Apertureing Destiny: Week 2 - Beautiful (Destiny)

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Monday, January 29, 2018, 12:01 (2291 days ago)

Welcome to Week 2 of Apertureing Destiny! Last week’s topic was a big success. A bunch of DBOers interpretated “Unexpected” in fun, unexpected ways.

This week’s topic is: Beautiful. Share a photo or video of something you found beautiful in Destiny 2.

Remember:

• Don’t worry too much about nailing a topic exactly. Go with your gut and give us something cool to see!
  • Want to just toss in something fitting with no context or explanation? That’s perfectly fine!
  • Want to describe your video or image, or link it up with a story of why you took it or what inspired it? That’d be awesome!
  • This is totally meant to be a DBO community driven event, so if you have a suggestion for a theme or topic toss it a reply and we’ll put it on a running list and get to it in short order.

The thing I found for Beautiful was this artistic depiction of the Traveler seen on various wall displays in the New Pacific Arcology on Titan. I like to imagine that if the Arcology’s systems were more intact, it would be animated showing the leaves slowly forming on the Traveler side and gently blowing right to left to wrap themselves around the planets of our solar system, changing them and giving them life.

[image]
(Click to Embiggen)

Apertureing Destiny: Week 2 - Beautiful

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Monday, January 29, 2018, 13:02 (2291 days ago) @ Ragashingo

I see a ton of beauty in Destiny. There is the cliche beauty that is artistically done, which is still amazing, but then there is also the beauty of just having fun in Destiny.

I would say that this piece is a little bit of both. Beauty of the characters and having fun with them in the foreground with beauty of the city and traveler in the background.

[image]

The beauty of the Selfie emote

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Monday, January 29, 2018, 13:36 (2291 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

I can definitely get behind this one

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Monday, January 29, 2018, 13:37 (2291 days ago) @ ZackDark

I can definitely get behind this one

Which is literally impossible to get behind my selfie emote when you are on PC :P

by bluerunner @, Music City, Monday, January 29, 2018, 14:22 (2291 days ago) @ ZackDark

[image]

[image]

[image]

1-upping with my friend's account

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Monday, January 29, 2018, 15:01 (2291 days ago) @ bluerunner

by Blackt1g3r @, Login is from an untrusted domain in MN, Thursday, February 01, 2018, 14:17 (2288 days ago) @ bluerunner

[image]

Cayde's all like "wouldn't you rather be out there getting more loot?"

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Monday, January 29, 2018, 14:05 (2291 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

I see a ton of beauty in Destiny. There is the cliche beauty that is artistically done, which is still amazing, but then there is also the beauty of just having fun in Destiny.

I would say that this piece is a little bit of both. Beauty of the characters and having fun with them in the foreground with beauty of the city and traveler in the background.

[image]

I very much like. It still bugs me that we so rarely get a good look at our characters' faces.

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Tuesday, January 30, 2018, 06:38 (2290 days ago) @ Kermit

[image]

I very much like. It still bugs me that we so rarely get a good look at our characters' faces.

Yeah, I really like the look of her face. Not just cause she is my kick ass Titan, but because it actually looks REALLY good graphically. I mean just look at the lighting on the curves of her face, the depth of her eyes or the ridges on her lips! Man, we have come a long way.

future theme suggestions

by Dame117 @, Missouri, Monday, January 29, 2018, 16:18 (2291 days ago) @ Ragashingo

Hi Raga,

Wanted to throw out some theme ideas :)

Haunted / "Spooky"
Hidden Treasures
Ethereal (celestial / heavenly) and/or Surreal (dreamlike, like a hallucination)
Romantic (valentines day is coming up)
Off-the-beaten-path
Shenanigans / Comical
Adrenaline Rush / Thrilling
Friendship
Botanical
Super Selfies
Your Guardian's favorite Getaway spot
Reflections
Diplomacy
some kind of DANCE theme
Movie or Book Titles (Taking a screenshot that reminds you of a movie title. May be complicated, but I feel we a lot of creative thinkers in this forum!)

seasonal themes: Winter Wonders, Spring is in the air, Colors of Fall / Autumn

Excellent. I’ve put a few down on my calendar already! :)

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Monday, January 29, 2018, 17:09 (2291 days ago) @ Dame117

- No text -

future theme suggestions

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Tuesday, January 30, 2018, 06:39 (2290 days ago) @ Dame117

Hi Raga,

Wanted to throw out some theme ideas :)

Haunted / "Spooky"
Hidden Treasures
Ethereal (celestial / heavenly) and/or Surreal (dreamlike, like a hallucination)
Romantic (valentines day is coming up)
Off-the-beaten-path
Shenanigans / Comical
Adrenaline Rush / Thrilling
Friendship
Botanical
Super Selfies
Your Guardian's favorite Getaway spot
Reflections
Diplomacy
some kind of DANCE theme
Movie or Book Titles (Taking a screenshot that reminds you of a movie title. May be complicated, but I feel we a lot of creative thinkers in this forum!)

seasonal themes: Winter Wonders, Spring is in the air, Colors of Fall / Autumn

These are all great :-)

It also makes me want to go out and take some pictures with friends to get just the right shot.

Sadly all arms are disappoint...

by Harmanimus @, Monday, January 29, 2018, 21:07 (2291 days ago) @ Ragashingo

... but Feet First Into Hell will always be my Hunter Goal.
[image]
I just want good Hunter arms.

Some Ol' Reposts of Mine | Enjoy! :D

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Monday, January 29, 2018, 22:15 (2290 days ago) @ Ragashingo

You may have seen these before, as I have posted them before.
That said, they are quite nice, me-thinks. So here they are... again.

||||||||||[image][image][image]

[image]

Nice.

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Monday, January 29, 2018, 22:43 (2290 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

Also, you can’t sit there on The Farm anymore because there is a Very Interesting Radio there now.

One of my favorite rooms

by breitzen @, Kansas, Tuesday, January 30, 2018, 06:49 (2290 days ago) @ Ragashingo

The lighting is just impeccable.

[image]

Does anyone recognize it?

One of my favorite rooms

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Tuesday, January 30, 2018, 06:50 (2290 days ago) @ breitzen

Looks like the "secret room" through the portal at the top of the Pyramidion?

Indeed!

by breitzen @, Kansas, Tuesday, January 30, 2018, 14:49 (2290 days ago) @ Ragashingo

- No text -

re: One of my favorite rooms

by Dame117 @, Missouri, Tuesday, January 30, 2018, 17:00 (2290 days ago) @ breitzen

I like that spot too :)

Although admittedly I was a bit disappointed there wasn't much more up there.

...yet :)

hoping there will be more to it at a later date.

Did we go through there during any story missions?? I dont think we did...

re: One of my favorite rooms

by breitzen @, Kansas, Tuesday, January 30, 2018, 17:03 (2290 days ago) @ Dame117

Maybe during an adventure? Yeah, there are lots of nooks and crannies in Destiny that could use...something.

Regional Chest

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Wednesday, January 31, 2018, 11:46 (2289 days ago) @ breitzen

I think the only reason to be up there is to get to one of the Regional Chests. Cool room, tho!

Beautiful

by Dame117 @, Missouri, Tuesday, January 30, 2018, 16:56 (2290 days ago) @ Ragashingo

Beautiful...

[image]

where is this?

by Robot Chickens, Tuesday, January 30, 2018, 17:18 (2290 days ago) @ Dame117

This is gorgeous

where is this?

by cheapLEY @, Tuesday, January 30, 2018, 17:20 (2290 days ago) @ Robot Chickens

Isn’t that the vision that leads you to the shard of the Traveler?

where is this?

by Dame117 @, Missouri, Tuesday, January 30, 2018, 17:52 (2290 days ago) @ Robot Chickens

Its a cinematic cutscene after Ghaul kicks you off the ledge.

Right after it ends you meet Hawthorne and then go travel to the Shard as Cheapley mentioned

:)

where is this?

by Robot Chickens, Tuesday, January 30, 2018, 18:22 (2290 days ago) @ Dame117

Oh that’s right. It’s been a while since I played that! Thanks!

where is this?

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Wednesday, January 31, 2018, 06:35 (2289 days ago) @ Robot Chickens

Oh that’s right. It’s been a while since I played that! Thanks!

My kingdom for a way to replay it without deleting a character.

where is this?

by Dame117 @, Missouri, Wednesday, January 31, 2018, 15:04 (2289 days ago) @ Kermit

I plan on starting a secondary hunter soon, maybe I will try to record that scene.

I dont have a DVR / capture card, so I can only capture what the Xbox allows me to. I think it will be sufficient enough

where is this?

by Robot Chickens, Thursday, February 01, 2018, 11:20 (2288 days ago) @ Dame117

I plan on starting a secondary hunter soon

Dame: dual wielding hunters for the win.

I should just bite the bullet and make 3 hunters- one for each subclass with their own armor etc. Then I could be badass like you.

where is this?

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Thursday, February 01, 2018, 11:36 (2288 days ago) @ Robot Chickens

I should just bite the bullet and make 3 hunters- one for each subclass with their own armor etc. Then I could be badass like you.

You aren't badass until you have a Titan. Nuff said.

Triple Hunter or Titan Sandwich

by Dame117 @, Missouri, Thursday, February 01, 2018, 12:56 (2288 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

Dame117

RobotChickens

MacAddictXIV

You aren't badass until you have a Titan. Nuff said.

Dame117 I would LOVE to make a hunter for each subclass too!

But, I am not willing to delete my Titan. Smashing things is pure awesome! My Titan got me a 4.0 K/D in a crucible match!!

so Titan Sandwich it is for me... Hunter, Titan, Hunter.

I don't play the Arc subclass much on my hunter anyhow because I have trouble controlling it directionally.

mmmm Titan sandwich

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Thursday, February 01, 2018, 13:24 (2288 days ago) @ Dame117
edited by MacAddictXIV, Thursday, February 01, 2018, 13:28

[image]

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Thursday, February 01, 2018, 14:27 (2288 days ago) @ Dame117

I'm not exactly trying to be contentious here, but... why? I mean, I'm really picky about headcanon stuff - I tend to run certain armor sets and even specific weapons with each subclass. But why use a whole different character slot for it?

by Robot Chickens, Thursday, February 01, 2018, 14:49 (2288 days ago) @ stabbim

I'm not exactly trying to be contentious here, but... why? I mean, I'm really picky about headcanon stuff - I tend to run certain armor sets and even specific weapons with each subclass. But why use a whole different character slot for it?

For me, I play each subclass very differently with different armors shaders guns etc. I don't like juggling them all around when I switch it up. Really, this isn't that big of a deal and it's mostly because I've really just fallen into a groove with my hunter in D2. In D1 I mained my hunter, but I gave plenty of attention to my other characters. In D2, I barely play my neglected alts. With three hunters, at least I could get weekly credit three times for playing the way I like.

That being said, I still like my warlock and titan. I just don't love them like I do my hunter.

TLDR: What's wrong with you? Hunters are the best!

by Dame117 @, Missouri, Thursday, February 01, 2018, 22:21 (2287 days ago) @ stabbim

It's a fair question.

Rather than juggling a bunch of items around (as RobotChickens mentioned), I would find it easier to just switch to a second Hunter that already has most or all of the pre-sets I want with a certain subclass (I would also like to have a loadout with weapons and armor perks set for PvP matches). My memory isnt great so even though switching characters takes a minute because it kicks you out briefly, it would still most likely be faster for me that trying to remember all the things I want to switch out for each gear slot.

I know some DBO members don't hang on to much gear except maybe 2 sets of armor and only a handful of weapons. I think that's great. But there are many of us who like holding on to a lot of gear.. wether its curiosity about different weapons, or vanity regarding armor and shaders that we find aesthetically pleasing on our Guardians. People enjoy the game in different ways.

Having two or more of Guardians of the same class is nothing I would be in any way upset not to have the option to do. One Hunter slot is fine, but if I have an extra character slot available I am happy to use it for an additional hunter.

It also would allow for more chances to get Hunter loot drops in certain activities / events that may have a daily or weekly reward limit imposed on them. I wish I had had a second Hunter while the Dawning was going on, I really like the armor that Tess had for it and would have liked to have more of it drop.

Another big factor is that I also happen to have enough free time at the moment that it isn't an inconvenience to level up another alt. So I think it would be fun to do. :)

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Monday, February 05, 2018, 07:01 (2284 days ago) @ Dame117

It's a fair question.

Rather than juggling a bunch of items around (as RobotChickens mentioned), I would find it easier to just switch to a second Hunter that already has most or all of the pre-sets I want with a certain subclass (I would also like to have a loadout with weapons and armor perks set for PvP matches). My memory isnt great so even though switching characters takes a minute because it kicks you out briefly, it would still most likely be faster for me that trying to remember all the things I want to switch out for each gear slot.

I know some DBO members don't hang on to much gear except maybe 2 sets of armor and only a handful of weapons. I think that's great. But there are many of us who like holding on to a lot of gear.. wether its curiosity about different weapons, or vanity regarding armor and shaders that we find aesthetically pleasing on our Guardians. People enjoy the game in different ways.

Having two or more of Guardians of the same class is nothing I would be in any way upset not to have the option to do. One Hunter slot is fine, but if I have an extra character slot available I am happy to use it for an additional hunter.

It also would allow for more chances to get Hunter loot drops in certain activities / events that may have a daily or weekly reward limit imposed on them. I wish I had had a second Hunter while the Dawning was going on, I really like the armor that Tess had for it and would have liked to have more of it drop.

Another big factor is that I also happen to have enough free time at the moment that it isn't an inconvenience to level up another alt. So I think it would be fun to do. :)

If I had a fourth slot I would totally start a second Titan for the same reason.

+1

by Oholiab @, Wednesday, January 31, 2018, 22:11 (2289 days ago) @ Kermit

- No text -

A couple more

by Dame117 @, Missouri, Tuesday, January 30, 2018, 22:14 (2289 days ago) @ Ragashingo

re: "Beautiful"

Inside the cathedral in the EDZ

[image]

and this area on Mercury is so beautiful and serene looking that every time I arrive here I forget I am playing a game with tons of enemies that need killin'! Instead I just want to sit under one of the trees and read a book, or lay in the grass and look up at the sky and watch clouds pass by

[image]

Raga, I smiled at the screencap you posted this week. I too have stopped to admire that spot. Here is a screencap I took a few months back:

[image]

A couple more

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Wednesday, January 31, 2018, 06:37 (2289 days ago) @ Dame117

Great shots all! You have a good eye.

A couple more

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Wednesday, January 31, 2018, 06:47 (2289 days ago) @ Kermit

Great shots all! You have a good eye.

You can say that again! You have these wonderfully lighted shots like a great photography and all I did was post a selfie :D

I loved yours too!

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Wednesday, January 31, 2018, 07:06 (2289 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

- No text -

by Dame117 @, Missouri, Wednesday, January 31, 2018, 15:02 (2289 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

Thank you for the compliments guys

and Mac, you should maybe post some screencaps of your Titan to go along with the Titan poem / haiku you wrote! That poem was awesome, I am glad someone gave you a push to write one when you doubted your ability to.

Hold that thought. :)

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Wednesday, January 31, 2018, 16:54 (2289 days ago) @ Dame117

- No text -

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Thursday, February 01, 2018, 06:12 (2288 days ago) @ Dame117

Thank you for the compliments guys

and Mac, you should maybe post some screencaps of your Titan to go along with the Titan poem / haiku you wrote! That poem was awesome, I am glad someone gave you a push to write one when you doubted your ability to.

That is actually a great idea! It would at least give imagery to the poem.

Any of you got a shot from inside the Spire?

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Wednesday, January 31, 2018, 03:22 (2289 days ago) @ Ragashingo

I've only been there once, but I remember being amazed at the place

My Super Late Submission (The Tower)

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Thursday, February 08, 2018, 12:28 (2281 days ago) @ Ragashingo

I was wandering around the Tower at night and decided to take some video and stills because it's beautiful, and this is the result. Put on your headphones and make it big (it's 4K):

I thought I had recorded video of the New Monarchy area, but apparently I didn't. Or I tried and did something wrong. It was super late, so I probably hit the "Screenshot" button by accident. Derp.

nice :)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Thursday, February 08, 2018, 13:38 (2281 days ago) @ Beorn

- No text -

My Super Late Submission (The Tower)

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Thursday, February 08, 2018, 13:48 (2281 days ago) @ Beorn

I was wandering around the Tower at night and decided to take some video and stills because it's beautiful, and this is the result. Put on your headphones and make it big (it's 4K):

I thought I had recorded video of the New Monarchy area, but apparently I didn't. Or I tried and did something wrong. It was super late, so I probably hit the "Screenshot" button by accident. Derp.

That's great, Beorn. Nice music selection.

very cool!

by Claude Errera @, Thursday, February 08, 2018, 14:48 (2281 days ago) @ Beorn

- No text -

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread