Anyone have interesting Key Re-Bindings on PC? (Destiny)

by Schedonnardus, Texas, Friday, October 27, 2017, 10:00 (2385 days ago)

So here's the original bindings:

[image]

and here's what i changed:

Tab: super
Alt: Ghost
F: Interact
Mouse Thumb Click 1: Melee
Mouse Thumb Click 2: Air move/Class Ability
Mouse Wheel Up: Primary
Mouse Wheel Down: Secondary
Mouse Wheel Click: Heavy

Tank secondary weapon: space

Anyone have interesting Key Re-Bindings on PC?

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Friday, October 27, 2017, 10:21 (2385 days ago) @ Schedonnardus

[image]

Holy moly! That seems like a lot of keys to use. I don't think of it being that many keys when playing with a controller...

That's kind of my issue with PC games

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Friday, October 27, 2017, 11:09 (2385 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

[image]

Holy moly! That seems like a lot of keys to use. I don't think of it being that many keys when playing with a controller...

I hate the travel time between keys.

That's kind of my issue with PC games

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Friday, October 27, 2017, 11:29 (2385 days ago) @ kidtsunami

It would help a lot of you had a gaming mouse with the 9 buttons. That would help a lot with things you don't have to hold down (like super)

Funny thing is I do

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Friday, October 27, 2017, 13:31 (2385 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

It would help a lot of you had a gaming mouse with the 9 buttons. That would help a lot with things you don't have to hold down (like super)

If I had played the beta for more than an hour, probably would have set a few things up...

Funny thing is I do

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Friday, October 27, 2017, 13:46 (2385 days ago) @ kidtsunami

If I had played the beta for more than an hour, probably would have set a few things up...

I realized that I phrased that like I was specifically talking about you. I meant that in a general player sense :D

Just wish I could bind one action to multiple keys.

by Harmanimus @, Friday, October 27, 2017, 11:15 (2385 days ago) @ Schedonnardus

- No text -

by Schedonnardus, Texas, Friday, October 27, 2017, 12:05 (2385 days ago) @ Harmanimus

have you tried with a text editor?

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/6x71qw/dual_bind_your_keys_to_make_life_easier_in_both/

I was able to bind multiple actions to a single key; I haven't tried doing multiple keys to a single action though.

by Harmanimus @, Friday, October 27, 2017, 12:46 (2385 days ago) @ Schedonnardus

I hadn't found anything with that which accomplished what i was looking for. I suppose now is a fair time to check again as it's been in the wild for a minute. Mostly I like to duplicate functions on both my keyboard and my mouse. I suppose I could look into the software for my mouse and see if I can simply have the appropriate keys repeat on a profile.

Anyone have interesting Key Re-Bindings on PC?

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Friday, October 27, 2017, 14:32 (2385 days ago) @ Schedonnardus

I must be the only person who plays with 8,4,5,6 as movement keys, and the rest of the numbers and things surrounding it the other actions.

A holdover from marathon:

8,4,5,6 - Move
1 - run
2 - grenade
7, 9, switch weapons

No action key because I'd double tap run like a boss.

Anyone have interesting Key Re-Bindings on PC? FEDS FTW!

by dogcow @, Hiding from Bob, in the vent core., Friday, October 27, 2017, 15:02 (2384 days ago) @ Schedonnardus

[image]

Any FPS player worth anything uses FEDS, not WADS. ;-) (and start the flame war now!)

1- you have a finger nubby on the F key should your fingers get lost they can easily find home (row).
2- you have 3 more keys that your pinky finger can easily reach. Q, A, Z, in addition to Tab, Caps, Shift, Ctrl. Opt is now a possibility too.

So, with that in mind most everything has moved to either the mouse or my pinky:

Caps: Sprint
Shift: Crouch
Ctrl: Super
A: Air Move
Z: Class Ability
E: Interact
Mouse 4: Grenade
Mouse 5: Melee

Edit: FEDS not WADS meaning I use:
F: Right
S: Left
E: Forward