Destiny 2 Update 1.2.3 Patch Notes (Destiny)

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Tuesday, July 17, 2018, 10:16 (2114 days ago)

Or...

by Claude Errera @, Tuesday, July 17, 2018, 10:41 (2114 days ago) @ CyberKN

Or...

by ManKitten, The Stugotz is strong in me., Tuesday, July 17, 2018, 11:37 (2114 days ago) @ Claude Errera

https://destiny.bungie.org/patchnotes/83

Once again, my eyeballs thank you.

Destiny 2 Update 1.2.3 Patch Notes

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Tuesday, July 17, 2018, 11:30 (2114 days ago) @ CyberKN

Young Ahamkara’s Spine

• Now also improves Tripmine Grenade’s blast radius and throw speed, and makes your >Tripmine Grenades harder to destroy.
  • Solar ability hits now grant some Tripmine Grenade energy (33%).
  • Added new FX treatment to the improved Tripmine Grenades to differentiate them >from normal Tripmine Grenades.
  • Removed target-marking functionality.

And what would that be? I'm surprised they didn't show what the difference looks like, as that seems important to know.

Iron Banner Updates

• The Iron Banner game mode now uses Iron Temple fire pits as capture zones >instead of standard Control flags.
  • Added new Power Play rules unique to Iron Banner:
  • Upon capturing a third zone, all three zones lock for 20 seconds.
  • After 20 seconds, all three zones reset to neutral and must be recaptured.
  • Added new audio for fire pits and Power Play alerts.
  • Updated score and time limits to match standard Control now that Quickplay is >also 6v6.

Oh. ._.

Prismatic Matrix

• The Prismatic Matrix has been temporarily removed. It will return in Season 4.
  • Prismatic facets have been deprecated. Dismantling deprecated Prismatic facets will grant Bright Dust.

You get 150 Bright dust. Meh.

Item Preview Updates

• Players can preview spawn effects and Sparrow contrails in their inventory.

'Bout time!

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Tuesday, July 17, 2018, 11:37 (2114 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

[image]

by Claude Errera @, Tuesday, July 17, 2018, 11:42 (2114 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

Oh. ._.

I think this is a pretty good change. Power Plays can quickly make a close game not-close. The vast majority of times I've seen one in an IB game, it's taken a game where the losing team had a chance... and moved it into the 'not gonna come back... ever' category. (Only a couple of times have I seen a losing team actually catch up because of a Power Play. If you're good enough to take - and hold - three zones, you're good enough that you're not usually losing in the first place.)

This still gives teams a bonus for doing a difficult thing... but it's up to you to capitalize on that bonus. (And if you're winning, and you let the opposing team grab all the zones, you better play REALLY well for the next 20 seconds, or you'll pay for your carelessness.)

Dunno. Sounds fun to me.

Prismatic Matrix

• The Prismatic Matrix has been temporarily removed. It will return in Season 4.
  • Prismatic facets have been deprecated. Dismantling deprecated Prismatic facets will grant Bright Dust.

Last week was the 4th week in a row that I had every single item the Prismatic Matrix contained. That means I could grab something I already had, and delete it (for anywhere from 5 to 500 Bright Dust, but usually around 100), or I could simply let my newly earned facet expire, and get nothing. 150 seems like a better deal than both options.

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Tuesday, July 17, 2018, 12:47 (2114 days ago) @ Claude Errera

Oh. ._.

I think this is a pretty good change. Power Plays can quickly make a close game not-close. The vast majority of times I've seen one in an IB game, it's taken a game where the losing team had a chance... and moved it into the 'not gonna come back... ever' category. (Only a couple of times have I seen a losing team actually catch up because of a Power Play. If you're good enough to take - and hold - three zones, you're good enough that you're not usually losing in the first place.)

This still gives teams a bonus for doing a difficult thing... but it's up to you to capitalize on that bonus. (And if you're winning, and you let the opposing team grab all the zones, you better play REALLY well for the next 20 seconds, or you'll pay for your carelessness.)

Dunno. Sounds fun to me.

Oh don't get me wrong, it's no doubt a blast. I play with randoms 95% of the time, so every now and again I get matched with a group that wants to play slayer and totally ignores the objective.

Those do not tend to be fun games.

by Claude Errera @, Tuesday, July 17, 2018, 12:53 (2114 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

Oh. ._.

Dunno. Sounds fun to me.

Oh don't get me wrong, it's no doubt a blast. I play with randoms 95% of the time, so every now and again I get matched with a group that wants to play slayer and totally ignores the objective.

Those do not tend to be fun games.

I play a lot with randoms, too. (Played 15 matches or so yesterday, on my own.) I suppose I've seen that - but not terribly often. Not sure how you think this change makes it worse, though. (In fact, it should make it better.)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Wednesday, July 18, 2018, 11:51 (2113 days ago) @ Claude Errera
edited by Cody Miller, Wednesday, July 18, 2018, 11:55

(Only a couple of times have I seen a losing team actually catch up because of a Power Play. If you're good enough to take - and hold - three zones, you're good enough that you're not usually losing in the first place.)

Right, which is why if that happens they pull way ahead, and the game ends in the mercy rule.

It gives the team who is down a way to catch up, but it also serves to end a lopsided game more quickly. If you are hopelessly outmatched there's nothing more frustrating than having to just sit and take it for a long time.

Locking the zones is also a bad idea, because the skill is KEEPING the power play. In my experience, power plays lasting 20 seconds or more are very rare. So if you manage to get a power play now, it's likely to reward you disproportionally over what it did before.

In my opinion it basically gets everything wrong.

by cheapLEY @, Wednesday, July 18, 2018, 14:01 (2113 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I’m hesitant to weigh in on this, because I don’t play enough Crucible to have strong feelings.

On a gut level, though, I agree with Claude. As it is, you’re right, keeping a Power Play isn’t nearly impossible. To the point that getting one really isn’t a huge benefit, even when you’re behind. It seems like a better strategy to get two points and try to hold them.

This change leads to a Power Play feeling like it will make a difference, but the reset puts things back on an even playing field. Seems like it might lead to more back and forth, which is fun.

Powerplays

by Durandal, Thursday, July 19, 2018, 07:08 (2112 days ago) @ cheapLEY

The conventional wisdom of control is that it's better to hold two zones and spawn trap your opponents. Generally, going for 3 zones is foolish because it will cause a spawn flip and have the other team spawn next you a relatively unprotected zone behind you.

Now, holding 3 zones gives a 20 second window of time where you just are trying to rack up kills rather then holding an area before resetting the status. A coordinated team will choose this time to pop supers, but conversely this is harder to get multi kills on since the spawns will be all over rather then contained.

So now in game there is a new mechanic that can be exploited for potentially more points. If you have several blueberries on your team, they are often too uncoordinated to take advantage of it, but it may pay off. I can't tell you how many lone wolves with 3+ k/ds I saw in iron banner with 0 or 1 captures.

Solstice of Heroes...

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Tuesday, July 17, 2018, 12:12 (2114 days ago) @ CyberKN
edited by Korny, Tuesday, July 17, 2018, 12:18

Reading through what the event entails, and it's five remixed story missions with a handful of Eververse cosmetics and a tweaked version of the Ikora armor set.
At least the Eververse cosmetics look neat and unique, as opposed to reskins.
[image]

Dat chopper sparrow...

I dunno, I'm pumped

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Tuesday, July 17, 2018, 13:22 (2114 days ago) @ Korny

Reading through what the event entails, and it's five remixed story missions with a handful of Eververse cosmetics and a tweaked version of the Ikora armor set.
At least the Eververse cosmetics look neat and unique, as opposed to reskins.
[image]

Dat chopper sparrow...

One of the things that I'm looking for is a way to add more variety and challenge into the game, something I currently don't get from the meditations. So I'm pretty keen.

I dunno, I'm pumped

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Tuesday, July 17, 2018, 16:47 (2114 days ago) @ kidtsunami

One of the things that I'm looking for is a way to add more variety and challenge into the game, something I currently don't get from the meditations. So I'm pretty keen.

Yeah Meditations were always pretty meh for me, revamped missions sounds like a lot of fun.

Why did they move Pursuits?

by cheapLEY @, Wednesday, July 18, 2018, 11:21 (2113 days ago) @ CyberKN

I know it’s a minor thing, but it’s really annoying to have to scroll past it now. I look for boons and consumables, or want to check how many tokens I have to see if it’s worth a tower run far more than I check pursuits.

Maybe that will change with Forsaken, but in that case Pursuits still seems like a really half-assed replacement for the old Quests screen.

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Wednesday, July 18, 2018, 12:41 (2113 days ago) @ cheapLEY

Yeah, I don't really get it either. I feel like someone over there greatly overestimates how much we actually use the pursuits screen (assuming others are similar to me, anyway). I mean, I use it a lot for a while right after a DLC comes out, and then once I've been through each quest once, I really don't care to check it anymore even if I have those quests on other characters. This is going to result in more clicks far more often than it's going to result in less clicks, at least for me.

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Wednesday, July 18, 2018, 14:13 (2113 days ago) @ stabbim

Yeah, I don't really get it either. I feel like someone over there greatly overestimates how much we actually use the pursuits screen (assuming others are similar to me, anyway). I mean, I use it a lot for a while right after a DLC comes out, and then once I've been through each quest once, I really don't care to check it anymore even if I have those quests on other characters. This is going to result in more clicks far more often than it's going to result in less clicks, at least for me.

I think it's partially because Bounties are coming back. If people regularly pick up bounties I guess they though they'd be saving us a few movements *shrugs*.

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Thursday, July 19, 2018, 06:21 (2112 days ago) @ Xenos

I think it's partially because Bounties are coming back. If people regularly pick up bounties I guess they though they'd be saving us a few movements *shrugs*.

It definitely saved me a bunch of time when I was running strikes yesterday with bounties. I also like the little bounty completion banner.

by Harmanimus @, Friday, July 20, 2018, 07:16 (2111 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

The completion banner is nice. Too bad they didn’t just add a menu option to allow you to order those pages yourself.

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Thursday, July 19, 2018, 17:08 (2112 days ago) @ cheapLEY

For me, I was constantly going down to pursuits during Warmind. And I watched as Destiny would spend time loading in some content in the other tabs no matter how quickly I selected the pursuits tab. I’d guess this may be a performance thing. Possibly, pursuits are (or will be) a more popular destination. It also seems possible that Bungie would rather load in the lighter Pursuits tab and only load the heavier / slower loading inventory type tabs when necessary.

At least that my guess.

Titan armor test results

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Wednesday, July 18, 2018, 12:44 (2113 days ago) @ CyberKN

ACD/0 Feedback Fence: Improved

Doomfang Pauldrons: Improved, minus a wording issue where the main perk description says "grenade" in each spot where it should reference the Sentinel super's throw attack.

That is all.

Titan armor test results

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Thursday, July 19, 2018, 17:12 (2112 days ago) @ stabbim

No! That’s not all! The Dunemarchers are much improved. Much faster to activate. Stay activated a long time. And the lightning is now powerful enough to outright kill a base level Fallen Captain.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread