I didn't realize it, but I missed Mayhem (Destiny)

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Wednesday, December 20, 2017, 08:29 (2333 days ago)

I'm so glad it's back, at least for this event anyways. I forgot how much I love the total chaos. I can finally play PvP and just not care.

Not to mention, while I was playing it I kept laughing and telling my XBox to record stuff every couple minutes. For instance, this is one of those "oh, shit" moments that I just had to record.

When you walk around the wrong corner but there is no turning back.

SEZ THE STRIKER TITAN!

by nico, Wednesday, December 20, 2017, 12:16 (2333 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

Seriously though, I've always loved Mayhem -- it's the only PvP computer game I've ever played (aside from Myth) where it's just impossible to get mad!

I didn't realize it, but I missed Mayhem

by Kahzgul, Wednesday, December 20, 2017, 18:13 (2333 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

Hella fun on my warlock, too! Having supers and grenades is great, and this game is better for it.

I didn't realize it, but I missed Mayhem

by bluerunner @, Music City, Wednesday, December 20, 2017, 18:52 (2333 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

It so much fun with The Colony. I love watching those little bugs scurry around corners and up walls after people. I had a game where nobody was going for heavy ammo so I just ran circles picking up ammo and firing bugs everywhere.

Mayhem = Anti Anti-Fun

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Wednesday, December 20, 2017, 20:00 (2333 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

- No text -

It's bonkers and I dig it!

by ManKitten, The Stugotz is strong in me., Thursday, December 21, 2017, 06:38 (2332 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

I played 5 games of Mayhem last night and they were a blast. There were moments where I said "..uuhh...that's bogus" like the time a solar titan popped super the same time I popped goldy, we hit each other at the same time...I died and he didn't.

And there were plenty of times where I said "Ooohh yeah tight kills" as I came around the corner with goldy and pop-pop-pop took out a group in 1.5 seconds.

(and yes, I actually say these things out loud, my wife can vouch.)

Then there was the game where the opposite team had 2 void bow hunters. Good grief that was irritating! We couldn't do anything. Everywhere we went, tetheropolis!

Dear Bungie,

Mayhem is fun. Laser Tag weekend was fun. Why? Because they were silly and temporary. Even Iron Banner is more fun than Crucible even though it's the EXACT same thing...because it's temporary. Please! Embrace the silliness and consider more of these temporary game types. If you're bound by lore, then create the lore.

Banshee has developed new weapons and needs test data. For the next two days, he is inviting guardians to join his "Ordnance Focus" with specific locked primary and secondary weapons. (with VO from Banshee)

Cayde enjoys blowing stuff up and seeing things go boom. He has cleared out The Farm and invited all Guardians to bring their heavy weapons out to the country. "Cayde's Brigade" features ONLY heavy weapons and uses The Farm as a PvP map. (with VO from Cayde)

Hawthorne is constantly training guardians to work as a team. To keep them on their toes, she hosts "Honor Games" which features a rotation of team based objective games along the lines of head-to-head capture the flag, offense/defense VIP, oddball (basically all the games we loved from a different title a decade ago :P)

Hire this guy

by Funkmon @, Thursday, December 21, 2017, 07:53 (2332 days ago) @ ManKitten

I want to play Cayde's Brigade. I think the problem is that Bungie can't seem to get the criticism out of its head. Remember Queen's Wrath? That was AWESOME. It was just story missions on Epic, but it turned Draksis into the best strike of the game. The issue is, all people did is complain that it wasn't anything new, so they never did it again. Fairly quickly, fans were clamoring for something like that, but it's been ruined.

I hope they trash that criticism and learn they can do something that simple again.

(mods plz approve my post about candles)

by Claude Errera @, Thursday, December 21, 2017, 10:31 (2332 days ago) @ ManKitten

I played 5 games of Mayhem last night and they were a blast. There were moments where I said "..uuhh...that's bogus" like the time a solar titan popped super the same time I popped goldy, we hit each other at the same time...I died and he didn't.

When I play a Striker, I LOVE the fact that the D2 Titan (unlike the D1 Titan) is actually more of a tank than other classes (especially squishy hunters).

When I play a Hunter, though, I'm annoyed as heck that it takes 2 Golden Gun shots to kill a super'd Titan. (To be fair, it takes 1 Golden gun shots and a couple of AR bullets from a teammate; the first shot doesn't leave him much health at all... but if you're meeting him one-on-one, you're right, you're gonna lose with goldy.)

by Harmanimus @, Thursday, December 21, 2017, 10:41 (2332 days ago) @ ManKitten

Mayhem is in a lot of ways about choosing where to fight folks. Use your range as an advantage. Bows getting you down? Remember you can destroy the tether bulb. A lot of Nightstalkers just launch their stuff all William Nilliam.

I popped like 10 Supers one match. Most fun I’ve had in D2 PvP - even when losing.

by Dame117 @, Missouri, Monday, January 01, 2018, 12:37 (2321 days ago) @ ManKitten

Great ideas!

I am especially liking the "Ordnance Focus" with specific locked primary and secondary weapons.
Kinda takes me back to playing "Swat" on Halo, same load outs for everyone ..and, no radar.
Changes things up enough to keep it interesting

and "Cayde's Brigade"...ooooh yeah! Kinda like doing Rockets and Splasers on Halo, and grenades too of course. Much explosion. Much fun. :) This is why I usually have a blast in Mayhem, even when I am losing.

Shaxx Certainly Gets Hyped For It.

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Friday, December 22, 2017, 16:06 (2331 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

I got him to do his Elite orgasm impression three times in one game!

:-D

Not to mention, I've never heard more Heavy Ammo remarks in my life. XD

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread