Bungie Alpha Tester doing AMA on /r/DestinyTheGame right now (Destiny)

by JDQuackers ⌂ @, McMurray, PA, Saturday, August 31, 2013, 16:15 (3862 days ago)

If you have questions that he'll probably not be able to answer, go ask them!

That's cute

by Grizzlei ⌂ @, Pacific Cloud Zone, Earth, Saturday, August 31, 2013, 17:31 (3862 days ago) @ JDQuackers
edited by Grizzlei, Saturday, August 31, 2013, 17:37

I was made aware that the only thing a non-disclosure agreement allowed a playtester to divulge is that they participated in a game study and nothing more, not even the most minor aspects of the game.

Yes I enjoy taking the fun out of everything. :)

That's cute

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Saturday, August 31, 2013, 17:41 (3862 days ago) @ Grizzlei

I was made aware that the only thing a non-disclosure agreement allowed a playtester to divulge is that they participated in a game study and nothing more, not even the most minor aspects of the game.

I have an NDA regarding HL2 EP 3 that expires in 2017. If that day comes and the game isn't out yet, I'm totally posting spoilers.

That's cute

by kanbo @, Seattle, WA, Saturday, August 31, 2013, 18:22 (3862 days ago) @ Cody Miller

expires in 2017. If that day comes and the game isn't out yet

We may make a hero of you yet.

That's cute

by SonofMacPhisto @, Monday, September 02, 2013, 10:24 (3860 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Is there a specific day it expires?

This is a completely serious inquiry, as I want to hold you to it.

That's cute

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Monday, September 02, 2013, 11:13 (3860 days ago) @ SonofMacPhisto
edited by Cody Miller, Monday, September 02, 2013, 11:28

Jan 1, 2017

Interestingly enough when making the Portal 2 guide, I didn't have to sign any NDA at all. I could have spoiled everything months in advance with no repercussions. Of course I didn't ;-p It was twice as weird because several parts of the developer interviews were cut when stuff they didn't want out was talked about (such as the F-Stop mechanic), yet they seemed to be fine with me knowing all that.

While up there, maybe a month and a half before the game came out, these two attractive blonde female game journalists from Australia came up to preview the game. Of course, everybody at Valve attended to their every need because they were hot :-p The next day, the achievements leaked. I WONDER WHO DID THAT?

That's cute

by Grizzlei ⌂ @, Pacific Cloud Zone, Earth, Monday, September 02, 2013, 13:09 (3860 days ago) @ Cody Miller
edited by Grizzlei, Monday, September 02, 2013, 13:18

Interestingly enough when making the Portal 2 guide, I didn't have to sign any NDA at all. I could have spoiled everything months in advance with no repercussions. Of course I didn't ;-p It was twice as weird because several parts of the developer interviews were cut when stuff they didn't want out was talked about (such as the F-Stop mechanic), yet they seemed to be fine with me knowing all that.

While up there, maybe a month and a half before the game came out, these two attractive blonde female game journalists from Australia came up to preview the game. Of course, everybody at Valve attended to their every need because they were hot :-p The next day, the achievements leaked. I WONDER WHO DID THAT?

The dude who is so keen on leaking details of a game that he's already broke the NDA for it four years in-advance? Besides, you're being incredibly offensive assuming all blondes are treacherous creatures. :P

That's cute

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Monday, September 02, 2013, 16:40 (3860 days ago) @ Grizzlei

Besides, you're being incredibly offensive assuming all blondes are treacherous creatures. :P

All women are. You blondes just happen to be the most treacherous.

;P

That's cute

by Grizzlei ⌂ @, Pacific Cloud Zone, Earth, Monday, September 02, 2013, 16:50 (3860 days ago) @ ZackDark

All women are. You blondes just happen to be the most treacherous.

[image]

Perfect gif used at the perfect time

by Mr Daax ⌂ @, aka: SSG Daax, Monday, September 02, 2013, 16:57 (3860 days ago) @ Grizzlei

Bravo :)

[image]

+1

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Monday, September 02, 2013, 17:27 (3860 days ago) @ Mr Daax

- No text -

That's cute

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Tuesday, September 03, 2013, 10:12 (3859 days ago) @ Grizzlei
edited by Cody Miller, Tuesday, September 03, 2013, 10:15

The dude who is so keen on leaking details of a game that he's already broke the NDA for it four years in-advance?

Looked it over. I ain't broke shit. You really think I'd piss them off when I'd love to do the Guide for the sure to be upcoming Portal 3?

That's cute

by General Vagueness @, The Vault of Sass, Tuesday, September 10, 2013, 18:05 (3852 days ago) @ Cody Miller

The dude who is so keen on leaking details of a game that he's already broke the NDA for it four years in-advance?

Looked it over. I ain't broke shit. You really think I'd piss them off when I'd love to do the Guide for the sure to be upcoming Portal 3?

I thought they said they were done with Aperture Science and GLaDOS?

That's cute

by SonofMacPhisto @, Tuesday, September 03, 2013, 06:48 (3859 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Jan 1, 2017

Information wants to be free (to flirt with hot chicks?)!

That's cute

by General Vagueness @, The Vault of Sass, Monday, September 02, 2013, 10:03 (3860 days ago) @ Grizzlei

Does that allow them to say which company or companies it was for, when the agreement was made, or which game it was?

I have an NDA regarding HL2 EP 3 that expires in 2017. If that day comes and the game isn't out yet, I'm totally posting spoilers.

...or when the agreement expires?

That's cute

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Monday, September 02, 2013, 10:05 (3860 days ago) @ General Vagueness

Sometimes not even that, as far as I know.

That's cute

by Grizzlei ⌂ @, Pacific Cloud Zone, Earth, Monday, September 02, 2013, 13:03 (3860 days ago) @ General Vagueness
edited by Grizzlei, Monday, September 02, 2013, 13:27

Does that allow them to say which company or companies it was for, when the agreement was made, or which game it was?

I've participated in a couple Microsoft playtests and each time they've said that its alright to tell others that you were at Microsoft to participate, but anything about the game, including its name, the developer, and experience itself is pursuant to the NDA. Anyone with a keen sense of obviousness can gleam details from tease-y little bits and conclude which game you were playing.

It's different with Bungie since they have only one game in production (presumably), so everyone's going to assume you played Destiny. The gratuity items they reward playtesters with are there to shut us up since they let you play their game.

...or when the agreement expires?

Everyone's just going to think you're full of shit.

But it was removed!

by Spawn ⌂, Saturday, August 31, 2013, 21:33 (3861 days ago) @ JDQuackers

Daw! Silly people thinking they can get around NDA's :-)

But it was removed!

by JDQuackers ⌂ @, McMurray, PA, Sunday, September 01, 2013, 12:21 (3861 days ago) @ Spawn

I absolutely loved his excuse, "I signed an NDA back in February, but I'm not giving away any story or universe details, so I should be okay" -- uhh? Didn't realize NDA's worked that way :)

how disrespectful, don't want to hear anything from it

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Sunday, September 01, 2013, 08:55 (3861 days ago) @ JDQuackers

- No text -

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread