Blind raiding (Destiny)

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Tuesday, August 29, 2017, 09:28 (2433 days ago)

There's only one activity that I feel very strongly about in Destiny, and that's blind raiding.

I very badly want to do a blind raid in Destiny 2. In my experience, it can take 10+ hours over the course of a week (or maybe more). I'm torn about platform. On the PS4 the flawless raiders will probably regroup with their midnight start times. My beloved deeply flawed raiders are probably up for it, but can we all commit to a week of play?

I used to count on all my old Halo buddies on the Xbox, but it seems we've gotten into routines. The admins will probably organize a raid . Chappy's group probably will, too. Who else?

I'm thinking the last week of September or maybe the week after that. Can five other guardians promise to stay blind until then?

I would've given this more thought and maybe set up a google doc or pencil in some events or try to recruit individuals, but I'm going out of town and won't be back until launch day. I'll need to concentrate on one platform before the blind raid, and I'm really in a quandary.

Who's with me?

Reply here or in e-mail. I'm willing to help coordinate more than one blind raid even if I don't end up participating on your platform. Just want to get this ball rolling.

Kerm

Blind raiding

by ChrisTheeCrappy, Tuesday, August 29, 2017, 09:40 (2433 days ago) @ Kermit

I want to go blind, but I want to do it the first week the RAID is available.

Blind raiding

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Tuesday, August 29, 2017, 09:44 (2433 days ago) @ ChrisTheeCrappy

I want to go blind, but I want to do it the first week the RAID is available.

It's hard to talk about because we don't know when that is, but I figure it will be available by the 26th, and I don't really want to rush through the D2 content any faster than that.

I will take PTO to make this happen

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Tuesday, August 29, 2017, 09:42 (2433 days ago) @ Kermit

I've only blind raided once, and I NEED to do it again.

... for XB1

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Tuesday, August 29, 2017, 14:44 (2433 days ago) @ kidtsunami

- No text -

I assumed. :)

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Tuesday, August 29, 2017, 18:56 (2433 days ago) @ kidtsunami

- No text -

winky face, smiley face,

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Wednesday, August 30, 2017, 17:30 (2432 days ago) @ Kermit

- No text -

Blind raiding

by RaichuKFM @, Northeastern Ohio, Tuesday, August 29, 2017, 09:47 (2433 days ago) @ Kermit

I would love to go into a Raid blind, and I tend to have a relatively open schedule, but not a terribly consistent one.

I'm over on Xbox, and I wouldn't mind waiting a bit to take on the Raid, (in original Destiny I never got to the Vault of Glass until after The Dark Below came out) but I'm not quite sure what I can commit to.

Blind raiding

by DiscipleN2k @, Edmond, OK, Tuesday, August 29, 2017, 09:50 (2433 days ago) @ Kermit

I'm going in blind. I'd prefer to take my time with the story instead of rushing through to get raid ready, but if the only group I can find that will commit to doing the whole thing blind wants to run it on day one, I'll do what I gotta do.

I can be free any weeknight after 5PM central and all day on weekends.

-Disciple

Any pledges on PC?

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Tuesday, August 29, 2017, 10:10 (2433 days ago) @ Kermit

I know it'll be a LOT harder to keep off spoilers since we'll get the game quite some time later, but it's a pledge I'm willing to keep.

RIP PC Player Spoilz.

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Tuesday, August 29, 2017, 10:26 (2433 days ago) @ ZackDark

I know it'll be a LOT harder to keep off spoilers since we'll get the game quite some time later, but it's a pledge I'm willing to keep.

Oh man, that's right! Hey. What if we all don't get to raid intill Mid-November? (PC launch is October 24, 2017)

I wouldn't mind that myself, as this being a fresh installment, we could all use the extra time to make our builds. Goodness, if the Raid launch doesn't turn out to be that late, I don't envy your task.

You know I'm in.

by cheapLEY @, Tuesday, August 29, 2017, 10:27 (2433 days ago) @ Kermit

Assuming you're committing to PS4, I'd love to raid with you again. I'd prefer to not have to rush to get raid ready if that's still a thing, but I'll commit to a raid with you and do whatever it takes.

You know I'm in.

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Tuesday, August 29, 2017, 12:43 (2433 days ago) @ cheapLEY

Assuming you're committing to PS4, I'd love to raid with you again. I'd prefer to not have to rush to get raid ready if that's still a thing, but I'll commit to a raid with you and do whatever it takes.

We just need four more. :)

My main thing is schedule. I'd like to have several weeknights and a big chunk of one weekend.

You know I'm in.

by cheapLEY @, Tuesday, August 29, 2017, 18:46 (2433 days ago) @ Kermit

My main thing is schedule. I'd like to have several weeknights and a big chunk of one weekend.

I'd be available any/every weeknight by about 6:30pm CST. I work Saturdays until 4pm CST, but provided we plan at least a week in advance with a concrete date, I could take a Saturday off.

Blind raiding

by General Vagueness @, The Vault of Sass, Tuesday, August 29, 2017, 15:45 (2433 days ago) @ Kermit
edited by General Vagueness, Tuesday, August 29, 2017, 16:01

I would love to, and I'm going into Destiny 2 with the intent of doing things in a more timely way. That said I have an actual job to consider this time around plus an ongoing side project, and I still mostly refuse to treat a game like a job (I'm willing to grind to get up to raid spec, but I'd rather not, and I'll probably forget to do it or get sidetracked sometimes regardless). That means it'll probably be weeks if not months before I'm high-level enough to raid. If anyone else is in a similar situation, great, we can go together.
oh, and I'll only be able to play on the Xbox for the foreseeable future

Blind raiding

by dogcow @, Hiding from Bob, in the vent core., Wednesday, August 30, 2017, 12:29 (2432 days ago) @ Kermit

I'd love to blind raid on PS4 without rushing things. We'll see how it turns out.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread