Destiny 2 - PS4 (Criticism)

by vtf73, Tuesday, July 24, 2018, 21:14 (2102 days ago)

It’s a shame the PS4 clan has such little activity. Even when events get posted, which is rare to begin with, it’s hard to fill up.

We're just in a lull.

by cheapLEY @, Tuesday, July 24, 2018, 21:49 (2102 days ago) @ vtf73

It’s a shame the PS4 clan has such little activity. Even when events get posted, which is rare to begin with, it’s hard to fill up.

I think we've reached the point where a lot of folks have done the stuff they wanted to do with Warmind, and we've still got a bit until Forsaken. Maybe Solstice of Heroes will bring some folks back.

It's been a few weeks since I've been super active, but it wasn't that difficult to fill up a raid. Granted, that was some of us were still trying to get over the soft cap hump for Spire of Stars.

I've been playing more on Xbox lately. I'm not opposed to playing on PS4, but I'm closer to completing Moments of Triumph on Xbox at this point, so that will be my focus for the foreseeable future.

I have it preordered on both systems, but I'm not sure which console will be my focus when Forsaken hits. Running two consoles can kindof be a chore--I desperately wish we had cross saves so I could just take characters back and forth and not have to have individual sets of characters on each console. ):

We're just in a lull.

by vtf73, Wednesday, July 25, 2018, 11:17 (2102 days ago) @ cheapLEY

I certainly couldn’t devote the time on both consoles.
I have pretty much everything there is to get (spindle and protocol sniper excluded), but I think if the clan was more active as a whole more people would be inclined to play regardless of what their inventory says or LL says.

We're just in a lull.

by Vortech @, A Fourth Wheel, Wednesday, July 25, 2018, 18:02 (2102 days ago) @ vtf73

Yeah, after D1 I told myself I would't do both consoles again, but here I am. The PS4 crew I ran with fell off or moved to the west and my work schedule tends toward earlier than it used to, so I switched to Xbox to try to be more active. I still can't play as much as I want, and can't find people when I can play.

Plus, I get HDR, 4K, a controller I like more and better performance from my XBONEX and not my OG PS4, so that helps.

Destiny 2 - PS4

by kupkake191, Marysville, WA, Wednesday, July 25, 2018, 11:31 (2102 days ago) @ vtf73

PS4 Clan has no active leadership. So the ones who still are on-line, look to each other to get thing done or have non-clan member who they do the active with (raid, PVP, etc.), because they know the clan 90% inactive. I do not Post raid anymore because of the inactive of the clan.

Destiny 2 - PS4

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Wednesday, July 25, 2018, 12:26 (2102 days ago) @ kupkake191

PS4 Clan has no active leadership. So the ones who still are on-line, look to each other to get thing done or have non-clan member who they do the active with (raid, PVP, etc.), because they know the clan 90% inactive. I do not Post raid anymore because of the inactive of the clan.

It's been a weird thing since Day 1 that the PS4 clan's leadership is comprised almost entirely of Xbox players (though honestly, it appears that they don't check up on the Xbox or PC clans too often either). Management is weird, and there's nothing really set up on any of the three pages. Folks are too busy with real life, it seems.

I'm one of those who got pretty much everything done on PS4, so I quit playing for the most part. I do have to hop on and level up to do the Whisper quest there, as I'm only 368 or so, but yeh.

Destiny 2 - PS4

by vtf73, Wednesday, July 25, 2018, 16:47 (2102 days ago) @ Korny

I would venture to say that 75% of the PS4 members don’t have one character at max light. I get real life, but this is total abandonment.

Destiny 2 - PS4

by vtf73, Wednesday, July 25, 2018, 16:44 (2102 days ago) @ kupkake191

Such a shame. I see you and a few others running more raids and other activities with other clans than our own. And I don’t blame you

Destiny 2 - PS4

by cheapLEY @, Wednesday, July 25, 2018, 17:32 (2102 days ago) @ vtf73

What would you propose? It's not like we can just force people to play Destiny. If there's something you want to do, make an FTB event and see if folks join up. It's been a few weeks since I played regularly on PS4, but I never had issues finding folks to raid or do whatever (granted, it was pretty much just our normal group most of the time).

I won't pretend like it's not an issue. Hell, it's a large part of the reason I decided to jump in on Xbox, too. I have 18 friends online on Xbox right now, 8 are playing Destiny (7 of which are from DBO). Compared to 5 PSN friends online with 3 playing Destiny (with Destroyo and Kupkake being two of those). That's skewed, because I've had an Xbox since the original, so I have a long history of Xbox friends built up, whereas my PSN friends are almost exclusively people from DBO.

I hate to say it, but honestly, at this point, the PS4 is turning into the console that only gets turned on for exclusives.

It's stuff like this that makes me really wish for cross-play (and if not that far, then at least cross-saves). Maybe next generation, they'll all decide to play nice together. ):

Destiny 2 - PS4

by vtf73, Thursday, July 26, 2018, 13:08 (2101 days ago) @ cheapLEY

I have and they’ve garnered little interest and when I was able to get enough half of the party were non-clan members. I know people can’t be forced to play, but if there’s new people requesting clan membership and no one is monitoring to accept them how will we get people in who may actually want to play? I think it goes back to what Kupkake said about leadership. Listen, I know it’s just a game and people have real life activity and other interests, as do I, but I just needed to get this out there. 70ish PS4 clan members, but only 10 active and that’s being generous.

Destiny 2 - PS4

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Thursday, July 26, 2018, 14:01 (2101 days ago) @ vtf73

External B.Org groups are usually just a way for people who already hang out here to find each other. If you're looking for a highly active, regimented organization that raids 10 times a day and holds elections for clan leaders, you're going to be disappointed.

*I say this knowing that I'm only a member of the XBox clan, so it's possible that things are vastly different on the PlayStation side. But probably not.

Destiny 2 - PS4

by vtf73, Thursday, July 26, 2018, 18:08 (2101 days ago) @ stabbim

@stabbim - let’s not inflate what I said. never did I say I was looking for a clan that raids 10x/day nor that I wanted elections to be held for leadership roles.

I’m providing honest feedback based upon being one of 8-10 active members on the PS4 side. I’m finding my activity dwindling over the last few weeks not because I don’t want to play, but because the available people to play with has dwindled. That’s it from me, goodnight.

Destiny 2 - PS4

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Thursday, July 26, 2018, 21:52 (2100 days ago) @ vtf73
edited by stabbim, Thursday, July 26, 2018, 21:57

@stabbim - let’s not inflate what I said. never did I say I was looking for a clan that raids 10x/day nor that I wanted elections to be held for leadership roles.

No one was attacking you or making false accusations. I was just illustrating the difference between an actual, organized tryhard clan, and what DBO clans usually are (a not at all organized collection of people who mostly argue the same few points about microtransactions in an endless loop). Further reading.

Destiny 2 - PS4

by cheapLEY @, Thursday, July 26, 2018, 14:26 (2101 days ago) @ vtf73

I know people can’t be forced to play, but if there’s new people requesting clan membership and no one is monitoring to accept them how will we get people in who may actually want to play?

Is that actually an issue, though? I legitimately don't know, I don't ever even look at the clan pages on B.net or anything. Do we have pending requests that aren't being dealt with?

I completely understand where you're coming from, I'm just not sure it's a problem that can be fixed. As stabbim said, the clans serve more as an easy way for DBO affiliated folks to find each other, and work towards the small bonuses being in a clan provides. It's mostly just a copy of my friends list at this point. I don't think it was every going to be anything with super codified rules and a schedule or anything like that.

Unfortunately, I don't really have a good answer for you. I'm really not convinced it's an issue that we can solve. Short of actively recruiting members that play more regularly (which, if the clan has the open spots and you know people--invite them, I guess!). If it's a matter of clearing out space for folks that do want to join, I guess that's a conversation to have, I just never had the impression that was an issue.

Destiny 2 - PS4

by Claude Errera @, Thursday, July 26, 2018, 15:03 (2101 days ago) @ cheapLEY

I know people can’t be forced to play, but if there’s new people requesting clan membership and no one is monitoring to accept them how will we get people in who may actually want to play?

Is that actually an issue, though? I legitimately don't know, I don't ever even look at the clan pages on B.net or anything. Do we have pending requests that aren't being dealt with?

Sort of, yes.

There are currently two people in the queue for approval. Neither one has reached out to anyone involved in the admin of the clan, or to anyone they KNOW in the clan; the general rule is that if the gamertag isn't familiar, and nobody actually vouches for them ("X doesn't visit DBO, but I play with them" or some such), they don't get approved. This has ALWAYS been the rule (since D1 days).

I've never seen RobinsonMcSwine or FLATLINE_79 (the two currently-pending applicants), nor has anyone spoken up for either of them, so they haven't been approved.

(I suppose an argument can be made that when you're nowhere near full, you can approve people who aren't actually known to any current clan members... but it's not really an argument I like.)

Destiny 2 - PS4

by Vortech @, A Fourth Wheel, Thursday, July 26, 2018, 15:26 (2101 days ago) @ Claude Errera

(I suppose an argument can be made that when you're nowhere near full, you can approve people who aren't actually known to any current clan members... but it's not really an argument I like.)

Nor I. I want that clan list to be people that have some barest level of pre-screning or I may as well invite randos in the tower or do an LFG site.

Destiny 2 - PS4

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Thursday, July 26, 2018, 16:31 (2101 days ago) @ Claude Errera

There are currently two people in the queue for approval. Neither one has reached out to anyone involved in the admin of the clan, or to anyone they KNOW in the clan; the general rule is that if the gamertag isn't familiar, and nobody actually vouches for them ("X doesn't visit DBO, but I play with them" or some such), they don't get approved. This has ALWAYS been the rule (since D1 days).

FWIW, in the XBox clan the admins will sometimes post a message in clan chat asking whether anyone knows the user in question. Posted messages generate an alert on the smartphone app, but new member requests don't, so it gets more visibility if someone says something.

Nor I. I don't want to let every random request in and try to figure out later whether they're actually a DBO user. I'm in that clan specifically because I don't want to talk to every yahoo who joined the first clan they found.

Destiny 2 - PS4

by Claude Errera @, Thursday, July 26, 2018, 16:39 (2101 days ago) @ stabbim

FWIW, in the XBox clan the admins will sometimes post a message in clan chat asking whether anyone knows the user in question. Posted messages generate an alert on the smartphone app, but new member requests don't, so it gets more visibility if someone says something.

Didn't know that - I've posted a request in the PSN clan chat. Thanks!

Destiny 2 - PS4

by Speedracer513 @, Dallas, Texas, Thursday, July 26, 2018, 21:06 (2100 days ago) @ Claude Errera

As Claude has said, we have a general policy of not approving any and all clan requests. We want the DBO clans to remain mostly for active DBO members and some of their active friends.

As the person that’s being referred to when the PS4 DBO Clan Leadership is being maligned, I feel the need to make it clear that it is not a matter of neglecting things that are going on in the PS4 clan. It is simply a matter of understanding what our purpose and principles as a clan entail. That includes keeping the clan as a low-key place for active DBOers to see which of their fellow DBOers are online and make it easy to join up if desired. We have no interest in trying to force people to play more often, nor to accept random requests, just so that the number of people online at any given time is larger. I have had this conversation multiple times with certain members of the clan. I also feel the need to make it clear that I do monitor the clan requests and usually either post a message to the group asking if anyone vouches for the pending users, or sending a direct message to the pending users myself.

This topic comes up every single time we are in a lull between content drops. Believe me, I lament the fact that it sometimes feels like a ghost town, and it does seem to be an issue on PS4 more than on the Xbox side - but that has always been the case that the DBO base is larger on Xbox One. Manh of us have been a part of this community since Halo, after all.

I could go into many different reasons why the DBO PS4 user base isn’t what it used to be during D1. But the fact of the matter is that we all have our own reasons for choosing when and where to play, and we aren’t going to try to pressure anyone to change that, nor are we going to worry about arbitrarily growing our numbers.

Destiny 2 - PS4

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Friday, July 27, 2018, 09:42 (2100 days ago) @ Speedracer513

nor are we going to worry about arbitrarily growing our numbers.

There's a joke about light levels in here somewhere.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread