Has anyone else's brain totally checked out? (Destiny)

by telemachus, Tuesday, September 05, 2017, 13:02 (2444 days ago)

Can't focus at all, constantly updating for non spoiler review items.

Cough cough... think I feel a cold coming on.

Has anyone else's brain totally checked out?

by Funkmon @, Tuesday, September 05, 2017, 13:04 (2444 days ago) @ telemachus

All I know is I HAVE to be at work both Wednesday and Thursday, and I am not happy.

by telemachus, Tuesday, September 05, 2017, 13:05 (2444 days ago) @ Funkmon

Bummer, I'll go out of my way to crack some extra heads for you.

by bluerunner @, Music City, Tuesday, September 05, 2017, 13:14 (2444 days ago) @ Funkmon

All of my corporate bosses decided to come down Thursday and Friday. My wife and kids are leaving to visit family Thursday, so I could have had tons of uninterupted time, but that got ruined.

by telemachus, Tuesday, September 05, 2017, 13:21 (2444 days ago) @ bluerunner

Oh no! That's awful, at least you have Wednesday?

I'm hoping I can shake the "new game" addiction faster than I could D1. Wifey knows a new game is coming out, but I don't think she understands that this isn't an expansion. She gonna be mad, probably.

by Schedonnardus, Texas, Tuesday, September 05, 2017, 13:20 (2444 days ago) @ Funkmon

All I know is I HAVE to be at work both Wednesday and Thursday, and I am not happy.

yeah, i don't think i'll be able to play until Thursday evening. assuming the children go to sleep at an appropriate hour.

by Robot Chickens, Tuesday, September 05, 2017, 13:26 (2444 days ago) @ Funkmon

Me too! Stupid bills and needing food.

by DiscipleN2k @, Edmond, OK, Tuesday, September 05, 2017, 13:10 (2444 days ago) @ telemachus

Can't focus at all, constantly updating for non spoiler review items.

Cough cough... think I feel a cold coming on.

I have a plan to be legit sick (due to sleep deprivation) after playing from 11 PM until I have to be at work at 8 AM. If my head's not screwed up enough to justify calling in sick, I should be far enough gone by lunch to make it an early day.

-Disciple

by telemachus, Tuesday, September 05, 2017, 13:13 (2444 days ago) @ DiscipleN2k

I recall doing that for H:3 ODST. Wrapped the game up before work after a marathon evening play session. I've done my fair share of not sleeping thanks to architecture school, but I was hurting that day.

It's odd though, I have no idea how my body will react to not getting sleep. Sometimes I'll be totally fine with a mild headache, and other times I will be delusional.

by DiscipleN2k @, Edmond, OK, Tuesday, September 05, 2017, 13:22 (2444 days ago) @ telemachus

I recall doing that for H:3 ODST. Wrapped the game up before work after a marathon evening play session. I've done my fair share of not sleeping thanks to architecture school, but I was hurting that day.

It's odd though, I have no idea how my body will react to not getting sleep. Sometimes I'll be totally fine with a mild headache, and other times I will be delusional.

I am, unfortunately, pretty consistent these days. It doesn't seem like too long ago, that I ran on 4-7 hours of sleep per night. In fact, if I got more than 7, I felt pretty foggy the next day. Now, if I get less than 7, I'm pretty much worthless the following day. It kind of sucks, but hopefully I can work that to my advantage.

Knowing my luck, though, we'll finally get in something important that will need to be tested immediately, and it will be delivered just before I'm about to leave early :p

-Disciple

Yup…

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Tuesday, September 05, 2017, 13:10 (2444 days ago) @ telemachus

I'm next to useless today. :-P

Yup…

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Tuesday, September 05, 2017, 13:30 (2444 days ago) @ Beorn

He keep chatting with me keeping me useless! :p

by ManKitten, The Stugotz is strong in me., Tuesday, September 05, 2017, 13:39 (2444 days ago) @ telemachus

My brain checked out at DRE. Here is an analogy to explain my wave of excited.

DRE was the initial earthquake.
There have been a few more aftershocks.
Now the ocean is receding because the tsunami is about to hit.

by telemachus, Tuesday, September 05, 2017, 13:46 (2444 days ago) @ ManKitten

Wow, I'm not sure I can handle that.

My hype graph is akin to an exponential curve. There's a slow build far out, but in the moments before I can play my hype approaches infinity. It manifests itself as the actions of a very excited toddler, which is odd coming from a 34 year old man.

I have to say, I'm rather enjoying not being hyped.

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Tuesday, September 05, 2017, 14:38 (2444 days ago) @ telemachus
edited by INSANEdrive, Tuesday, September 05, 2017, 14:42

I'm really looking forward to it, but meh. If I over sleep the launch, meh - oh well.

Gotta say, it's kinda nice. :)

Your name should be REASONABLEdrive

by ManKitten, The Stugotz is strong in me., Tuesday, September 05, 2017, 14:50 (2444 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

[image]

Depends how you perceive normalcy.

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Tuesday, September 05, 2017, 14:57 (2444 days ago) @ ManKitten

When compared to you lot, I'm still crazy. ;)
[image]

Yes.

by cheapLEY @, Tuesday, September 05, 2017, 17:42 (2443 days ago) @ telemachus

I've been thinking about it all day. I'll likely play a few hours when it goes live tonight (provided no server issues--fingers crossed!).

I was thinking about talking tomorrow off, but my normal day off is on Thursday, so I'll just hold out. I'm sure I'll be a zombie at work tomorrow, though.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread