Zombie Fallen? (Destiny)

by Claude Errera @, Friday, June 15, 2018, 09:22 (2142 days ago)

Heavy.com has an interview with Chris Barrett and Scott Taylor - and they're talking about a new Fallen faction called the Scorn.

https://heavy.com/games/2018/06/destiny-2-forsaken-interview-uldren-the-scorn-post-game-content/

They have been resurrected. Think of them as Fallen zombies, Fallen undead – that kind of thing. So they’re going to be pretty terrifying. They have a lot of new abilities and gameplay that we haven’t seen from the Fallen.

When discussing the new abilities these will bring to Destiny combat, Barrrett said this:

One of the characters I’m most excited about is The Ravager. That is a character that pulls a chained censer or mace that’s filled with magical flame. As the character is running at you they are spinning this censer that is on fire.

One of the cool things is that’s actually the weak spot for killing that character. So if you get a precision shot and shoot the flaming censer it will explode in a big ball of fire and ignite the other characters around. It’s pretty terrifying the first time you experience a bunch of those guys charging at you down a hallway. That’s just one little glimpse. All of the characters in the Scorn are all new and have new abilities and new weapons.

I'm curious; that doesn't seem very zombie-like (in the sense that any character could be carrying a shootable flame object), but on the other hand, we already have the Hive, how many more zombie-like things do we need?

Anyway, it seemed interesting. :)

Zombie Fallen?

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Friday, June 15, 2018, 09:29 (2142 days ago) @ Claude Errera

I'm curious; that doesn't seem very zombie-like (in the sense that any character could be carrying a shootable flame object), but on the other hand, we already have the Hive, how many more zombie-like things do we need?

We need more things that fly. Shanks really just hover mostly.

Zombie Fallen?

by ManKitten, The Stugotz is strong in me., Friday, June 15, 2018, 09:40 (2142 days ago) @ Claude Errera

Concerning these characters that we've seen in footage so far, it looks like they only have two arms. Did they never have the extra two arms? Were two of the arms lopped off? Did they rot off because they are zombies? I'm totally going off memory here, but some of them even looked like they had lil nubbins where the bottom arms were at one time.

Zombie Fallen?

by Harmanimus @, Friday, June 15, 2018, 10:19 (2142 days ago) @ ManKitten

Docked arms are standard Fallen stuff. So I imagine that if they are reanimated Fallen most of them would be from the lower tiers before they earn their second set of arms back.

Zombie Fallen?

by ManKitten, The Stugotz is strong in me., Friday, June 15, 2018, 10:39 (2142 days ago) @ Harmanimus

Docked arms are standard Fallen stuff. So I imagine that if they are reanimated Fallen most of them would be from the lower tiers before they earn their second set of arms back.

So you're telling me that Fallen are born with 4 arms, then have two removed and they have to earn them back?

Yes.

by Harmanimus @, Friday, June 15, 2018, 11:19 (2142 days ago) @ ManKitten

- No text -

Yes.

by ManKitten, The Stugotz is strong in me., Friday, June 15, 2018, 11:58 (2141 days ago) @ Harmanimus

No wonder the traveler left them. Bunch of crazies.

Yes.

by Harmanimus @, Friday, June 15, 2018, 13:02 (2141 days ago) @ ManKitten

That’s curious actually. I never considered when that started. I would assume after the Traveler left, though. Most of the heirarchy of the Eliksni seems to be post Whirlwind. I am not the best to speak on that offhand though. But I assumed the docking was in part to ensure Restricted Ether distribution.

Destiny lore is cool

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Friday, June 15, 2018, 13:42 (2141 days ago) @ ManKitten

So you're telling me that Fallen are born with 4 arms, then have two removed and they have to earn them back?

It's not so much they "earn them back" as they earn the right to have their docking caps removed. They actually grow back on their own and the docking caps prevent them from growing. In D2 there actually was some shake-up in Fallen society because the docking caps on ALL dregs seem to have been removed and you can actually see a second set of arms starting to grow back on Dregs.

Destiny lore is cool

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Saturday, June 16, 2018, 15:52 (2140 days ago) @ Xenos

It's not so much they "earn them back" as they earn the right to have their docking caps removed. They actually grow back on their own and the docking caps prevent them from growing. In D2 there actually was some shake-up in Fallen society because the docking caps on ALL dregs seem to have been removed and you can actually see a second set of arms starting to grow back on Dregs.

I think it's because all of the Fallen houses are uniting in desperation, as the EDZ scannables show, so they'd probably want their members all at their best... Or something.
The rise of Skolas and the subsequent appearance of the Taken has to have shaken them up quite a bit...

Now we just need our boy Variks to take command. Maybe with Forsaken?

"House Winter, attack. House Devils, plot. House Kings, plan. House Wolves, circle. House Judgement...wait. "

Zombie Fallen?

by narcogen ⌂ @, Andover, Massachusetts, Friday, June 15, 2018, 10:14 (2142 days ago) @ Claude Errera

Dunno about Zombie Fallen but I did find some Zombie Hive the other day.

Zombie Fallen?

by Harmanimus @, Friday, June 15, 2018, 10:23 (2142 days ago) @ Claude Errera

I believe in the Lore it is identified that the Awoken of the Reef possess a power that is inherently non-causal, but not of The Light or of The Darkness. Given the fact that Hive seem to be animated bodies fueled by Darkness (as I don't imagine that the short life spans they originated with likely changed so much as they were simply not allowed to really die) and Guardians are Lawfully aligned Space Liches, so we're also technically undead.

I don't know where I'm going with that, but "zombie" and "resurrected" can lead to some very different experiences.

Awoken powers

by Durandal, Monday, June 18, 2018, 05:40 (2139 days ago) @ Harmanimus

The awoken are filled with both light and dark, and as such all have minor magical powers. Petra and telekentically levitate knives, for example.

The Techunin take this a step further and have been developing technological augments that look like gems, but that enhance and control their powers further. This is how they were able to strip Darkness from the Taken and create the various TTK wargear.

If you imagine them as Haggar's witches from the Netflix Voltron reboot, you wouldn't be far off.

Awoken powers

by dogcow @, Hiding from Bob, in the vent core., Monday, June 18, 2018, 07:58 (2139 days ago) @ Durandal

The awoken are filled with both light and dark, and as such all have minor magical powers. Petra and telekentically levitate knives, for example.

The Techunin take this a step further and have been developing technological augments that look like gems, but that enhance and control their powers further. This is how they were able to strip Darkness from the Taken and create the various TTK wargear.

If you imagine them as Haggar's witches from the Netflix Voltron reboot, you wouldn't be far off.

Weren't Haggar's witches in the original? Maybe not, but I certainly do remember Haggar the witch with her cat.

Zombie vs Zombie vs Zombie Vs Robot Vs Robot?

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Friday, June 15, 2018, 13:01 (2141 days ago) @ Claude Errera

That is the question. Does death even have meaning in the Destiny universe?

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread