Destiny Face Customization *IMG* (Destiny)

by Kalvin, Friday, August 30, 2013, 15:21 (3892 days ago)

Hello everyone, my name is Kalvin and I am new to the DBO Forum. I made my account because it was suggested by ncsuDuncan on dboTV. I wanted my first post to be about something I noticed in the Destiny footage that we have been show that not too many people seem to have noticed or talked about that much. In the Destiny Gameplay Trailer we can see two different instances where Guardians are shown without their Helmets on.

In the beginning of the video we can briefly see this Warlock without his helmet.
[image]
Click to enlarge

This Hunter is shown without a helmet.
[image]
Click to enlarge

I think that this is pretty interesting and it makes me wonder if we will be able to customize our Guardian's face, which would be very cool and add another number to Destiny's already abundant number of customization options.

-Kalvin

Destiny Face Customization *IMG*

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Friday, August 30, 2013, 15:31 (3891 days ago) @ Kalvin

I'm pretty sure the second one is not a Guardian, but a bandit of some sort or another.

Now, in the cinematics it is clearly shown the Warlock without his helmet, so I gather that yes, we'll have at least some simple form of face customization.

Also, welcome to our wacky family!

by Kalvin, Sunday, September 01, 2013, 16:36 (3889 days ago) @ ZackDark

I agree. The second character does look like an NPC.

Thanks, im excited to be more active on these forums!

by Leviathan ⌂, Hotel Zanzibar, Sunday, September 01, 2013, 20:13 (3889 days ago) @ Kalvin

I agree. The second character does look like an NPC.

Thanks, im excited to be more active on these forums!

Good - it's only going get funner the closer we get to our Destinies. :)

by kapowaz, Sunday, September 01, 2013, 16:23 (3889 days ago) @ Kalvin

On the one hand, the second character is clearly an NPC who features in the story, and so it's quite possible you can't glean anything from his appearance that relates to how players will look. But then on the other hand Bungie have discussed the different races players will be able to choose to play as. So far they've not demonstrated how these choices will be reflected visually (or if they have it's been too subtle to tell), but I have to imagine that as a part of player investment and customisation, how your character looks without armour will play a part. I suspect Bungie have been holding that back whilst they iterate upon it and decide just what you can customise and what you can't.

Welcome!

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Monday, September 02, 2013, 08:57 (3889 days ago) @ Kalvin

- No text -

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread