Uncharted (starring Nathan Fillion) (Off-Topic)

by breitzen @, Kansas, Monday, July 16, 2018, 09:43 (2104 days ago)

A live action "fan film" starring Nathan Fillion as Nathan Drake.

Uncharted (starring Nathan Fillion)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Monday, July 16, 2018, 10:28 (2104 days ago) @ breitzen
edited by Cody Miller, Monday, July 16, 2018, 10:50

A live action "fan film" starring Nathan Fillion as Nathan Drake.

This reminds me a lot of the Power Rangers and Deadpool videos released to test the waters.

As neat as this was (there were actually some great moments), I just don’t think it’s a film that needs to be made. Going back to the the thread Inposted a while ago, I just don’t think an adaptation of Uncharted would really add much.

And no disrespect to Nathan Fillian, but I think someone younger and more fit would be able to pull this off better, given that there would be a lot of physical action in any such film. I think Hollywood is stepping up its game a bit with action films finally, and after John Wick and Mission Impossible you can notice all the cheats in other films now. But, he was somewhat better than I expected him to be, so perhaps with a budget and a training regiment he might be able to do something. Who knows!

Uh, if I care deeply about you does that mean you’ll go away?

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Monday, July 16, 2018, 10:58 (2104 days ago) @ Cody Miller

This reminds me a lot of the Power Rangers and Deadpool videos released to test the waters.

As neat as this was (there were actually some great moments), I just don’t think it’s a film that needs to be made. Going back to the the thread Inposted a while ago, I just don’t think an adaptation of Uncharted would really add much.

And no disrespect to Nathan Fillian, but I think someone younger and more fit would be able to pull this off better, given that there would be a lot of physical action in any such film. I think Hollywood is stepping up its game a bit with action films finally, and after John Wick and Mission Impossible you can notice all the cheats in other films now. But, he was somewhat better than I expected him to be, so perhaps with a budget and a training regiment he might be able to do something. Who knows!

Uh, if I care deeply about you does that mean you’ll go away?

As someone who has never played Uncharted, I probably would go see the movie. I would just hope, for the uncharted fans sake, that they don't do something like they did for newest Tomb Raider: Create a movie that is based on the same story as one of the games. I loved that I noticed parts of the game in the movie, but it wasn't anything new and it felt REALLY short compared to everything I did in the game. Now, I don't know if the Nathan Character is anything like Lara in that Lara has obviously done many other adventures other than what the current games have depicted, if he has, then I hope that a movie might be about one of those while still hinting back at things that happened in the game.

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Monday, July 16, 2018, 11:18 (2104 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

As someone who has never played Uncharted, I probably would go see the movie. I would just hope, for the uncharted fans sake, that they don't do something like they did for newest Tomb Raider: Create a movie that is based on the same story as one of the games. I loved that I noticed parts of the game in the movie, but it wasn't anything new and it felt REALLY short compared to everything I did in the game. Now, I don't know if the Nathan Character is anything like Lara in that Lara has obviously done many other adventures other than what the current games have depicted, if he has, then I hope that a movie might be about one of those while still hinting back at things that happened in the game.

It's implied Nathan Drake has had a slew of smaller adventures before and in between the games. We play the 'greatest hits'. That is the initial plan as far as I know… they were looking at Tom Holland to play a young Nathan Drake. That doesn't 'mean' anything, but it gives you an idea of where the story was initially going.

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Monday, July 16, 2018, 11:25 (2104 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

I don't know if the Nathan Character is anything like Lara in that Lara has obviously done many other adventures other than what the current games have depicted, if he has, then I hope that a movie might be about one of those while still hinting back at things that happened in the game.

The neat thing about Uncharted games is that the series shows that Nathan (and his brother) have been doing their world-traveling adventures since they were children (with there being ample evidence that their mother was also an adventurous raider of tombs). It's laid out to be a bit more plausible than it sounds (which for this series isn't saying much).
Either way, there's tons of great opportunities to explore, and Uncharted is one of those series where almost every side character is interesting/has a backstory that isn't defined by Nathan. Loads of great stories could be told in a film/series. Personally, I'd love to follow a series that shows how Nate originally assembled his Uncharted 2 crew.

by cheapLEY @, Monday, July 16, 2018, 11:58 (2104 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Is it just completely lost on you that you attempted to make a point and then completely undermined it in the very next sentence with the two examples you provided? Keanu Reeves is 7 years older than Fillion, and Tom Cruise is 9 years older.

If anything, this just cemented Fillion as Nathan Drake in my mind.

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Monday, July 16, 2018, 12:18 (2104 days ago) @ cheapLEY
edited by Cody Miller, Monday, July 16, 2018, 12:25

Is it just completely lost on you that you attempted to make a point and then completely undermined it in the very next sentence with the two examples you provided? Keanu Reeves is 7 years older than Fillion, and Tom Cruise is 9 years older.

Both Cruise and Reeves are in demonstrably better shape. That was half the point I made if you read it again… Both of them are action movie veterans with tons of fighting, weapons, and stunt training as well.

I'm not saying no… it's just a potential stumbling point. The persona is completely on point, but can he do a pull up? If so… it could be good! If he's going to do it I'd hope he trains and brings the physicality, because this would be a movie where 'cheating' the action would be really disappointing.

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Monday, July 16, 2018, 14:24 (2104 days ago) @ Cody Miller
edited by CruelLEGACEY, Monday, July 16, 2018, 14:29

Both Cruise and Reeves are in demonstrably better shape.

Also, neither Tom Cruise nor Keanu Reeves are human.

[image]

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Monday, July 30, 2018, 22:26 (2090 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

Both Cruise and Reeves are in demonstrably better shape.

Also, neither Tom Cruise nor Keanu Reeves are human.

So yeah.

After seeing Mission Impossible Fallout, I am completely convinced that the level of skill required to perform and film the action sequences that would be required of an Uncharted movie is just going to be out of reach for whoever is doing it.

Uncharted deserves that level of quality in the performing and filming of its action, but what's the chance it will get it?

Slim I say. Just keep it a game.

Whoa. Kotaku interviews Fillion.

by cheapLEY @, Monday, July 16, 2018, 12:45 (2104 days ago) @ breitzen

Just finishing listening to the interview.

They talk about this project, Destiny 2, and a bit of Halo (and a touch of Firefly).

Biggest news to me is that Fillion isn’t voicing Cayde-6 in Forsaken. Not even the trailer. He wasn’t available. Nolan North took over. Maybe that’s totally common knowledge and I just missed it, but I definitely didn’t know.

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Monday, July 16, 2018, 13:29 (2104 days ago) @ cheapLEY

Just finishing listening to the interview.

They talk about this project, Destiny 2, and a bit of Halo (and a touch of Firefly).

Biggest news to me is that Fillion isn’t voicing Cayde-6 in Forsaken. Not even the trailer. He wasn’t available. Nolan North took over. Maybe that’s totally common knowledge and I just missed it, but I definitely didn’t know.

Nolan North took over the Nathan Fillion role, so Nathan Fillion takes over the Nolan North role.
How fitting.

by Schedonnardus, Texas, Monday, July 16, 2018, 13:46 (2104 days ago) @ Korny

Nolan North took over the Nathan Fillion role, so Nathan Fillion takes over the Nolan North role.
How fitting.

What if instead of bringing cayde back, they somehow upload him into a ghost, or our ghost?

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Monday, July 16, 2018, 13:48 (2104 days ago) @ cheapLEY

Oh, God.

Destiny 3: All Characters voiced by Nolan North. (eyeroll)

by cheapLEY @, Monday, July 16, 2018, 14:04 (2104 days ago) @ Morpheus
edited by cheapLEY, Monday, July 16, 2018, 14:10

I’m going to have to watch the Forsaken trailer again. I didn’t notice that it wasn’t Nathan Fillion. Maybe they used some sort of composite trickery.

Edit: I could have swore there was a Forsaken trailer with Cayde speaking, but I can’t find one, so maybe not.

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Monday, July 16, 2018, 14:21 (2104 days ago) @ Morpheus

Oh, God.

Except the Guardian, voiced by Sir Anthony Hopkins. Easiest paycheck of his career! Two death screams and he's out by lunch.

by cheapLEY @, Monday, July 16, 2018, 14:51 (2104 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Oh, God.

Except the Guardian, voiced by Sir Anthony Hopkins. Easiest paycheck of his career! Two death screams and he's out by lunch.

I’d buy that from the Eververse.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread