TW@B - 1/25/2018 | Salad Bars, Raid Rewards and More! (Destiny)

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Thursday, January 25, 2018, 15:03 (2301 days ago)
edited by INSANEdrive, Thursday, January 25, 2018, 15:23

https://www.bungie.net/en/Explore/Detail/News/46596

Quick Vers:

-Iron Banner Stuffs (Control)

We've received a lot of feedback from previous Iron Banner events that players preferred a way to directly acquire items. We have added the ability to obtain armor and three different weapons from Lord Saladin during each event. Here is what he has to offer next week. ...

-Armor Masterwork

The Benefits

• Each armor piece grants 3% damage resistance while using a Super
    • This stacks for a 15% damage reduction if you have a full set of Masterwork Armor
  • Masterworks armor can be reworked to a different stat package (Heavy, Light, or Restorative) for one Masterwork core and 10 Legendary Shards

- Raid Reward Rework

• Raid Armor: Now With Raid Perks!
  • Double Drops
  • Raid Encounters Always Drop a Raid Piece
  • Raid Vendor Sells a Rotating Selection of Raid Gear
  • New Item: Exotic Raid Ghost "Contender's Shell"

-Patch Note Preview (1.1.2 update on January 30)

• Prometheus Lens
    • Flame Refraction perk now generates ammo instead of pulling from reserves
    • Increased base damage
  • Fixed an issue where new characters created after the release of Curse of Osiris were not receiving the Flashpoint milestone
  • Players in social spaces, like the Tower, receive a notification when their Lost and Found at the Postmaster is full
  • Heroic strike completions now have a greater chance of granting Exotic rewards
  • Mercury challenges are now available during adventures
  • Fixed an issue where Curse of Osiris strikes were not properly granting Clan Engrams when featured as a Nightfall activity
  • Fixed an issue where Challenges were not appearing within Quickplay
  • Increased the dismantle timer for Masterwork Cores

- Shader Talk (Go read the full text)

• It should be easier to get rid of a stack of shaders. We are looking at mass exchange solutions.
  • We know you miss D1 Armor Shader mechanics. Looking at ways to re-integrate that capability without losing the ability to shade weapons, Ghosts, ships, Sparrows, or customize specific pieces of armor.
  • We also understand you want shaders to be more freely usable and not limited by availability. We’re looking at re-introducing shader collections or a way to get copies of a shader in your possession.

Shaders

by cheapLEY @, Thursday, January 25, 2018, 15:18 (2301 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

Shader Sit-down

Since the launch of Destiny 2, we’ve gathered a lot of feedback on the new shader system. As time went on, and the shaders began to pile up, players lamented the cumbersome process of trying to delete each shader one by one.

You’ve been asking us why we can’t just allow you to dismantle entire stacks of shaders. I mean, there are other consumables that can be dismantled in mass. It’s a totally reasonable question and we wanted to let you know the facts. We’re not making excuses or claiming this problem is too hard to solve. We just want to be transparent about what the problem is, and how we are going to go about solving it. Here is Senior Design Lead Tyson Green to shed some light on shaders.

Tyson Green: Shaders are individual items, and individual items trigger individual reward bundles when dismantled, even when those rewards are simple. That creates a challenge for us that we haven’t yet addressed, which is triggering dozens (or hundreds) of reward bundles simultaneously when an entire stack of shaders is dismantled. This is challenging not simply because an arbitrary number of rewards need to be run and delivered simultaneously, but because we also have to safeguard against scenarios where this produced items that couldn’t fit in your inventory, which could be instantly lost (ex: shaders that produce Glimmer could easily evaporate into nothing if you were at or near the cap.)

It would be relatively easy to find another button on the controller (L2 + X?) and let players actually delete a full stack, but that isn’t the spirit of what players are asking for, so we’re looking at a stronger solve. In addition, we’re also looking at how to address other shader feedback:

It should be easier to get rid of a stack of shaders. We are looking at mass exchange solutions.
We know you miss D1 Armor Shader mechanics. Looking at ways to re-integrate that capability without losing the ability to shade weapons, Ghosts, ships, Sparrows, or customize specific pieces of armor.
We also understand you want shaders to be more freely usable and not limited by availability. We’re looking at re-introducing shader collections or a way to get copies of a shader in your possession.

This work is ongoing, and we’ll go on record as to when the solution will land as we get closer to a fix that we test and certify. For now, it was important to us that you know it’s on our workbench.

I'm happy to hear they're taking this seriously. I'm pretty okay with the current shader system, but I'm glad they're looking into other options and collections. Honestly, I just want more options for colors!

Shaders

by Kahzgul, Thursday, January 25, 2018, 15:35 (2301 days ago) @ cheapLEY

Shader Sit-down

Since the launch of Destiny 2, we’ve gathered a lot of feedback on the new shader system. As time went on, and the shaders began to pile up, players lamented the cumbersome process of trying to delete each shader one by one.

You’ve been asking us why we can’t just allow you to dismantle entire stacks of shaders. I mean, there are other consumables that can be dismantled in mass. It’s a totally reasonable question and we wanted to let you know the facts. We’re not making excuses or claiming this problem is too hard to solve. We just want to be transparent about what the problem is, and how we are going to go about solving it. Here is Senior Design Lead Tyson Green to shed some light on shaders.

Tyson Green: Shaders are individual items, and individual items trigger individual reward bundles when dismantled, even when those rewards are simple. That creates a challenge for us that we haven’t yet addressed, which is triggering dozens (or hundreds) of reward bundles simultaneously when an entire stack of shaders is dismantled. This is challenging not simply because an arbitrary number of rewards need to be run and delivered simultaneously, but because we also have to safeguard against scenarios where this produced items that couldn’t fit in your inventory, which could be instantly lost (ex: shaders that produce Glimmer could easily evaporate into nothing if you were at or near the cap.)

It would be relatively easy to find another button on the controller (L2 + X?) and let players actually delete a full stack, but that isn’t the spirit of what players are asking for, so we’re looking at a stronger solve. In addition, we’re also looking at how to address other shader feedback:

It should be easier to get rid of a stack of shaders. We are looking at mass exchange solutions.
We know you miss D1 Armor Shader mechanics. Looking at ways to re-integrate that capability without losing the ability to shade weapons, Ghosts, ships, Sparrows, or customize specific pieces of armor.
We also understand you want shaders to be more freely usable and not limited by availability. We’re looking at re-introducing shader collections or a way to get copies of a shader in your possession.

This work is ongoing, and we’ll go on record as to when the solution will land as we get closer to a fix that we test and certify. For now, it was important to us that you know it’s on our workbench.

I'm happy to hear they're taking this seriously. I'm pretty okay with the current shader system, but I'm glad they're looking into other options and collections. Honestly, I just want more options for colors!

Yeah, this is really good feedback and an excellent explanation of what's going on under the hood. As someone who likes to play Shader Dress Up before every activity, I'm looking forward to whatever they come up with as a solution.

Shaders

by Harmanimus @, Thursday, January 25, 2018, 15:41 (2301 days ago) @ Kahzgul

If only shaders were applied semi-permanently to an existing item so that you can reselect them once they are unlocked, similar to how Ornaments work, but still allowing you to put new ones on. Eventually you could have every shader on that one chest piece you really love or w/e.

THIS! +1

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Thursday, January 25, 2018, 15:43 (2301 days ago) @ Harmanimus

- No text -

Shaders

by Kahzgul, Thursday, January 25, 2018, 16:29 (2301 days ago) @ Harmanimus

If only shaders were applied semi-permanently to an existing item so that you can reselect them once they are unlocked, similar to how Ornaments work, but still allowing you to put new ones on. Eventually you could have every shader on that one chest piece you really love or w/e.

That would be a really interesting way to do it. Of course, the wheel of select-a-shader per item would be potentially huge, and you'd need storage for not only which shaders were applied, but also which were unlocked on a per-item basis. This could potentially be a big memory sink depending on how item data is collected / retrieved.

Shaders

by Harmanimus @, Thursday, January 25, 2018, 15:40 (2301 days ago) @ cheapLEY

I'm actually really excited they didn't just decide to go back to D1 style shaders (other than it requiring a complete rework of some of the methods for rewarding them) and I have some hopes for a few things. My likely wishful thinking hopes in response to the bullet points:

Emphasis mine. The discussion point of having them sold to vendors is likely the easiest solution. Single click to sell a stack of X or something. That would greatly accelerate their dismantling but not necessarily lead to accidental stack deletion.

I would appreciate the ability to acquire/make a usable space in our Inventory section where shaders were in D1. Allowing you to apply it to all of your armor, but still allowing for a toggle override on shaders applied directly to armor pieces. I think that would be a nice balance and not remove having shaders we can apply to other items.

And all of this leads to: Where is Eva Lavante, and can she just become a shader/emblem vendor again? I miss having that. Other than bringing back kiosks (which I also support) I think that would be a more manageable option. Let her sell shaders specific to herself. Perhaps she is the only way of getting the inventory shader items other than events/end game content. Thinking out loud. I think it would be beneficial to have her back, though.

TW@B - 1/25/2018 | Salad Bars, Raid Rewards and More!

by squidnh3, Thursday, January 25, 2018, 15:21 (2301 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

This was a really good update. Re-rolling armor is great, hopefully I can eventually actually wear my ornamented New Monarchy stuff.

I'm still hoping we hear more from the sandbox/Crucible team soon, but one thing at a time I suppose.

+1

by cheapLEY @, Thursday, January 25, 2018, 15:26 (2301 days ago) @ squidnh3

This was a really good update. Re-rolling armor is great, hopefully I can eventually actually wear my ornamented New Monarchy stuff.

Most of the Titan Recovery gear is fugly, so I'll be happy when we can reroll. Time to start accumulating more sets that I previously discarded!

+1

by Harmanimus @, Thursday, January 25, 2018, 15:45 (2301 days ago) @ cheapLEY

All of those mobility rolled items that look good but mess up my balanced stat spread (w/o mods: my Hunter is 5/4/4, my Warlock is 3/4/6, and my titan is 2/3/8, but that is a recent change from 4/4/5) can now be reworked.

Also super glad it is 5 cores for armor instead of 10 and 1 to reroll instead of 3.

+1

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Friday, January 26, 2018, 11:31 (2300 days ago) @ Harmanimus

Am I the only one who keeps different armor sets for different subclasses?

Just for example, I have a set for my striker that's as much mobility and resilience as possible, in order to close the gap to melee range and hopefully survive the trip, but I don't care about recovery because I'm typically a) taking too many hits too often for it to matter and b) getting health back frequently once I get into melee range. But when I'm running Sentinel, I want it as tanky as possible without having to stay in melee range, and I don't really care how fast I move. So it's all resilience/recovery and as little mobility as possible.

It's probably not the most efficient way to progress, but I feel pretty meh about that and I think this helps each subclass' playstyle feel unique.

A mix.

by Harmanimus @, Friday, January 26, 2018, 12:15 (2300 days ago) @ stabbim

I know you aren't the only person who does it. But I'm easily one of those folks who will stick with what I enjoy. And really when it comes down to it that stat spread doesn't change that much for me. Mobility doesn't change sprint speed, so for a Titan one of the exotics that increases movement (Dune Marchers for sprint speed, Lion Rampant for a little more in air) or survival (gain an overshield while sprinting with shoulder charge melees) is usually more beneficial than pushing mobility.

However, in a gun fight (especially 1v1) your ability to strafe, and that initial jump height in some special cases, is really useful. For me, my stat spread is usually pretty balanced because of this. But I am more prone to keep varied armor sets around for the purposes of exotic and mod switching. But even that is mostly a few pieces swapped here-and-there. Maybe when Mods 2.0 is out the effects will be sufficient that I have more motivation to keep completely different builds.

+1

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Sunday, January 28, 2018, 18:58 (2298 days ago) @ stabbim

Am I the only one who keeps different armor sets for different subclasses?

Just for example, I have a set for my striker that's as much mobility and resilience as possible, in order to close the gap to melee range and hopefully survive the trip, but I don't care about recovery because I'm typically a) taking too many hits too often for it to matter and b) getting health back frequently once I get into melee range. But when I'm running Sentinel, I want it as tanky as possible without having to stay in melee range, and I don't really care how fast I move. So it's all resilience/recovery and as little mobility as possible.

It's probably not the most efficient way to progress, but I feel pretty meh about that and I think this helps each subclass' playstyle feel unique.

I think what you’re doing is precisely what Bungie had envisioned players would do. I had planned on doing that as well, but I ended up finding the process too much of a bother, and at the end of the day, I don’t find armor stats make enough of a difference for me to base my play style around them. So I put together a set of armor that I think looks good for each character, and leave it at that :-/

I'm mixed on raid perks.

by cheapLEY @, Thursday, January 25, 2018, 15:25 (2301 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

The way they've implemented it seems fine, but also sort of less interesting than actual raid mechanic based perks.

Rather than just base stat increases that apply while you're in the Leviathan, I'd love to see encounter specific perks. Increased mobility while holding the orb for The Gauntlet. Increased damage resistance while holding the buff for Pools. Stuff like that. There's obvious downsides to that, too, mainly the potential to have to keep multiple sets of gear to switch out between encounters, so maybe what they're doing is actually better at the end of the day. Just a little more pedestrian than I wanted.

I'm mixed on raid perks.

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Thursday, January 25, 2018, 15:32 (2301 days ago) @ cheapLEY

The way they've implemented it seems fine, but also sort of less interesting than actual raid mechanic based perks.

Rather than just base stat increases that apply while you're in the Leviathan, I'd love to see encounter specific perks. Increased mobility while holding the orb for The Gauntlet. Increased damage resistance while holding the buff for Pools. Stuff like that. There's obvious downsides to that, too, mainly the potential to have to keep multiple sets of gear to switch out between encounters, so maybe what they're doing is actually better at the end of the day. Just a little more pedestrian than I wanted.

I did not like the Raid perks in Destiny. It's a cool concept, that gets muddy in practice. I like the border approach they are taking for this. I'm still not a fan of Raid exclusive perks, as now I "need to hold on to this stuff for a raid", and I know my current iteration of the Vault can't take that.

I'm mixed on raid perks.

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Friday, January 26, 2018, 09:17 (2300 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

I did not like the Raid perks in Destiny. It's a cool concept, that gets muddy in practice. I like the border approach they are taking for this. I'm still not a fan of Raid exclusive perks, as now I "need to hold on to this stuff for a raid", and I know my current iteration of the Vault can't take that.

I understand the feeling. But I'm at the point where I love my current setup. But It's neigh impossible to beat prestige baths and I might just acquire the armor set that allows me to beat it. Then it's back to my favorite set.

I'm mixed on raid perks.

by Kahzgul, Thursday, January 25, 2018, 15:33 (2301 days ago) @ cheapLEY

I agree with you, though I am glad to see the raid perks are being done in a way that keeps raid gear from being superior in pvp and required to be competitive. To quote Stranger Things: Half happy.

They should have gone the Aeon direction I think.

by Harmanimus @, Thursday, January 25, 2018, 15:48 (2301 days ago) @ cheapLEY

In the sense that they could have made it so they had a base benefit but also a niche benefit depending on the encounter.

IB Ornaments are the worst IB armor since Vanilla. D:

by Harmanimus @, Thursday, January 25, 2018, 15:32 (2301 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

- No text -

Unless it's a Hunter. (Face. MASK!!!!)

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Thursday, January 25, 2018, 15:34 (2301 days ago) @ Harmanimus

- No text -

Wolf Cheeks are a pass. Season 1 stuff is all better.

by Harmanimus @, Thursday, January 25, 2018, 15:42 (2301 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

- No text -

The Magic of Color!

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Thursday, January 25, 2018, 16:08 (2301 days ago) @ Harmanimus

[image]

Hard pass.

by Harmanimus @, Thursday, January 25, 2018, 16:14 (2301 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

- No text -

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Thursday, January 25, 2018, 16:58 (2301 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

Is this possible 15% damage reduction for masterwork armor applicable in PvP?

by squidnh3, Thursday, January 25, 2018, 17:14 (2301 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Is this possible 15% damage reduction for masterwork armor applicable in PvP?

It's only while using your super, when you are more vulnerable to energy weapons already.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread