HAGS Destiny Community! *New Destiny video* (Destiny)

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Wednesday, September 04, 2013, 17:54 (3887 days ago)
edited by Xenos, Wednesday, September 04, 2013, 18:02

Bungie just posted a thank you to the community for the great summer, and it has a video in it with brand new Destiny footage! Go devour it!

Few things I noticed:

* Players fighting Fallen and Vex at the same time!
* The crashed Fallen dropship
* New Space Magic including a dash/blink ability
* What looks like a somewhat dynamic melee system
* Lots of interesting environments

What did I miss?

A couple things I noticed

by breitzen @, Kansas, Wednesday, September 04, 2013, 19:33 (3887 days ago) @ Xenos

Looked to me like a crashed Cabal ship on the left? yes? no?

[image]

And a competitive mp tease:

[image]

love that sliding action!

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Wednesday, September 04, 2013, 21:31 (3887 days ago) @ breitzen

[image]

I kind of hope they change the pistols so they are carried on the hip instead of the back. Pistols look really weird slung across a players back in my opinion.

by Leviathan ⌂, Hotel Zanzibar, Wednesday, September 04, 2013, 22:40 (3886 days ago) @ Xenos

[image]

I kind of hope they change the pistols so they are carried on the hip instead of the back. Pistols look really weird slung across a players back in my opinion.

That almost looks like a sawed-off shotgun...

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Wednesday, September 04, 2013, 22:47 (3886 days ago) @ Leviathan

[image]

That almost looks like a sawed-off shotgun...

Yeah on closer inspection you could absolutely be right, they did show a shot though in Vidoc 2 with a pistol on a player's back:

[image]

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Thursday, September 05, 2013, 19:46 (3886 days ago) @ Xenos

Might be the only way to do it given the abundance of flowing, swooshing leg-garments.

HAGS Destiny Community! *New Destiny video*

by Fuertisimo, Wednesday, September 04, 2013, 22:36 (3886 days ago) @ Xenos

Bungie just posted a thank you to the community for the great summer, and it has a video in it with brand new Destiny footage! Go devour it!

Few things I noticed:

* Players fighting Fallen and Vex at the same time!
* The crashed Fallen dropship
* New Space Magic including a dash/blink ability
* What looks like a somewhat dynamic melee system
* Lots of interesting environments

What did I miss?

Errrmahgerrrdddd... that blink ability was so fucking cool. All this new footage was fucking boss, its a shame there was so little of it!!!!!!!!

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Wednesday, September 04, 2013, 23:41 (3886 days ago) @ Xenos
edited by Ragashingo, Wednesday, September 04, 2013, 23:44

Well… The Hunter is very clearly showing off a new Space Magic power. That's not just a fancy Melee, but some sort of Space Magically energized knife. We see it in action a few times then we see it activated:
[image]
Note that the flare of energy centers on the Knife and not the Hunter. :)

P.S. It reminds me of something. ;)

I Liked The Martian Wind Farm

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Thursday, September 05, 2013, 00:06 (3886 days ago) @ Xenos

Apparently it's quite windy on the red planet:
[image][image]
And is that water in the lower left of the first image?

I Liked The Martian Wind Farm

by cheapLEY @, Thursday, September 05, 2013, 01:05 (3886 days ago) @ Ragashingo

It all looks great.

Just have to say: you can definitely tell this is a Bungie game. If we knew nothing about Destiny or who was responsible for it, I think you would know immediately after seeing all the footage. The animations, and especially what little we've seen of level design, really give it away. And I love that.

So far, a lot of the stuff we've seen in this video looks very Halo: Reach to me. Just what it reminds me of anyway, aesthetically.

I can't wait to see more, and can't wait to get my grubby little hands on it!

by Stephen Laughlin ⌂ @, Long Beach, CA, Thursday, September 05, 2013, 01:56 (3886 days ago) @ Xenos

Lots of cool combat footage in this one with that Hunter blinking, sliding, and knifin' around all over the place. Space magic going off everywhere! Is this the first time we've seen a player kill another player in competitive multiplayer?

Probably nothing, but in the last shot there's a small object that flies out from behind a rock in the upper-center of the screen. I can't really make it out but I wonder what it is.

[image]

by petetheduck, Thursday, September 05, 2013, 03:29 (3886 days ago) @ Stephen Laughlin

Lots of cool combat footage in this one with that Hunter blinking, sliding, and knifin' around all over the place. Space magic going off everywhere! Is this the first time we've seen a player kill another player in competitive multiplayer?

Probably nothing, but in the last shot there's a small object that flies out from behind a rock in the upper-center of the screen. I can't really make it out but I wonder what it is.

[image]

0:32 starts a clip where we see both Fallen and Vex shooting at a Guardian.. working together?

by PerseusSpartacus, G'rndl Prime, Thursday, September 05, 2013, 11:49 (3886 days ago) @ Stephen Laughlin
edited by PerseusSpartacus, Thursday, September 05, 2013, 11:54

Lots of cool combat footage in this one with that Hunter blinking, sliding, and knifin' around all over the place.

Wait, was that a Hunter or a Warlock blinking? For some reason I thought it was a Warlock - the animation sure seemed very Warlock-ish, what with the jump-then-activate thingy, but maybe I didn't see the character quite right.

Vale,
Perseus

EDIT: Come to think of it, it did look like a Hunter when I reviewed the film. My bad.

I like ...

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Friday, September 06, 2013, 07:56 (3885 days ago) @ Xenos

that Jason Jones is the last Bungie employee you see, and that lamp behind him looks Travelerish.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread