PAX Dinner Meetup Discussion

by ncsuDuncan @, Friday, August 23, 2013, 10:33 (3906 days ago)

Discuss the DBO/HBO PAX Dinner Meetup here. (I locked the original just to make sure nobody misses it.)

Announce your attendance, request banquet menu items, or offer comments/suggestions! Feedback is appreciated. :)

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Friday, August 23, 2013, 10:38 (3906 days ago) @ ncsuDuncan

Donated, and I will be there! Also anyone that wants to meet up at PAX any of the days, I will be at PAX alone so I wouldn't mind hanging with some DBOrgs.

by ncsuDuncan @, Friday, August 23, 2013, 10:43 (3906 days ago) @ Xenos

Donated, and I will be there! Also anyone that wants to meet up at PAX any of the days, I will be at PAX alone so I wouldn't mind hanging with some DBOrgs.

I'll have another post up soon with a list of suggested DBO Rally Points. :)

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Friday, August 23, 2013, 11:12 (3906 days ago) @ ncsuDuncan

Donated. I'll be there unless I get a better offer, in which case it would be a hell of an offer, and you can keep the money.

by MrPadraig08 ⌂ @, Steel City, Friday, August 23, 2013, 11:15 (3906 days ago) @ Kermit

1 on 1 dinner with Paddy is a tempting offer sir, please do consider it.

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Friday, August 23, 2013, 11:21 (3906 days ago) @ MrPadraig08

1 on 1 dinner with Paddy is a tempting offer sir, please do consider it.

I'm sure we'll have time to catch up, buddy. We'd better.

by MrPadraig08 ⌂ @, Steel City, Friday, August 23, 2013, 11:26 (3906 days ago) @ Kermit

Hell yea brah!

by Avateur @, Friday, August 23, 2013, 19:45 (3906 days ago) @ MrPadraig08

One on one? Frankly, going the route of getting to eat with both you AND Kermit, as well as Crazed and Das Kalk was an excellent, more intimate dinner time experience. Alas, no PAX for me this year, but the previous one I was at is definitely one I'll always cherish. That dinner especially!

by MrPadraig08 ⌂ @, Steel City, Friday, August 23, 2013, 21:44 (3906 days ago) @ Avateur

*Padraig goes to eat food. Food happens to be the same thing that Crazed ordered.*

Crazed: NOOOOOO, IT'S MMIIIIIIIINNNNE! GROWL, SNORT, SCARF FOOD.

by Das Kalk, Sunday, August 25, 2013, 17:50 (3904 days ago) @ Avateur

You rang?

I'll always remember...

THE BOOTH!

Sounds awesome!

by katancik ⌂ @, Portland, OR/ University of Texas, Friday, August 23, 2013, 11:13 (3906 days ago) @ ncsuDuncan

Thanks so much for all of the hard work you're putting into this Duncan! It's going to be a great evening for sure!

by MrPadraig08 ⌂ @, Steel City, Friday, August 23, 2013, 11:14 (3906 days ago) @ ncsuDuncan

You will be compensated Mr.Duncan, oh the compensation!

I am excited to eat, game, and slam with some B.org's, Deebros, and Hobros alike.

I wish I was bringing my console, I would love to show you guys the atrocities I have made in Soul Caliber 5's character creator.

mfw/mo(utfit)w casual dinner

by Tex @, Friday, August 23, 2013, 11:21 (3906 days ago) @ ncsuDuncan

[image]

C u thar

by TDSpiral ⌂ @, TDS Gaming Shack, WA, Friday, August 23, 2013, 11:21 (3906 days ago) @ ncsuDuncan

I'd absolutely love to attend! I'm a bit low on cash right this minute, but I'll be sure to bring some money on that Saturday.

by crazybydefault @, Seattle, WA, Friday, August 23, 2013, 11:48 (3906 days ago) @ ncsuDuncan

Thanks, Duncan! I will be there and I shall certainly donate once payday rolls around. :)

What a blunder!

by Schooly D, TSD Gaming Condo, TX, Friday, August 23, 2013, 11:53 (3906 days ago) @ ncsuDuncan

Oh, geez. Looks like Lunchbox Laboratory messed up. I had actually already reserved the Rumpus Room for those exact hours, inviting the same people you just invited, but they managed to double-book. Oh well. I guess the only thing we can do is combine our meet-ups and rebrand the event as the TSD/DBO/HBO PAX Dinner Meetup presented by Schooly D and ncsuDuncan. I'm glad everything worked out!

What a blunder!

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Friday, August 23, 2013, 11:57 (3906 days ago) @ Schooly D

Oh, geez. Looks like Lunchbox Laboratory messed up. I had actually already reserved the Rumpus Room for those exact hours, inviting the same people you just invited, but they managed to double-book. Oh well. I guess the only thing we can do is combine our meet-ups and rebrand the event as the TSD/DBO/HBO PAX Dinner Meetup presented by Schooly D and ncsuDuncan. I'm glad everything worked out!

Oh man, I was worried we would have to put a masking tape line down the middle of the room!

What a blunder!

by MrPadraig08 ⌂ @, Steel City, Friday, August 23, 2013, 12:08 (3906 days ago) @ Schooly D

Does this mean we'll all get TSD aviators and goodie bags (also wearing aviators)

by KP @, Redmond, Friday, August 23, 2013, 15:40 (3906 days ago) @ ncsuDuncan

Thanks for putting this together, I plan to make it.

by Claude Errera @, Friday, August 23, 2013, 16:30 (3906 days ago) @ KP

Thanks for putting this together, I plan to make it.

I'm out.

by Miguel Chavez, Friday, August 23, 2013, 19:16 (3906 days ago) @ KP

I'm out.

All hail Duncan, Bringer of Foods!

by NsU Soldier @, Washington, Friday, August 23, 2013, 22:56 (3906 days ago) @ ncsuDuncan
edited by NsU Soldier, Friday, August 23, 2013, 23:01

Discuss the DBO/HBO PAX Dinner Meetup here. (I locked the original just to make sure nobody misses it.)

Announce your attendance, request banquet menu items, or offer comments/suggestions! Feedback is appreciated. :)

I'll be there, and I'll be sure to pitch in some munnies to help with the war effort.

EDIT: Nearly forgot! Can I bring a guest if I put a bag over his head on the way there? He's my official foodtester, and his poison-detection services have proved invaluable to me in the past.

by ncsuDuncan @, Friday, August 23, 2013, 23:14 (3906 days ago) @ NsU Soldier

EDIT: Nearly forgot! Can I bring a guest if I put a bag over his head on the way there? He's my official foodtester, and his poison-detection services have proved invaluable to me in the past.

Guests are welcome! The paper bag stays on though. I have a secret identity to protect, after all.

Wait is that a mask you wear on DBOTV?

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Friday, August 23, 2013, 23:30 (3906 days ago) @ ncsuDuncan

- No text -

by MrPadraig08 ⌂ @, Steel City, Saturday, August 24, 2013, 06:36 (3905 days ago) @ ncsuDuncan

His face is real mask he wears without it he's just billionaire Ben affleck

Can someone make a cardboard standup of me...

by Leviathan ⌂, Hotel Zanzibar, Saturday, August 24, 2013, 11:25 (3905 days ago) @ ncsuDuncan

... and tape to its face a smartphone with a Skype app pulled up and bring it to this event? K, thanks.

(Otherwise I think I might take an internet sabbatical and pretend PAX 2013 never happened to avoid the heartache of not being there.)

Can someone make a cardboard standup of me...

by ncsuDuncan @, Saturday, August 24, 2013, 11:39 (3905 days ago) @ Leviathan

... and tape to its face a smartphone with a Skype app pulled up and bring it to this event? K, thanks.

(Otherwise I think I might take an internet sabbatical and pretend PAX 2013 never happened to avoid the heartache of not being there.)

I'm brainstorming something along those lines. :)

Well, maybe not with the standup, but definitely some sort of webcam setup. I'm not sure if Lunchbox Laboratory has wi-fi, but I might be able to tether my phone for a bit.

No promises though, there's a good chance I'll be too busy to find a satisfactory way of doing this. I really do want to provide something for the DBO people at home, but that might just have to be photos/videos/writeups posted after the event.

Mission Accepted.

by NsU Soldier @, Washington, Saturday, August 24, 2013, 20:39 (3905 days ago) @ ncsuDuncan

I'm brainstorming something along those lines. :)

No promises though, there's a good chance I'll be too busy to find a satisfactory way of doing this. I really do want to provide something for the DBO people at home, but that might just have to be photos/videos/writeups posted after the event.

I'll do it! Even if it turns out that we can't strap a phone to it, we can always get you there in spirit!

by Das Kalk, Sunday, August 25, 2013, 17:52 (3904 days ago) @ ncsuDuncan

I'm excited for this!

As for banquet requests, I don't see anything on their menu for "the blood of my enemies" - can we make a special request? I can supply the enemies.

No but seriously, I don't have any particular preference for menu, so you guys can choose whatever. I'll also be bringing you the cash in person, since not only does PayPal charge that stupid fee, but their exchange rates from my Canadian Monopoly money and your Freedom Bucks are from, like, 1997.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread