THAB 03/15/18 (Destiny)

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Thursday, March 15, 2018, 15:12 (2256 days ago)

Loved the clutch play!

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Thursday, March 15, 2018, 15:46 (2256 days ago) @ CyberKN

- No text -

Same

by Claude Errera @, Thursday, March 15, 2018, 16:05 (2256 days ago) @ Kermit

- No text -

That was great :)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Thursday, March 15, 2018, 16:18 (2256 days ago) @ Claude Errera

- No text -

So much for Arc supers being useless in boss damage phases

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Thursday, March 15, 2018, 16:35 (2256 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

- No text -

"It should build upon player interest in Lost Sectors..."

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Thursday, March 15, 2018, 19:08 (2256 days ago) @ CyberKN

• Pledging to a faction should be a meaningful choice.
  • Rewards should not be time-gated.
  • Faction Rallies should provide a unique gameplay experience and not simply be a reward layer on top of the existing game.
  • The event should grant additional insight into faction lore and goals.
  • It should build upon player interest in Lost Sectors and armor ornament objectives

Words of interest in bold.

"It" being Season 3 Faction Rallies improvements.

Hmmmmmmmm. f(ಠ‿↼)z

by Durandal, Friday, March 16, 2018, 06:47 (2256 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

• Faction Rallies should provide a unique gameplay experience and not simply be a reward layer on top of the existing game.
  • It should build upon player interest in Lost Sectors and armor ornament objectives

Hmmmmmmmm. f(ಠ‿↼)z

Indeed. This interests me far more then another loss for my poor misunderstood FWC.

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Friday, March 16, 2018, 08:10 (2256 days ago) @ Durandal

Hmmmmmmmm. f(ಠ‿↼)z

Indeed. This interests me far more then another loss for my poor misunderstood FWC.

I don't really understand... what interest? Is there something mysterious or interesting or fascinating about Lost Sectors that I've missed? Aren't they just caves filled with bad guys and a mini boss?

by cheapLEY @, Friday, March 16, 2018, 08:38 (2256 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

The only interest in Lost Sectors I’m aware of is that they’re the fastest way to farm tokens for the rally.

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Friday, March 16, 2018, 08:59 (2256 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

People liked hunting them down and there was always a wish that there was more to them. Maybe now there will be.

Plus, there are some pretty interesting bits of unique geometry and bits of visual storytelling. One of my favorite Lost Sectors is Pathfinder Crash in the EDZ where a Jumpship has crashed down into a deep cavern and the Fallen have obviously built up their little underground base to salvage it.

Really Confusing!

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Saturday, March 17, 2018, 07:38 (2255 days ago) @ ZackDark

Someone's going to have to explain that part to me, since it makes absolutely no sense to me and I never made it that far(three raid groups, three Destiny websites, not a single damage phase) in the boss fight.

1. So apparently, does Calus seem to have a cop-out 'fuck you' attack where he doesn't do anything, but everyone standing on the only damage plate dies? Is there a time limit or some debuff that he has, is there an actual action that missed the animation, or can that be filed under Classic Bungie?

2( or 1-a, if you prefer). The person recording this, did they know there was a 'whateva' attack coming, or were they just extremely lucky in their timing?

3. Networking, yeah. But did they both just have infinite health? Calus took six full seconds of amped(at least I've been told that Force of Will is amped) damage from an entire fireteam of six people simultaneously. We're not talking like Gjallarhorning Omnigul or Aksor and hoping the tracking bits finish them off so you don't have to reload—this is constant weapons fire of virtually all varieties, from six people, not three. After the instant death, the player attracted fire from the right, and got hit a couple times. Then after activating Stormtrance, his screen showed him continually receiving damage, but without losing a single centimeter of health during the entire Super. What happened with that specifically?

With all that being said, the clip was indeed impressive! There have been a few times where DBO has pulled off hair-width saves like that, so it's a pretty cool feeling.

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Saturday, March 17, 2018, 08:00 (2255 days ago) @ Ragashingo

People liked hunting them down and there was always a wish that there was more to them. Maybe now there will be.

Plus, there are some pretty interesting bits of unique geometry and bits of visual storytelling. One of my favorite Lost Sectors is Pathfinder Crash in the EDZ where a Jumpship has crashed down into a deep cavern and the Fallen have obviously built up their little underground base to salvage it.

Something along the lines of some narrative to go along with each Lost Sector would be awesome, but I’d be surprised if we see that happen at this point. Not in any meaningful way, at least. Maybe we’ll get a tiny bit of flavour text or something like that?

Really Confusing! *Calus SP*

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Saturday, March 17, 2018, 09:37 (2255 days ago) @ Morpheus

1. So apparently, does Calus seem to have a cop-out 'fuck you' attack where he doesn't do anything, but everyone standing on the only damage plate dies? Is there a time limit or some debuff that he has, is there an actual action that missed the animation, or can that be filed under Classic Bungie?

Yes. He aimed his grenade launcher and shot a one-hit-kill AoE explosion.

2( or 1-a, if you prefer). The person recording this, did they know there was a 'whateva' attack coming, or were they just extremely lucky in their timing?

It always happens after a set amount of time and the animation was definitely there. See the laser sight, jump the crap out. Dunno why no one else jumped out, must've been too caught up in shooting to notice the animation. It happens sometimes.

3. Networking, yeah. But did they both just have infinite health? Calus took six full seconds of amped(at least I've been told that Force of Will is amped) damage from an entire fireteam of six people simultaneously. We're not talking like Gjallarhorning Omnigul or Aksor and hoping the tracking bits finish them off so you don't have to reload—this is constant weapons fire of virtually all varieties, from six people, not three. After the instant death, the player attracted fire from the right, and got hit a couple times. Then after activating Stormtrance, his screen showed him continually receiving damage, but without losing a single centimeter of health during the entire Super. What happened with that specifically?

When you deplete his entire health, he enters Genki Dama mode where he now has a very thin shield indicator that you have to take down before he Genki Dama's the crap out of your fireteam for a guaranteed wipe. Kind of like Aksis. First time I got Calus, I thought he had glitched out, because I couldn't see the shield from where I was in relation to my TV. Once I switched back to the PC's actual monitor, it became much more apparent.

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Saturday, March 17, 2018, 15:15 (2254 days ago) @ ZackDark

Looking at the video again, it was very difficult to see under all that fire, but you're right--he does load up a big gun thing, and poses with it. Good to know for the real thing, thanks!

I'm not a fan of the whole Genki Drama thing(love the name you gave it, by the way lol) considering it went straight from the damage phase. That means there's not even any time to reload. That's pretty unfair, even by raid standards.

Then again, in D2 if someone dies, they take the whole team with them.

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Saturday, March 17, 2018, 22:13 (2254 days ago) @ Morpheus

I'm not a fan of the whole Genki Drama thing(love the name you gave it, by the way lol) considering it went straight from the damage phase. That means there's not even any time to reload. That's pretty unfair, even by raid standards.

To be fair, we've had that ever since Oryx, just with slightly different timings. The Genki Dama build-up is pretty damn generous if your team has enough DPS to get there within 2 damage phases.

Also, Rally Barricades are you friend. Unless the 'stand up when aiming' doesn't work when you're using your rockets. Then it's your enemy. Worse than Calus, even.

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Sunday, March 18, 2018, 07:21 (2254 days ago) @ ZackDark

Agreed, it is VERY generous. I believe we've found 2 rockets plus a little primary fire bring it down.

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Monday, March 19, 2018, 11:34 (2252 days ago) @ ZackDark
edited by Morpheus, Monday, March 19, 2018, 11:40

Yeah, but with Oryx there's a good what, 10-15 seconds between the lights detonating and his final Dragonheart? Plenty of time to reload all three weapons. If your processing system is fast enough, you could even risk a synth! Aksis has less time(I'd say about 3-5 seconds), but there's still a definitive "Okay, last damage phase" moment that everyone can communicate. And in that particular scenario, most people should be using either Shoulder Mounted Cannons or Swords/Cluster Bomb Rockets; two of those don't even reload, so you're good to go. With Calus, he's straight-up immune for 5-7 seconds while he points his grenade launcher thing, and then he immediately starts up.

You're right about this kinda thing being in raids before, but in the others it was more considerate, more fair.

POST EDIT: In fact, now that I think about it, there was one time in Oryx where the Aura of Immortality killed three of our raiders(including myself, the holder of said aura) in staggered steps, and the three remaining guys still had enough time to get completely ready. Granted, they were all using Bad Touch, but the point is for being the greediest most evil unfeeling vengeful S.O.B. in the entire galaxy, Oryx is very nice to us—even nicer than Bungie. ;-D

by Claude Errera @, Monday, March 19, 2018, 11:39 (2252 days ago) @ Morpheus

Yeah, but with Oryx there's a good what, 10-15 seconds between the lights detonating and his final Dragonheart? Plenty of time to reload all three weapons. If your processing system is fast enough, you could even risk a synth! Aksis has less time(I'd say about 3-5 seconds), but there's still a definitive "Okay, last damage phase" moment that everyone can communicate. And in that particular scenario, most people should be using either Shoulder Mounted Cannons or Swords/Cluster Bomb Rockets; two of those don't even reload, so you're good to go. With Calus, he's straight-up immune for 5-7 seconds while he points his grenade launcher thing, and then he immediately starts up.

You're right about this kinda thing being in raids before, but in the others it was more considerate, more fair.

I think maybe you're misinterpreting this video.

Calus' last stand is almost exactly like Aksis' last stand - you save ammo knowing it's coming, you empty it on him once the ramp-up starts. The ONLY reason this video was impressive was because 5 of the 6 teammembers died before it started - but that's 100% on them. Every damage phase has 4 of these moments (each time, you're required to jump off the platform you're doing damage from and head to the next one), and there are usually 2-3 damage phases before you kill him - so the team has (successfully) faced that 'get off the platform or die' moment a dozen times before this video starts. It's not an unknown, it's not a surprise - it's just part of the fight.

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Monday, March 19, 2018, 12:06 (2252 days ago) @ Claude Errera

Calus' last stand is almost exactly like Aksis' last stand - you save ammo knowing it's coming, you empty it on him once the ramp-up starts. The ONLY reason this video was impressive was because 5 of the 6 teammembers died before it started - but that's 100% on them. Every damage phase has 4 of these moments (each time, you're required to jump off the platform you're doing damage from and head to the next one), and there are usually 2-3 damage phases before you kill him - so the team has (successfully) faced that 'get off the platform or die' moment a dozen times before this video starts. It's not an unknown, it's not a surprise - it's just part of the fight.

It's also kinda hard to screw it up. Everyone could take their time reloading their rocket launcher, wait 5 seconds and then shoot their rocket and you would still be fine. The only reason this video is awesome is because they horribly screwed it up and yet that one guy managed to save a sinking ship.

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Monday, March 19, 2018, 12:41 (2252 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

It's also kinda hard to screw it up. Everyone could take their time reloading their rocket launcher, wait 5 seconds and then shoot their rocket and you would still be fine. The only reason this video is awesome is because they horribly screwed it up and yet that one guy managed to save a sinking ship.

I had a video saved for a while that was basically just like that, without the heroics at the end, lol. We were on the platform doing damage, Calus charged his attack, I yelled "JUMP", and I jumped... but nobody else did in time. I turned around to find 5 Ghosts hovering on the platform behind me XD

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Monday, March 19, 2018, 12:48 (2252 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

I had a video saved for a while that was basically just like that, without the heroics at the end, lol. We were on the platform doing damage, Calus charged his attack, I yelled "JUMP", and I jumped... but nobody else did in time. I turned around to find 5 Ghosts hovering on the platform behind me XD

I can just imagine you looking back and yelling "really guys!?" throwing your gun down and walking out of the throne room muttering under your breath.

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Monday, March 19, 2018, 13:13 (2252 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

I can just imagine you looking back and yelling "really guys!?" throwing your gun down and walking out of the throne room muttering under your breath.

We should ask Slycrel and Peaksutah, but I’m pretty sure I burst out laughing.

ps
See how I subtly threw them under the bus, there? Lol

Really Confusing! *Calus SP* +1

by dogcow @, Hiding from Bob, in the vent core., Tuesday, March 20, 2018, 07:20 (2252 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

- No text -

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread