THAB 10-19-2017 (Destiny)

by Schedonnardus, Texas, Thursday, October 19, 2017, 17:03 (2390 days ago)
edited by Schedonnardus, Thursday, October 19, 2017, 17:07

https://www.bungie.net/en/Explore/Detail/News/46413

Raid Challenges start Oct 31

PC Schedule:

[image]

TwitchCon Panel:

Panel Discussion: The Seasons of Destiny.
Friday, October 20, 4:30PM Pacific
CoolCat Theater + CoolCat Channel

What do Seasons mean in Destiny 2?
What will change from season to season?
How will this evolve the Destiny player experience?

Trials postponed until emote glitch fixed

No mention of Festival of The Lost

by CougRon, Auburn, WA, USA, Thursday, October 19, 2017, 18:21 (2390 days ago) @ Schedonnardus

- No text -

Boo! ):

by cheapLEY @, Thursday, October 19, 2017, 20:29 (2390 days ago) @ CougRon

- No text -

No mention of Redeem's use of Wardcliff Coil glitch

by TheeChaos @, Friday, October 20, 2017, 07:29 (2389 days ago) @ Schedonnardus

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-10-19-destiny-2-prestige-raid-world-first-awarded-to-team-which-used-glitch

The first team to complete the prestigious raid used the Wardcliff coil infinite ammo glitch (probably not the only group). I guess Bungie did not want to bring this up and "stir the pot" anymore since they are on everyone's chopping block for their dislike of the game. I understand that this was not the glitch they implemented the check for, but that does not make it a "Worlds First" valid completion of the raid IMO.

=P

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Friday, October 20, 2017, 07:37 (2389 days ago) @ TheeChaos

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-10-19-destiny-2-prestige-raid-world-first-awarded-to-team-which-used-glitch

The first team to complete the prestigious raid used the Wardcliff coil infinite ammo glitch (probably not the only group). I guess Bungie did not want to bring this up and "stir the pot" anymore since they are on everyone's chopping block for their dislike of the game. I understand that this was not the glitch they implemented the check for, but that does not make it a "Worlds First" valid completion of the raid IMO.

=P

Fortunately, only the neckest of beards care, and there was nothing at stake other than getting to say that you did something in a game slightly sooner than someone else.

If something tangible was up for grabs, I'm sure that Bungie would have laid some serious ground rules about what could or couldn't be done (including an explicit "No glitches, period" rule), and yeah, people could then start to criticize the clan's actions, but as it is, it was just a fun little challenge for people. There's folks out there still blind-raiding, you know.

Bungie did acknowledge the complaints elsewhere, though and listed the first three so that you could pick the one that you assume didn't "cheat", and lob meaningless praise their way, for whatever it's worth to ya.

by TheeChaos @, Friday, October 20, 2017, 07:56 (2389 days ago) @ Korny

=P

Fortunately, only the neckest of beards care, and there was nothing at stake other than getting to say that you did something in a game slightly sooner than someone else.

Only the neckest of Beards... this reply itself was worth posting to get THANKS!

If something tangible was up for grabs, I'm sure that Bungie would have laid some serious ground rules about what could or couldn't be done (including an explicit "No glitches, period" rule), and yeah, people could then start to criticize the clan's actions, but as it is, it was just a fun little challenge for people. There's folks out there still blind-raiding, you know.

This is true! I have little dogs in this fight, and no one likes little dogs. Except Paris Hilton. I guess I need to stop holding my moral standards as high for a video game. I would like to think if a solid DBO team was in the running for 'World's First' in any activity, we would try and do it without glitches, regardless of the actual reward. Some may disagree, but I would rather complete it in second without glitches, than first with. But again, little dogs in the fight.

Bungie did acknowledge the complaints elsewhere, though and listed the first three so that you could pick the one that you assume didn't "cheat", and lob meaningless praise their way, for whatever it's worth to ya.

I did read that response as well, reddit I believe. And I agree, its rather meaningless. If this were the first blind raid, I would hope that they would not just give us the top 3 and let us decide.

BTW Glad you are feeling better. The Guantlet has that effect sometimes.

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Friday, October 20, 2017, 08:10 (2389 days ago) @ TheeChaos

This is true! I have little dogs in this fight, and no one likes little dogs. Except Paris Hilton. I guess I need to stop holding my moral standards as high for a video game. I would like to think if a solid DBO team was in the running for 'World's First' in any activity, we would try and do it without glitches, regardless of the actual reward. Some may disagree, but I would rather complete it in second without glitches, than first with. But again, little dogs in the fight.

Yeah, totally. in the end, the challenge and inherent fun is what's important. Like how our PS4 group can say with pride that we've never cheesed Calus. ;)

I did read that response as well, reddit I believe. And I agree, its rather meaningless. If this were the first blind raid, I would hope that they would not just give us the top 3 and let us decide.

I find that a lot of toxicity and unnecessary crap gets started thanks to all of these "First" guys. Just another reason to hate the "Race to the finish" mentality that people have.

BTW Glad you are feeling better. The Guantlet has that effect sometimes.

Yeah, thanks. I was perfectly fine until we got to the Gauntlet. The nausea hit me like a brick the first time I got teleported, and only got worse the longer I tried to play. Pretty much all light was making me feel dizzy, so I just went to bed, and it went away by the time I woke up a few hours later.

Racing can be fun

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Friday, October 20, 2017, 09:08 (2389 days ago) @ Korny

I find that a lot of toxicity and unnecessary crap gets started thanks to all of these "First" guys. Just another reason to hate the "Race to the finish" mentality that people have.

I don't know, the DBO XBox Leviathan first felt pretty good :D

Racing can be fun

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Friday, October 20, 2017, 09:16 (2389 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

And it felt good to take a day off (technically two) over on the PS4 side when the raid first came out. I feel that if we had simply pressed through every day we would have grown really annoyed at the raid, or with each other. Taking time off from raiding when we hit a wall really helped, even if we'd give up the chance to be "first".

So it's definitely something that can be fun, yeah, but the second anyone starts to take it too seriously, things can sour real quick.

Racing can be fun

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Friday, October 20, 2017, 09:18 (2389 days ago) @ Korny

We more or less didn't have that... well aside for Xenos trying to strangle me Homer Simpson style for unrelated things when we jumped straight into trials after beating the Raid. :p

Sorry about that

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Friday, October 20, 2017, 09:20 (2389 days ago) @ Ragashingo

Stress and lack of sleep make me cranky.

Sorry about that

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Friday, October 20, 2017, 09:21 (2389 days ago) @ Xenos

Stress and lack of sleep make me cranky.

What!? That energizes me!

/sarcasm

Sorry about that

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Friday, October 20, 2017, 09:21 (2389 days ago) @ Xenos

Meh. I probably shouldn't have poked you with a pointy stick all week long. It's all good. :)

Racing can be fun

by breitzen @, Kansas, Friday, October 20, 2017, 09:25 (2389 days ago) @ Korny

And it felt good to take a day off (technically two) over on the PS4 side when the raid first came out. I feel that if we had simply pressed through every day we would have grown really annoyed at the raid, or with each other. Taking time off from raiding when we hit a wall really helped, even if we'd give up the chance to be "first".

So it's definitely something that can be fun, yeah, but the second anyone starts to take it too seriously, things can sour real quick.

It's all about your personalities and group dynamics. If you need to take it slow, great. Making a "race" game out of can be fun motivation for some people but not others (and that's ok!). Let's not demonize one because it's not our style.

I'm just glad more people are getting to experience the Raid this time around. :)

I believe you mean DBO Leviathan first :)

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Friday, October 20, 2017, 09:17 (2389 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

- No text -

Yes.

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Friday, October 20, 2017, 09:20 (2389 days ago) @ Xenos

- No text -

I call it the DBO-World First.

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Friday, October 20, 2017, 09:22 (2389 days ago) @ Xenos

- No text -

+1

by breitzen @, Kansas, Friday, October 20, 2017, 09:26 (2389 days ago) @ Ragashingo

- No text -

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread