Exotics aren't free of duplicates I guess? (Destiny)

by ChrisTheeCrappy, Monday, September 17, 2018, 06:33 (2048 days ago)

Has anyone else been having shit luck with Exotics? 3/5 have been weapons I already had, the other 2 being Borelias, and Queensbreaker. So literally nothing year2 D2 yet. And no Armor. I thought already having stuff was supposed to take it out of your chances or atleast greatly lower it, cause this ratio is rather annoying. Anyone else?

I need to get a second exotic first...

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Monday, September 17, 2018, 06:37 (2048 days ago) @ ChrisTheeCrappy

- No text -

Exotics aren't free of duplicates I guess?

by cheapLEY @, Monday, September 17, 2018, 06:42 (2048 days ago) @ ChrisTheeCrappy

I’ve only had two exotics drop. My first was Fighting Lion, which I had already. My second was the Six Coyotes hunter chest piece.

by squidnh3, Monday, September 17, 2018, 06:48 (2048 days ago) @ ChrisTheeCrappy

I've got a new set of Ophidians, the double knives Hunter chest (which also starts with an 'O'), a new Telesto, and two new DARCIs. So stuff I was happy to have at a higher power level, but yeah, are there new exotics?

For the first time in my Destiny Experience

by TheeChaos @, Monday, September 17, 2018, 07:11 (2048 days ago) @ ChrisTheeCrappy

I'm not the one getting shafted on exotics. Usually everyone else gets the fun stuff first.

No armor drops yet but the 2 non quest weapons I have are pretty sweet. WaveSplitter can probably expect a nerf.

My list:

Ace of Spades- Quest
Chaperone - Quest
Cerebrus+1 - engram drop
WaveSplitter - Powerful Engram from Bounty completion

My Awesome Exotic Haul

by DiscipleN2k @, Edmond, OK, Monday, September 17, 2018, 07:54 (2048 days ago) @ ChrisTheeCrappy

90 hours and 22 minutes of game time since Forsaken launched.
Nearly all of that time played with an active fireteam medallion (for the increased loot chance).
Five whole exotics received (outside of guaranteed quest rewards).

In order they were:
A piece of year one armor I was already wearing (dropped at a lower power level).
Starfire protocol (dropped at a higher power level, at least).
Trinity Ghoul! Woohoo!!!
Ace of Spades?! (WhyTF is this even in the loot pool?!)
Karnstein Armlets (dropped as my highest level armor piece)

This kind of sucks.

-Disciple

My Awesome Exotic Haul

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Monday, September 17, 2018, 08:20 (2048 days ago) @ DiscipleN2k

90 hours and 22 minutes of game time since Forsaken launched.
Nearly all of that time played with an active fireteam medallion (for the increased loot chance).

I stopped using them once I hit 50. Dumb me.

Five whole exotics received (outside of guaranteed quest rewards).

In order they were:
A piece of year one armor I was already wearing (dropped at a lower power level).
Starfire protocol (dropped at a higher power level, at least).
Trinity Ghoul! Woohoo!!!
Ace of Spades?! (WhyTF is this even in the loot pool?!)
Karnstein Armlets (dropped as my highest level armor piece)

This kind of sucks.

-Disciple

As weird as it is, I'm encouraged that Ace of Spades drops. I might get one before the meta changes. And I might actually get a chaperone this time. :)

My two drops so far are Worldline Zero and Lord of Wolves. Guess I shouldn't complain. No armor.

My Awesome Exotic Haul

by bluerunner @, Music City, Monday, September 17, 2018, 08:23 (2048 days ago) @ Kermit

As weird as it is, I'm encouraged that Ace of Spades drops. I might get one before the meta changes. And I might actually get a chaperone this time. :)

I'm pretty certain they only drop once you have completed the quests.

My Awesome Exotic Haul

by DiscipleN2k @, Edmond, OK, Monday, September 17, 2018, 08:26 (2048 days ago) @ Kermit

I don't know for sure, but I would assume it's not in the loot pool until you complete the quest.

My two drops so far are Worldline Zero and Lord of Wolves. Guess I shouldn't complain. No armor.

I am totally jealous. I REALLY want Lord of Wolves!

-Disciple

My Awesome Exotic Haul

by Chappy, Arlington, VA., Monday, September 17, 2018, 08:29 (2048 days ago) @ DiscipleN2k

... I REALLY want Lord of Wolves!

Keep doing Spider bounties; LoW is a random drop from completing his kill missions.

-Chappy

My Awesome Exotic Haul EDIT

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Monday, September 17, 2018, 08:42 (2048 days ago) @ Chappy
edited by Kermit, Monday, September 17, 2018, 08:50

Keep doing Spider bounties; LoW is a random drop from completing his kill missions.

-Chappy

Tried doing the Combuster Valus bounty last night underleveled and on my own. Had a quit after an hour. It, the Gambit bounty (which I'll probably get tonight), and the Nightfall are the only powerful engrams I'm leaving on the field this week. Haven't done a nightfall yet. I'm open to any help any guardians can offer.

EDIT: I forgot the Ascendant challenge (which I'm not sure I'm leveled for) or the bounties requiring full armor sets (which I can't do). FYI, I'm 527 max.

by cheapLEY @, Monday, September 17, 2018, 09:24 (2048 days ago) @ Kermit

If you are around tonight, I’ll help with a Nightfall. I did one last night. I was 520, with a 530 and a 538. It wasn’t bad. We can probably do it—it’ll be tough but doable if we have 3 in the 520s.

by DiscipleN2k @, Edmond, OK, Monday, September 17, 2018, 10:10 (2048 days ago) @ cheapLEY

If you are around tonight, I’ll help with a Nightfall. I did one last night. I was 520, with a 530 and a 538. It wasn’t bad. We can probably do it—it’ll be tough but doable if we have 3 in the 520s.

Ditto. If I can get my Titan to the Dreaming City in time for this thing, then I'll definitely be down for a nightfall afterward.

-Disciple

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Monday, September 17, 2018, 11:10 (2048 days ago) @ DiscipleN2k

Ditto. If I can get my Titan to the Dreaming City in time for this thing, then I'll definitely be down for a nightfall afterward.

-Disciple

I actually did the nightfall as a 507 and was still doing damage to people! I was even helping out in general. I thought I was going to get slaughtered but it wasn't that bad. It helped that I was running with tiger and Nevan and they were within 10 from the cap. I forget exactly what their numbers were.

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Monday, September 17, 2018, 11:56 (2048 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

-Disciple

I actually did the nightfall as a 507 and was still doing damage to people! I was even helping out in general. I thought I was going to get slaughtered but it wasn't that bad. It helped that I was running with tiger and Nevan and they were within 10 from the cap. I forget exactly what their numbers were.

Tiger and Nevin? That's all you had to say.

My Awesome Exotic Haul

by DiscipleN2k @, Edmond, OK, Monday, September 17, 2018, 08:46 (2048 days ago) @ Chappy

-Chappy

I just have terrible luck, then. I'm pretty sure I've gone through the entire roster, including the biggest guy on the board, three times since launch. Still haven't had any Reef weapons drop for me :(

-Disciple

My Awesome Exotic Haul

by Claude Errera @, Monday, September 17, 2018, 11:02 (2048 days ago) @ DiscipleN2k

-Chappy

I just have terrible luck, then. I'm pretty sure I've gone through the entire roster, including the biggest guy on the board, three times since launch. Still haven't had any Reef weapons drop for me :(

-Disciple

How have you gone back and done them again? I keep wanting to, and Spider keeps saying "You've already completed that".

My Awesome Exotic Haul

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Monday, September 17, 2018, 11:09 (2048 days ago) @ Claude Errera

So, I think the way it works is that they reset weekly, but they won't do so if you're holding them. So any that you picked up the first week, but didn't turn in until the second week, probably haven't reset yet.

And yeah, just keep doing them. It'll drop eventually. I didn't get mine until the second round of doing them on all 3 characters. The nice thing is that you get a legendary drop on each one, so you can try for different rolls on things.

My Awesome Exotic Haul

by Claude Errera @, Monday, September 17, 2018, 11:22 (2048 days ago) @ stabbim

So, I think the way it works is that they reset weekly, but they won't do so if you're holding them. So any that you picked up the first week, but didn't turn in until the second week, probably haven't reset yet.

I did all of the first week's ones within 48 hours of Forsaken dropping. As I posted last week, the second week's bounties were screwed up for me (they didn't drop until Thursday). I finished those in an hour or two from the time I saw them.

None have dropped since - and not a single duplicate has dropped at all.

And yeah, just keep doing them. It'll drop eventually. I didn't get mine until the second round of doing them on all 3 characters. The nice thing is that you get a legendary drop on each one, so you can try for different rolls on things.

Yeah, I'll keep checking every day... but I think it's not working for me the way it's working for other people.

My Awesome Exotic Haul

by DiscipleN2k @, Edmond, OK, Monday, September 17, 2018, 12:53 (2048 days ago) @ Claude Errera

I did all of the first week's ones within 48 hours of Forsaken dropping. As I posted last week, the second week's bounties were screwed up for me (they didn't drop until Thursday). I finished those in an hour or two from the time I saw them.

None have dropped since - and not a single duplicate has dropped at all.

Yeah, I'll keep checking every day... but I think it's not working for me the way it's working for other people.

That sucks. Hopefully everything will reset properly tomorrow afternoon and you'll have access to them again.

-Disciple

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Thursday, September 20, 2018, 08:26 (2045 days ago) @ ChrisTheeCrappy

Same. Two so far: Surros and Lucky Raspberry.

But Lucky Raspberry is actually pretty sweet in PvE now! 3 sometimes 4 grenades in a row!

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread