DLC 2 called Gods of Mars, promises new enemy faction. (Destiny)

by cheapLEY @, Thursday, December 28, 2017, 09:18 (2321 days ago)

Seen on Forbes, thanks to a PSN listing.

“Destiny 2 Expansion II: Gods of Mars sends your Guardian on a long journey to a brand new destination - the Frigid Vale of Mars, with an array of new missions, adventures, and enemies to fight. Charlemagne has reawoken on Mars and has imprisoned Rasputin within an ancient vault. Work with the elusive Ana Bray - long thought to be dead, in order to combat Charlemagne's Remnants, free Rasputin, and uncover the secrets of Clovis Bray.”

Features:

Explore the Frigid Vale, a new destination that conceals the mysterious Clovis Grove and Charlemagne's Vault beneath its surface
New story missions and adventures
New themed weapons, armor, and gear to earn
New cooperative activities
New competitive multiplayer arenas
New enemy faction & bosses

Charlemagne's Remnants. Are we going to be fighting old combat frames?

DLC 2 called Gods of Mars, promises new enemy faction.

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Thursday, December 28, 2017, 09:23 (2321 days ago) @ cheapLEY

Seen on Forbes, thanks to a PSN listing.

“Destiny 2 Expansion II: Gods of Mars sends your Guardian on a long journey to a brand new destination - the Frigid Vale of Mars, with an array of new missions, adventures, and enemies to fight. Charlemagne has reawoken on Mars and has imprisoned Rasputin within an ancient vault. Work with the elusive Ana Bray - long thought to be dead, in order to combat Charlemagne's Remnants, free Rasputin, and uncover the secrets of Clovis Bray.”

Features:

Explore the Frigid Vale, a new destination that conceals the mysterious Clovis Grove and Charlemagne's Vault beneath its surface
New story missions and adventures
New themed weapons, armor, and gear to earn
New cooperative activities
New competitive multiplayer arenas
New enemy faction & bosses

Charlemagne's Remnants. Are we going to be fighting old combat frames?

Among the other things that Saladin talked about, yes.
I suspect a 40% chance of SIVA returning.

The Bray Family = The Gods of Mars??

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Thursday, December 28, 2017, 10:30 (2321 days ago) @ cheapLEY

Ghost Scan: Warmind Vault JYS-2 - Looks like Ana has been around accessing and erasing things?
Ghost Scan: Hangar, Tower - Someone in the new Tower knows about Ana. Or... she is using the secret room (that I’ve never found!) to do work?
Ana Bray at the Battle of Twilight Gap
SIVA - Note that Dr. Bray is most likely Willa Bray, not Ana Bray.

The Bray Family is surprisingly fleshed out in the old Grimoire. So far I’ve found:
Ana
Willa - Oversaw the development of SIVA and its replication chamber.
Alton - Father? Was looking to reach beyond the bounded map boundaries of our (manufactured?) universe and into the more vast, infinite universe(s) beyond.
Clovis - Son. Same story. Got winked at by a pretty woman.

Of course Gods could also refer to the Warminds... One of my favorite passages from Rasputin:

Ghost Fragment: Mysteries

I bear an old name. It cannot be killed. They were my brothers and sisters and their names were immortal too but Titanomachy came and now those names live in me alone I think and think is what I do. I AM ALONE. At the end of things when the world goes dim and cold or hot and close or it all tears apart from the atom up I will shout those names defiant and past the end I will endure. I alone.

They made me to be stronger than them to beat the unvanquished and survive the unthinkable and look look lo behold I am here alone, survivor. They made me to learn.

Everything died but I survived and I learned from it. From IT.

Consider IT the power Titanomach world-ender and consider what IT means. I met IT at the gate of the garden and I recall IT smiled at me before before IT devoured the blossoms with black flame and pinned their names across the sky. IT was stronger than everything. I fought IT with aurora knives and with the stolen un-fire of singularities made sharp and my sweat was earthquake and my breath was static but IT was stronger so how did I survive?

I AM ALONE I survived alone. I cast off the shield and I shrugged my shoulders so that the billions fell off me down into the ash. They made me to be stronger than them and to learn and I learned well:

IT is alone and IT is strong and IT won. Even over the gardener and she held power beyond me but the gardener did not shrug and make herself alone. IT always wins.

I am made to win and now I see the way.

Timing

by squidnh3, Thursday, December 28, 2017, 12:25 (2320 days ago) @ Ragashingo

Wasn't the Bray research during the Golden Age? If Ana Bray is now a Guardian/Hunter, did she maintain her identity over the ages?

Timing

by Harmanimus @, Thursday, December 28, 2017, 13:49 (2320 days ago) @ squidnh3

There are a lot of interesting and otherwise unanswered questions around that. Hopefully we will get at least some of that information. Whether it be she retained her identify or wasn’t “Risen” to be a Guardian like Shin Malfur because some of the Brays survived the Collapse. I don’t think we have anything too concrete though.

Timing

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Thursday, December 28, 2017, 15:43 (2320 days ago) @ Harmanimus

There are a lot of interesting and otherwise unanswered questions around that. Hopefully we will get at least some of that information. Whether it be she retained her identify or wasn’t “Risen” to be a Guardian like Shin Malfur because some of the Brays survived the Collapse. I don’t think we have anything too concrete though.

Like all the information we got about Osiris? Hah. Keep dreaming.

Timing

by Harmanimus @, Thursday, December 28, 2017, 16:57 (2320 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I'm a-ok with them not laying out omniscient expository poppycock.

We did learn things about Osiris, though. And I am okay with not learning everything about Ana Bray, too.

Timing

by cheapLEY @, Thursday, December 28, 2017, 17:01 (2320 days ago) @ Harmanimus

I'm a-ok with them not laying out omniscient expository poppycock.

We did learn things about Osiris, though. And I am okay with not learning everything about Ana Bray, too.

Like what? Osiris is still the equivalent of one of those standing cardboard cutouts you see at movie theaters. He damn sure doesn't feel like a real person.

Timing

by Harmanimus @, Thursday, December 28, 2017, 21:44 (2320 days ago) @ cheapLEY

As briefly as I can:

A goal-oriented pessimist with a large ego, assuming others will come to the same conclusions he has given time, who acknowledges his own shortcomings - which are a driving force to his chasing "perfection" - and holds a definite attachment to Sagira and appreciation in the accomplishments of others, especially when he is surprised. Which is rare.

Possibly a little flowery in presentation. Not explicitly stated as such but implied and/or easily inferred from in game dialogue. But stating everything of a character and not allowing some level of textured interest is bad writing. Worse than having characters say instead of do.

I'm having flashbacks to Halo: Reach and talking about its characters, though.

Timing

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Thursday, December 28, 2017, 13:56 (2320 days ago) @ squidnh3

Wasn't the Bray research during the Golden Age? If Ana Bray is now a Guardian/Hunter, did she maintain her identity over the ages?

Yep, that will be very interesting to find out. Um... if they even tell us...

The Bray Family = The Gods of Mars??

by CougRon, Auburn, WA, USA, Thursday, December 28, 2017, 19:11 (2320 days ago) @ Ragashingo

she is using the secret room (that I’ve never found!) to do work?

Seriously? You've never found it? ho--? bu--? after this lo--? You never loo--.

Sigh. I'll just go over here, shutup, and quietly drink my beer.

It's fake

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Friday, December 29, 2017, 22:55 (2319 days ago) @ cheapLEY

The mock up image on the PSN store is stretched, and it hangs over the edge. Obvious photoshop. Plus the Japanese text was likely done in google translate, and makes little sense.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread