Hey, y'all. (Destiny)

by Claude Errera @, Tuesday, June 05, 2018, 15:44 (2152 days ago)

So I want to apologize; the last time I was here (some time in late April), I said "I'll be back after Warmind drops." I really thought it would be the week Warmind dropped; I was just stepping away to avoid fighting with people about what we didn't know yet.

Turned out, though, that being gone was good for me. I was rather shocked, in fact, at how much better I felt every day - I hadn't realized how stressful it had become discussing what is supposed to be a fun diversion with people here. :(

(That's on me, by the way - it's nobody's job but mine to keep discussions from making me tense.)

So I didn't come back. I've been playing a lot - heck, I've played with a lot of YOU guys in the past few weeks. I've even had discussions about Destiny during those play sessions... but I found that it's easier to not get wound up when you're TALKING to someone than it is when you're WRITING to them. (This is odd, for me; I've always made the argument that emails/forums are BETTER for keeping things calm than face-to-face arguments, because you have time to think about what you're going to say. I'm finding, though, that the lack of other cues - tone, volume, etc - overwhelms the plus of extra time.)

It's time, though. I watched the reveal stream this morning, and I'm pretty excited by what I saw. I miss talking about that kind of stuff, and seeing what others think. I miss the FTB events. (Signed up for one today, in fact!) I miss sharing fun occurrences in the Crucible. I want to re-engage.

So I'm back. :)

(Still not ready to go back to Facebook, though.)

<3

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Tuesday, June 05, 2018, 16:08 (2152 days ago) @ Claude Errera

- No text -

Hey, y'all.

by cheapLEY @, Tuesday, June 05, 2018, 16:43 (2151 days ago) @ Claude Errera

Glad you’re back!

I’m glad I finally got to play with you over the past few weeks, too. Those raids were fun!

quack quack

by petetheduck, Tuesday, June 05, 2018, 19:19 (2151 days ago) @ Claude Errera

- No text -

Join Discord

by Schooly D, TSD Gaming Condo, TX, Tuesday, June 05, 2018, 19:46 (2151 days ago) @ Claude Errera

Seriously, join the Bungie.org Unified (BORGU) Discord server: https://discord.gg/4GcdrMY

You'll be able to stay in touch with the important people in this community while also avoiding incessantly negative discussion about Destiny, because no one on the server discusses Destiny at all. And political discussion is kept to the secret members-only #tsd channel (with the occasional strategic leak into #borgu when I think the conversation has grown too stale).

As an example of what kind of bliss you're in for, I think the only mention of the new D2 expansion was ZackDark posting a link to the teaser. We all had more important things to discuss, like Lionheart's on-again-off-again relationship with the gym, Tex's on-again-on-again relationship with alcohol, and the crime-stopping power of canned beans.

[image]

Welcome back

by General Vagueness @, The Vault of Sass, Tuesday, June 05, 2018, 20:01 (2151 days ago) @ Schooly D

You'll be able to stay in touch with the important people in this community while also avoiding incessantly negative discussion about Destiny, because no one on the server discusses Destiny at all. And political discussion is kept to the secret members-only #tsd channel (with the occasional strategic leak into #borgu when I think the conversation has grown too stale).

nope, no incessantly negative discussion about Destiny, just about Halo and social media
also what's with the squirrel?

Welcome back

by Schedonnardus, Texas, Wednesday, June 06, 2018, 11:27 (2151 days ago) @ General Vagueness

nope, no incessantly negative discussion about Destiny, just about Halo and social media

it's the mascot of the biggest, baddest gas station, deep in the heart of the biggest*, baddest state. Known for their clean restroom, paying $15/hr, beaver nuggets (think Kix covered in caramel) and no truckers allowed.

https://www.buc-ees.com/index.php

[image]

[image]

[image]

*in the lower 48

Jaysus.

by Claude Errera @, Wednesday, June 06, 2018, 11:34 (2151 days ago) @ Schedonnardus

it's the mascot of the biggest, baddest gas station, deep in the heart of the biggest*, baddest state. Known for their clean restroom, paying $15/hr, beaver nuggets (think Kix covered in caramel) and no truckers allowed.

https://www.buc-ees.com/index.php

[image]

[image]

[image]

*in the lower 48

This is like Wall Drug! I mean... there's no real reason to go there, unless you want to say you went there. :)

Join Discord

by Claude Errera @, Tuesday, June 05, 2018, 21:40 (2151 days ago) @ Schooly D

I've discussed this with some people here before, but I'm basically not strong enough to join a Discord server. I learned this back in the days of IRC; when there is a chat window open on my computer, I don't get anything else done. I understand myself well enough to know this is not fixable, so staying off chat servers is the easy solution.

Join Discord

by Joe Duplessie (SNIPE 316) ⌂ @, Detroit, Tuesday, June 05, 2018, 22:09 (2151 days ago) @ Claude Errera

I've discussed this with some people here before, but I'm basically not strong enough to join a Discord server. I learned this back in the days of IRC; when there is a chat window open on my computer, I don't get anything else done. I understand myself well enough to know this is not fixable, so staying off chat servers is the easy solution.

Don't worry, you're not missing anything. :^)

Hey, y'all.

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Tuesday, June 05, 2018, 23:38 (2151 days ago) @ Claude Errera

I miss sharing fun occurrences in the Crucible.

Take your fusion rifle you got today, wreck in the crucible, then post a video to my fusion rifle thread.

Heh.

by Claude Errera @, Wednesday, June 06, 2018, 04:14 (2151 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I miss sharing fun occurrences in the Crucible.

Take your fusion rifle you got today, wreck in the crucible, then post a video to my fusion rifle thread.

That would require me actually being able to wreck with a fusion rifle. :)

I'm more of a punchy guy, right now. At least, that's what I told this Golden Gun.

It's also what I told this Voidwalker.

I suppose I could try cracking that fusion rifle over people's heads...

Sounds like somebody needs to rock Worm God's Caress...

by Malagate @, Sea of Tranquility, Wednesday, June 06, 2018, 05:38 (2151 days ago) @ Claude Errera

- No text -

I found that shoulder charge doesn't always work

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Thursday, June 07, 2018, 09:15 (2150 days ago) @ Claude Errera

Quite literally in my case.

<3

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Wednesday, June 06, 2018, 07:17 (2151 days ago) @ Claude Errera

So I want to apologize; the last time I was here (some time in late April), I said "I'll be back after Warmind drops." I really thought it would be the week Warmind dropped; I was just stepping away to avoid fighting with people about what we didn't know yet.

Turned out, though, that being gone was good for me. I was rather shocked, in fact, at how much better I felt every day - I hadn't realized how stressful it had become discussing what is supposed to be a fun diversion with people here. :(

(That's on me, by the way - it's nobody's job but mine to keep discussions from making me tense.)

So I didn't come back. I've been playing a lot - heck, I've played with a lot of YOU guys in the past few weeks. I've even had discussions about Destiny during those play sessions... but I found that it's easier to not get wound up when you're TALKING to someone than it is when you're WRITING to them. (This is odd, for me; I've always made the argument that emails/forums are BETTER for keeping things calm than face-to-face arguments, because you have time to think about what you're going to say. I'm finding, though, that the lack of other cues - tone, volume, etc - overwhelms the plus of extra time.)

It's time, though. I watched the reveal stream this morning, and I'm pretty excited by what I saw. I miss talking about that kind of stuff, and seeing what others think. I miss the FTB events. (Signed up for one today, in fact!) I miss sharing fun occurrences in the Crucible. I want to re-engage.

I need to start inviting you whenever I see you get on. I always think "oh he must be on because he's doing {x} with {y}, I shouldn't bother them", but I know that's just an excuse to be anti-social on my part.

Hey, y'all.

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Wednesday, June 06, 2018, 08:56 (2151 days ago) @ Claude Errera

Facebook is my discord. I need to quit again.

You must've signed up for a secret event. My Saturday one has an open slot right now. [hint hint].

P.S. Welcome back.

Hey, y'all.

by Claude Errera @, Wednesday, June 06, 2018, 10:17 (2151 days ago) @ Kermit

Facebook is my discord. I need to quit again.

lol - you sound like my sister, back when she was trying to get away from cigarettes. :)

You must've signed up for a secret event. My Saturday one has an open slot right now. [hint hint].

Nah, it was public - it was Cody's blind raid on PS4.

I MIGHT be free on Saturday - but as of right now, we have tentative plans, so I don't think I can put myself down. :(

If you're still short on the day, and our plans haven't become what they might, I'd be happy to join!

P.S. Welcome back.

Thanks. :)

New number who dis?

by ManKitten, The Stugotz is strong in me., Wednesday, June 06, 2018, 09:13 (2151 days ago) @ Claude Errera

- No text -

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread