XB1 DBO ESCALATION PROTOCOL (Fireteam Builder Events)

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Thursday, July 26, 2018, 17:20 (2100 days ago)
edited by INSANEdrive, Thursday, July 26, 2018, 17:28

It's been long enough now that most of us probably have at least one character that is @ 380 Light. While technically we only need 3, I would love to see a 9 man DBO romp for ESCALATION PROTOCOL. So what say you DBO?

Ya wanna do this?

XB1 DBO ESCALATION PROTOCOL

by Fantom ⌂, Chicago, Illinois, Friday, July 27, 2018, 14:16 (2099 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

Been dying to beat one of these. Can't get past 6 and can't find an area with 3+ willing to do it.

Maybe make it a weekly thing so everyone can cycle the (5?) bosses together?

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Saturday, July 28, 2018, 11:42 (2099 days ago) @ Fantom

Been dying to beat one of these. Can't get past 6 and can't find an area with 3+ willing to do it.

Maybe make it a weekly thing so everyone can cycle the (5?) bosses together?

If someone else would be up for that, I'd love to join. With that said, I don't think it would be surprising to see that once we are all over the recommended light level, and have new exotics/supers to play with, that it's very possible in the early weeks (before we can really appreciate the Dreaming City) we'll see more events like this.

XB1 DBO ESCALATION PROTOCOL Update

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Saturday, July 28, 2018, 13:01 (2099 days ago) @ INSANEdrive
edited by INSANEdrive, Saturday, July 28, 2018, 13:19

Hey all!

Glad to see such interest! Honestly surprised this hasn't been done (publicly?) already, but then again, maybe we'll find out. There alot of moving parts to getting this set up, so I wanted to make a post to TRY and streamline all this.

Most pressing issue is...

Timing

There will be alot of playing by ear with this. I would like to start working on creating instances BEFORE the scheduled start time. I need to conscript at least two of you, so if you will be on before the scheduled start time of the event, if you could post here to let me know that would be great. Our goal will be to RNG into one another into the same instance on Mars in the "Glacial Drift" Instance. The more help, the better. Shoot, even if you DON'T want to do this event, but are up for feeling helpful, I ask you to post here just to say you are willing to help us make this event a success on this front. We're a clan dang it!

In the event that we are unable to instance in any reasonable time frame, we'll have to either request help from fellow 380 Guardians to join us (I don't want this) that we can find already in map, or those of us who are at 380 can suffer the full brunt of ESCALATION PROTOCOL and hope we get lucky with the randoms.

All in all this will be a Social Exercise, as well as a test in Luck. Roll a 20 ya'll!

Loadout

TL;DR @ 380+ Light

• Do you have any weapons/powers that Debuff Damage Resistance, Buff Guardian abilities, or cause MASSIVE damage? Do that.

• This means Nova Bomb (Bottom Tree preferably), Hammers (Top Tree) with Melting Point, and Golden Gun.

TL;DR @ 370+ Light

• Do you have any weapons/powers that Debuff Damage Resistance, Buff Guardian abilities, or can melt a SEA of adds or Make Orbs? Do that.

• This means Stormcaller (Bottom Tree preferably), Hammers (Top Tree) with Melting Point, and whatever works with Orpheus Rigs. More Orbs more better!

• A Special note for Hunters! - DO NOT TETHER a boss that has been hit with melting point. This will override melting point. You really only want to be tethering all the adds for orbs.

I would also recommend that while not required, if you are Solar then your weapons be Arc and Void based. Same for everything else. Shields? What Shields?

I expect we'll sync our load outs better once we have a confirmed space to play in.

Reference & Inspiration

by cheapLEY @, Saturday, July 28, 2018, 13:45 (2099 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

It’s supposed to rain tomorrow, so I have some yard work I need to get done when I get off work in fifteen minutes. Shouldn’t take long, I should make it by start time, but no guarantee. I’ll be on early if I can, but I doubt that.

I’ll be rolling my Solar Titan. I think I have a boop cannon I can infuse up, but other than that, I don’t have optimal anything, unfortunately. I don’t know what your expectations are for really getting this done. I’m just in it for fun (and to maybe get far enough for a drop). If there’s enough people interested that are actually appropriately leveled, I’ll definitely bow out to make room.

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Saturday, July 28, 2018, 14:02 (2098 days ago) @ cheapLEY

It’s supposed to rain tomorrow, so I have some yard work I need to get done when I get off work in fifteen minutes. Shouldn’t take long, I should make it by start time, but no guarantee. I’ll be on early if I can, but I doubt that.

I’ll be rolling my Solar Titan. I think I have a boop cannon I can infuse up, but other than that, I don’t have optimal anything, unfortunately. I don’t know what your expectations are for really getting this done. I’m just in it for fun (and to maybe get far enough for a drop). If there’s enough people interested that are actually appropriately leveled, I’ll definitely bow out to make room.

Admittedly I would like the kit Escalation doles out, but ultimately the goal shall be determined by the group and happenstance. It's already apparent that there will be alternations throughout the night, so what ever tone that starts out may change. Don't stress it, and don't worry about over extending to get that light level up. Bring what you can. :)

by cheapLEY @, Saturday, July 28, 2018, 16:34 (2098 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

I just now finished the chores I needed to do. Going to catch a shower and some dinner. Should be on in about an hour. Sorry, I wanted to be around to try to help set up.

Do what you got to do.

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Saturday, July 28, 2018, 16:57 (2098 days ago) @ cheapLEY

- No text -

by Fantom ⌂, Chicago, Illinois, Saturday, July 28, 2018, 16:05 (2098 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

Myself +1 are on now.

XB1 DBO ESCALATION PROTOCOL Last Call

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Saturday, July 28, 2018, 16:57 (2098 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

Robot Chicken was awesome enough to use his "L33t Hax" to get us three slots, so we should be able to have 9 DBO'r total (as long as there are no randoms in instance).

One more thing, the final chest is key based. If you don't have a key, that means you won't be able to get armor, but the gun drops RNG from the big boss. That's all I have to say. Lets DO THIS!

XB1 DBO ESCALATION PROTOCOL Last Call

by Fantom ⌂, Chicago, Illinois, Saturday, July 28, 2018, 17:03 (2098 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

Sweet!

Are we at 9 total?

For those Tentative, Just join if you can, or enter party.

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Saturday, July 28, 2018, 17:24 (2098 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

- No text -

Disbanded.

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Saturday, July 28, 2018, 18:23 (2098 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

Three Games - Two Successful, One by Timer. Sorry to those of you who missed this, but considering how much fun was had by all I do expect this sort of DBO group up for escalation protocol to happen again.

A Super special thank you once again to Robot Chicken, who took to the call, and helped make this evening happen so painlessly with instances. Thank you!

Thanks! (+a video)

by cheapLEY @, Saturday, July 28, 2018, 18:27 (2098 days ago) @ INSANEdrive
edited by cheapLEY, Saturday, July 28, 2018, 19:18

Thanks for running it a second time! That's one more Triumph taken care of.

That was really, really cool, and a ton of fun. I definitely want to do that again! I know I'm late to the party on this, but not making it easier to get 9-man fireteams together for this kind of stuff is a huge mistake, I think.

EDIT: I archived the Mixer stream I recorded of the event. It doesn't start right away, I had to switch characters, and you can see me be confused about why I can't infuse an Auto Rifle (I had the one I wanted to infuse equipped). The event starts at 2:35, when I joined you all in wave 7. The second full run starts at 7:40.

Happy to help! Thanks for organizing this

by Robot Chickens, Saturday, July 28, 2018, 23:40 (2098 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

- No text -

Darn Tom Cruise. Why did you have to release a movie now?

by CougRon, Auburn, WA, USA, Sunday, July 29, 2018, 08:52 (2098 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

- No text -

by Fantom ⌂, Chicago, Illinois, Sunday, July 29, 2018, 05:26 (2098 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

Thanks again! That was awesome.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread