this week? I don't know how timezones work.

- Deej had/has/will have a birthday.

- Back in the good old Pacific Standard Timezone, Some fancy lad named Word Otherword the goddamn 8th led us on a tour of the European Dead Timezone (I think that's what it's called). I don't know if there are spoilers because I'm so sure that there are spoilers that I'm not watching the thing!

- There's a trailer for the ride-along, which is weird.

- There's also a new trailer for the video game, which is normal.

- Someone with a boner for Helvetica made a "meet Cayde-6" trailer. Which is like 10 seconds long, but still manages to use more helvetica than any single video outside of Buzzfeed's "Nifty" column should ever have. Uh... I don't actually know what Nifty is and have never watched those videos with a notepad or anything of the sort. Just... so you know.

- And then they made a "meet the Spoiler" trailer, which is fucking impossible not to see as you scroll down. UGH Bungie, really? REALLY? You just throw that out there. Here's a new spoiler for you so you're not surprised when this spoiler shows up and now you know who the spoiler is. GREAT. Oh, and also the Spoiler has a pet Spoiler. So lame.

- Oh yeah, the PC "master race" will get the "beta" so they're displaying the "keyboard layout" or something. Whatever. Jerks.

- If you care about PAX at all, there's an entire chapter about it. They have a theater they've rented, several presentations they're giving, and a bunch of actual real information for attendees. Not at all like gamescon with it's possibly already happened schrodinger's video game state.

- Movies, one of which is called "Farewell Destiny." I didn't watch it. I didn't wanna cry. I TOLD MYSELF I WOULDN'T CRY.

Wait...

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Friday, August 25, 2017, 07:59 (2438 days ago) @ Kahzgul

Are you talking about the second character reveal as a spoiler? They revealed the character and the basics of who she is back in July at the DRE.

Wait...

by Kahzgul, Friday, August 25, 2017, 09:52 (2438 days ago) @ Xenos

Are you talking about the second character reveal as a spoiler? They revealed the character and the basics of who she is back in July at the DRE.

But I could avoid that!

Wait...

by Harmanimus @, Friday, August 25, 2017, 09:56 (2438 days ago) @ Kahzgul

You knew the DRE was coming, so you can avoid that, but you don't know the game releases on 06SEP and cannot possibly avoid online content until then???

Personally, I still sit in the "official advertisements aren't spoilers" camp but also experience != awareness anyway.

Wait...

by Kahzgul, Friday, August 25, 2017, 23:50 (2438 days ago) @ Harmanimus

You knew the DRE was coming, so you can avoid that, but you don't know the game releases on 06SEP and cannot possibly avoid online content until then???

Because I write a snarky summary now, apparently. It's my cross to bear.

Personally, I still sit in the "official advertisements aren't spoilers" camp but also experience != awareness anyway.

Oh, official ads can absolutely be spoilers. I was watching homeland with my wife and the episode ended with "maybe that guy you like just got blown up!" and then the 'Next On' segment showed him talking to Carrie. I mean come on! Or like that Ren and Stimpy episode that ends with "Will stimpy press the candy-like red button" and then stimpy presses it while the VO keeps saying "tune in next week to find out!"

Also my feigned outrage was a joke. Because jokes. I like jokes.

With you on the spoilers

by RaichuKFM @, Northeastern Ohio, Friday, August 25, 2017, 23:57 (2438 days ago) @ Kahzgul

I avoid next episode previews like the plague.

With you on the spoilers

by Vortech @, A Fourth Wheel, Saturday, August 26, 2017, 10:09 (2437 days ago) @ RaichuKFM

I know someone why has that policy and binged through 2 seasons of Arrested Development before ehe found out. So sad.

LOL

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Saturday, August 26, 2017, 11:54 (2437 days ago) @ Vortech

Poor, poor child. Bless his heart

With you on the spoilers

by Schedonnardus, Texas, Sunday, August 27, 2017, 06:43 (2436 days ago) @ RaichuKFM

i also try to avoid the "previously on..." b/c on serial type shows like LOST they will often show something from a previous season, which to me is a spoiler that someone is coming back.

You guys are strange.

by Funkmon @, Sunday, August 27, 2017, 07:23 (2436 days ago) @ Schedonnardus

- No text -

Wait...

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Friday, August 25, 2017, 09:59 (2438 days ago) @ Kahzgul

But I could avoid that!

You could avoid this too, just don't read the TWAB. I'm pretty sure the generally accepted rule with spoilers is that anything revealed before is free game. Knowing that there IS a character with a name (which is all you can't avoid just by scrolling through the TWAB) is no more of a spoiler than if you watched the original DRE. They haven't crossed any further into spoiler territory, and if you want to avoid ALL spoilers, than why are you reading the weekly updates? They've had light spoilers for weeks! I know this is meant to be snarky, but come on, this is just a little too nitpicky :)

Wait...

by Kahzgul, Friday, August 25, 2017, 23:47 (2438 days ago) @ Xenos

But I could avoid that!

You could avoid this too, just don't read the TWAB. I'm pretty sure the generally accepted rule with spoilers is that anything revealed before is free game. Knowing that there IS a character with a name (which is all you can't avoid just by scrolling through the TWAB) is no more of a spoiler than if you watched the original DRE. They haven't crossed any further into spoiler territory, and if you want to avoid ALL spoilers, than why are you reading the weekly updates? They've had light spoilers for weeks! I know this is meant to be snarky, but come on, this is just a little too nitpicky :)

It was a joke. You see that, right? I'm not at all upset about the alien falcon and its human thrall.

Wait...

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Saturday, August 26, 2017, 07:05 (2437 days ago) @ Kahzgul

That's cool, I honestly have trouble telling on here whether people are making a joke or legitimately upset. Even with the title of it calling out that it's intended to be snarky that doesn't mean you're not actually a little upset. No offense meant.

Wait...

by Kahzgul, Sunday, August 27, 2017, 14:37 (2436 days ago) @ Xenos

That's cool, I honestly have trouble telling on here whether people are making a joke or legitimately upset. Even with the title of it calling out that it's intended to be snarky that doesn't mean you're not actually a little upset. No offense meant.

None taken! I just didn't want you to think I was a seething ball of anger. I'm a very sarcastic jokester, mostly.

IDK. I still see seething ball of anger. Check yo rage bro!

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Sunday, August 27, 2017, 14:43 (2436 days ago) @ Kahzgul

- No text -

That's just what my face looks like.

by Kahzgul, Monday, August 28, 2017, 10:06 (2435 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

- No text -

Oh! I see. Well it's an easy mistake to make then. My bad!

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Monday, August 28, 2017, 12:23 (2435 days ago) @ Kahzgul

- No text -

by Vortech @, A Fourth Wheel, Saturday, August 26, 2017, 10:07 (2437 days ago) @ Kahzgul

- And then they made a "meet the Spoiler" trailer, which is fucking impossible not to see as you scroll down. UGH Bungie, really? REALLY? You just throw that out there. Here's a new spoiler for you so you're not surprised when this spoiler shows up and now you know who the spoiler is. GREAT. Oh, and also the Spoiler has a pet Spoiler. So lame.

Even worse, on Instagram they made an autoplaying video for it. SUPER THANKS FOR THE SPOILER. SO glad I chose to follow the Bungie Account. Guess it's my Fault...OH NO WAIT THEY PUT IT IN AN AD ALSO!

I'm being hyperbolic for comedy, but it really was stupid.

by Kahzgul, Sunday, August 27, 2017, 14:36 (2436 days ago) @ Vortech

It is a little obtuse, right? Like I don't want to know *anything* about the plot beyond the initial premise. At least, until I play the game.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread