Hi! I'm GrizzNKev. (DBO)

by GrizzNKev, Down the street from Microsoft, Tuesday, September 24, 2013, 20:20 (3867 days ago)

I guess there's no point in hiding any kind of secret identity, especially since I've already spotted another Grizz 'round these parts.

I'm Kevin Grismore, and I'm a Bungie fanboy. I'm also a programmer, a musician, and a student. My primary goal in life is to be employed by the magical entity that prefaces Destiny in my browser's address bar. I left my entire life behind to move from Florida to Washington to be a part of a brand new major at a specialized school, and if I do things right I think I may eventually land where I want at the end of this journey.

Before all of that, though, Bungie is releasing a new video game. My history on the internet has its origins in 4chan's /v/, though for the last few years I've tried to make myself known around NeoGAF. Since I wasn't part of the old guard of the Halo community there, I often felt a bit left out and tossed in with all the new people that arrived for Halo 4. As events unfolded, it turned out I wasn't the biggest fan of Halo 4 and the community around it doesn't really feel right for me. So much anger, so much conflict. I'm tired of arguing with people and want to start over somewhere else in a way that allows me to be more positive and more constructive. At some point during PAX Prime I hunted down a few people wearing DBO shirts and gave them a few passes since I wasn't going to be able to make it to the last two days. I know from ncsuDuncan that DBO is an incredibly positive and supportive place, so I wanted to contribute to that somehow. Now I'm posting here for real.

Hi!

Hi! I'm GrizzNKev.

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Tuesday, September 24, 2013, 20:29 (3867 days ago) @ GrizzNKev
edited by Cody Miller, Tuesday, September 24, 2013, 21:07

I'm tired of arguing with people and want to start over somewhere else in a way that allows me to be more positive and more constructive.

Hi!

Just stay away from me then, and you'll be fine here. :-p

Welcome and good luck.

I laughed.

by ncsuDuncan @, Tuesday, September 24, 2013, 22:00 (3867 days ago) @ Cody Miller

- No text -

Hi! I'm GrizzNKev.

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Tuesday, September 24, 2013, 20:29 (3867 days ago) @ GrizzNKev

Welcome to the best community I know of.

It doesn't take long to feel like you belong.

Welcome!

by Leviathan ⌂, Hotel Zanzibar, Tuesday, September 24, 2013, 20:51 (3867 days ago) @ GrizzNKev

- No text -

Greetings and Welcome!

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Tuesday, September 24, 2013, 21:38 (3867 days ago) @ GrizzNKev

The Bungie.org community is a wonderful place to be, welcome to our ranks!

Greetings and Salutations!

by Chewbaccawakka @, The Great Green Pacific Northwest!, Tuesday, September 24, 2013, 21:59 (3867 days ago) @ GrizzNKev

Welcome to the madhouse.

Welcome!

by ncsuDuncan @, Tuesday, September 24, 2013, 22:00 (3867 days ago) @ GrizzNKev

DBO is an incredibly positive and supportive place

Indeed it is! I'm glad you want to contribute. :)

Your name threatens me

by Grizzlei ⌂ @, Pacific Cloud Zone, Earth, Tuesday, September 24, 2013, 22:25 (3867 days ago) @ GrizzNKev

Welcome to DBO!

I bet yours isn't derived from your real name!

by GrizzNKev, Down the street from Microsoft, Tuesday, September 24, 2013, 22:39 (3867 days ago) @ Grizzlei

Mine is. Just call me Kev if you don't want anyone to get confused.

by Grizzlei ⌂ @, Pacific Cloud Zone, Earth, Tuesday, September 24, 2013, 22:45 (3867 days ago) @ GrizzNKev

I was stranded alone in the Alaskan wilderness for a week and had to fight a mama grizzly bear in a brutal hand-to-hand melee. Your move, buddy.

by GrizzNKev, Down the street from Microsoft, Tuesday, September 24, 2013, 22:46 (3867 days ago) @ Grizzlei

That bear was my last name.

Ain't nobody gonna get confused

by Grizzlei ⌂ @, Pacific Cloud Zone, Earth, Tuesday, September 24, 2013, 22:49 (3867 days ago) @ GrizzNKev

Mine is. Just call me Kev if you don't want anyone to get confused.

Oh nonsense, don't be so polite. There's room for two Grizzes on here. No more though. Don't be like those damn Grims.

Heh.

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Tuesday, September 24, 2013, 22:57 (3867 days ago) @ Grizzlei

- No text -

I'll just look for the gifs

by MrPadraig08 ⌂ @, Steel City, Wednesday, September 25, 2013, 05:14 (3866 days ago) @ Grizzlei

They're like the northern lights for Grizz

I'll just look for the gifs

by Hyokin, New York, Sunday, September 29, 2013, 08:40 (3862 days ago) @ MrPadraig08

They're like the northern lights for Grizz

[image]

by Quirel, Wednesday, September 25, 2013, 09:56 (3866 days ago) @ Grizzlei

I was stranded alone in the Alaskan wilderness for a week and had to fight a mama grizzly bear in a brutal hand-to-hand melee. Your move, buddy.

And that ain't the most impressive thing she did out there. We still haven't heard why the mountain lions pay her tribute.

I was thinking: Is that a Linux distribution?

by scarab @, Wednesday, September 25, 2013, 15:36 (3866 days ago) @ GrizzNKev

- No text -

Hi! I'm GrizzNKev.

by Fuertisimo, Tuesday, September 24, 2013, 23:47 (3867 days ago) @ GrizzNKev

Take me with you!

Hi! I'm GrizzNKev.

by GrizzNKev, Down the street from Microsoft, Wednesday, September 25, 2013, 00:07 (3867 days ago) @ Fuertisimo

I just now realized I meant to say follows, not prefaces. Sorry, I can't take you to invisible http:// land.

I also noticed I can't edit old posts to make myself look less dumb. Now I have to get used to proofreading before or at least shortly after I post.

60 minutes allowed for editing, to be precise. :)

by Leviathan ⌂, Hotel Zanzibar, Wednesday, September 25, 2013, 00:35 (3867 days ago) @ GrizzNKev

- No text -

Hi! I'm GrizzNKev.

by General Vagueness @, The Vault of Sass, Tuesday, October 01, 2013, 16:24 (3860 days ago) @ GrizzNKev

I just now realized I meant to say follows, not prefaces. Sorry, I can't take you to invisible http:// land.

I thought that was weird but then I figured you meant http://bungie.net/destiny

I also noticed I can't edit old posts to make myself look less dumb. Now I have to get used to proofreading before or at least shortly after I post.

heh, that's nothing, in my day we couldn't edit our posts at all! also, hi

Welcome!

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Wednesday, September 25, 2013, 04:47 (3866 days ago) @ GrizzNKev

What area of development are you interested in?

Welcome!

by GrizzNKev, Down the street from Microsoft, Wednesday, September 25, 2013, 08:28 (3866 days ago) @ kidtsunami

Audio engineering; engine features and tool building parts of that specifically. So, not the electrical stuff, though I think I'm supposed to learn about hardware design as well. Interactive synthesis in games is also a focus. Composing music is pretty fun too, but given how few people are successful with that in the video game world, I don't see that as any kind of priority.

Awesome

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Wednesday, September 25, 2013, 14:37 (3866 days ago) @ GrizzNKev

- No text -

Welcome, Grizzl... err...GrizzNKev!

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Wednesday, September 25, 2013, 05:36 (3866 days ago) @ GrizzNKev

- No text -

Don't drink the water.

by Claude Errera @, Wednesday, September 25, 2013, 09:31 (3866 days ago) @ GrizzNKev

Grim was doing something really terrible with a squirrel, and the pipes are corrupted now. Other than that, this is a pretty nice place to be. Beer and soda in the fridge, so you should be fine. The brown armchair's Levi's, and he gets pretty possessive, so stay out if you can.

Welcome!

We have beer?

by Jillybean, Wednesday, September 25, 2013, 10:12 (3866 days ago) @ Claude Errera

Why have you been hiding this from me?!

/welcome!

There's always beer.

by Claude Errera @, Wednesday, September 25, 2013, 10:43 (3866 days ago) @ Jillybean

/welcome!

You just have to come back. (Apologies, it's an extra 3000 miles now...)

There's always beer.

by Jillybean, Wednesday, September 25, 2013, 15:09 (3866 days ago) @ Claude Errera

/welcome!

You just have to come back. (Apologies, it's an extra 3000 miles now...)

So inconsiderate.

(If I have a job in a few months I just might, bitch)

Well this is awkward

by Zeouterlimits, Ireland, Wednesday, September 25, 2013, 16:17 (3866 days ago) @ GrizzNKev

Before all of that, though, Bungie is releasing a new video game. My history on the internet has its origins in 4chan's /v/, though for the last few years I've tried to make myself known around NeoGAF. Since I wasn't part of the old guard of the Halo community there, I often felt a bit left out and tossed in with all the new people that arrived for Halo 4. As events unfolded, it turned out I wasn't the biggest fan of Halo 4 and the community around it doesn't really feel right for me. So much anger, so much conflict. I'm tired of arguing with people and want to start over somewhere else in a way that allows me to be more positive and more constructive.

Heh, totally fair perspective to have. If it helps, you're one of the better ones, it's just a bad, young lot arriving at a tough time for OG HaloGAF's relationship with the series, so mistakes continue to be made by all side.
HGS is a bit of god send for OG HaloGAF, if I may be brutally honest.

Hope you've a good time here, DBO [and HBO] are a great lot.

Well this is awkward

by HiredN00bs ⌂ @, Silver Spring, MD, Saturday, September 28, 2013, 09:02 (3863 days ago) @ Zeouterlimits

I still don't know what HGS is.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread