The Moon (Destiny)

by Zero @, Florida, Tuesday, October 01, 2013, 10:04 (3878 days ago)
edited by Zero, Tuesday, October 01, 2013, 10:12

And here we stand, in Spring 2014.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eAbpZfqE8r4

In addition to the video, the where to buy page on the Destiny site now has a listing of where you can get Beta Access codes. Out of the listed retailers, only Target is not giving out codes.

Touche'

by GrimBrother IV, Tuesday, October 01, 2013, 10:05 (3878 days ago) @ Zero

- No text -

Lots of things happening quickly that I didn't understand

by JDQuackers ⌂ @, McMurray, PA, Tuesday, October 01, 2013, 10:11 (3878 days ago) @ Zero

I can't wait for the Destiny Updates breakdown of this video so that I can understand what I just watched :)

by marmot 1333 @, Tuesday, October 01, 2013, 10:37 (3878 days ago) @ JDQuackers

Haha, I thought the same thing. "Wonder if he's in school today..."

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Tuesday, October 01, 2013, 11:09 (3878 days ago) @ JDQuackers

I can't wait for the Destiny Updates breakdown of this video so that I can understand what I just watched :)

Ever play Final Fantasy VIII? It's just like the Lunar cry!

by Leviathan ⌂, Hotel Zanzibar, Tuesday, October 01, 2013, 11:59 (3878 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Ever play Final Fantasy VIII? It's just like the Lunar cry!

So that means I can use this as my spaceship in Destiny, right?

[image]

MINE!

by Grizzlei ⌂ @, Pacific Cloud Zone, Earth, Tuesday, October 01, 2013, 10:14 (3878 days ago) @ Zero
edited by Grizzlei, Tuesday, October 01, 2013, 10:22

So Earthlings have only been going to Luna for a few hundred years and the Hive has lived there for ions, supposedly, yet we're going to stake our claim to an inhabited alien world. Neat to see the Last City has colonial ambitions!

MINE!

by Quirel, Tuesday, October 01, 2013, 15:59 (3878 days ago) @ Grizzlei

So Earthlings have only been going to Luna for a few hundred years and the Hive has lived there for ions, supposedly,

Yeah, I know, it's weird. You can go anywhere to mine for ions, but they go to Luna? And don't even touch the H3?

yet we're going to stake our claim to an inhabited alien world. Neat to see the Last City has colonial ambitions!

How deep is the character customization in Destiny? Because I totally want my character to look like this:

[image]

Spring 2014, I so called it.

by electricpirate @, Tuesday, October 01, 2013, 10:14 (3878 days ago) @ Zero

If I keep saying shit, I have to be right someday!

Wow, awesome!

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Tuesday, October 01, 2013, 10:51 (3878 days ago) @ electricpirate

I was just playing with the calendar, and an early-winter Beta with a late-Spring final release is similar to the Halo 3 and Reach beta-to-release timetables. I really didn't expect the release that early, but I won't argue! :)

I kind of figured that as well.

by ShadowOfTheVoid ⌂, South Carolina, Tuesday, October 01, 2013, 17:24 (3878 days ago) @ electricpirate

The game looks really polished, and they have official box art already (which usually doesn't come out until a few months before launch). It just seemed likely that it would come out in the first half of the year. I didn't see it being a fall or even summer release, and I've been guessing spring for a while now.

The best fragment for me, by far...

by Leviathan ⌂, Hotel Zanzibar, Tuesday, October 01, 2013, 10:27 (3878 days ago) @ Zero

... was the quick shot of the long-dead, older-style astronaut on the Moon.

The best fragment for me, by far...

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Tuesday, October 01, 2013, 10:30 (3878 days ago) @ Leviathan

... was the quick shot of the long-dead, older-style astronaut on the Moon.

That brief shot said a lot. Loved it.

+1. Wallpaper must be made of it

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Tuesday, October 01, 2013, 18:52 (3878 days ago) @ Leviathan

- No text -

The Moon

by bluerunner @, Music City, Tuesday, October 01, 2013, 10:54 (3878 days ago) @ Zero

I just watched on my crappy phone connection, so I'm definitely looking forward to seeing this at home.

There were a couple of things I was wondering about the moon. Would there be sound, which it appears there is, and would they adjust the gravity for each location? I can't see anything in the trailer that let's me know about gravity.

I'm really looking forward to fighting that big chained up monster. I hope it's as terrifying to fight as it looks (once it breaks its chains).

The Moon

by Leviathan ⌂, Hotel Zanzibar, Tuesday, October 01, 2013, 11:47 (3878 days ago) @ bluerunner

There were a couple of things I was wondering about the moon. Would there be sound, which it appears there is, and would they adjust the gravity for each location? I can't see anything in the trailer that let's me know about gravity.

I think it would be amazing to have low gravity and at least different sounds (like the muted effects in the Saber sequences in Reach), but at the very least, I hope they provide some sort of interesting explanation for why locations are Earth-normal. This is Bungie, so I presume they will...

And if there is an explanation, hopefully it's a localized or temporary effect, to allow for the gravity/air/sound to be turned off for segments of realistic-space fun. Some of my most memorable sequences from Mass Effect were the couple of times I took a 'space walk'. Combine that with Bungie gunplay and it could provide some very neat twists in your run-throughs....

The Moon

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Tuesday, October 01, 2013, 11:06 (3878 days ago) @ Zero

And here we stand, in Spring 2014.

This is a nice surprise.

A very un-Bungie trailer, but I am actually legitimately excited despite my reservations.

Be even more excited with a beta key :-p

Please explain?

by Oholiab @, Tuesday, October 01, 2013, 22:37 (3877 days ago) @ Cody Miller

A very un-Bungie trailer

Would love to hear more about why you say this. Thanks!

And no, I'm not being contentious, just genuinely curious.

The Moon

by PsychoRaven, Oklahoma, Tuesday, October 01, 2013, 11:42 (3878 days ago) @ Zero

Loved that trailer. I just can't freaking wait. I've been quiet but I've been just counting the days. It just can't some soon enough. Thankfully the beta will help make that wait a bit easier.

The Moon

by Jillybean, Tuesday, October 01, 2013, 11:45 (3878 days ago) @ Zero

Liked the bones, liked the dead astronaut, liked the teamwork we saw.

Rest leaving me curiously cold :/

Juuuuuummmmmmpppppp

by GhaleonEB, Tuesday, October 01, 2013, 11:54 (3878 days ago) @ Zero

Someone forgot to include the part where someone does a giant, wonderfully long and floaty jump due to the low gravity when on the surface of the moon.

Sort of like Halo 3 jumps but in Destiny. Low gravity has to be in, right?

Juuuuuummmmmmpppppp

by Blackt1g3r @, Login is from an untrusted domain in MN, Tuesday, October 01, 2013, 11:57 (3878 days ago) @ GhaleonEB

Looks like maybe not, there was a lot of sliding going on on that there moon. I'd think that would work quite differently in low-grav.

Juuuuuummmmmmpppppp

by electricpirate @, Tuesday, October 01, 2013, 23:05 (3877 days ago) @ GhaleonEB

Someone forgot to include the part where someone does a giant, wonderfully long and floaty jump due to the low gravity when on the surface of the moon.

Sort of like Halo 3 jumps but in Destiny. Low gravity has to be in, right?

Well, we do have glides/double jumps in all depravities at least :)

Usable Swords?

by SigbiasSilva @, West Midlands, England, Tuesday, October 01, 2013, 12:21 (3878 days ago) @ Zero

There are some swords in holders in the background of this screenshot, and also wielded by some Hive fella at a certain point in the trailer. I'm guessing with them placed around like that they may be usable? Or if not... keep the enemy away from those spots!

Edit: Or it could be scenery and my excitement is getting the best of me...

I really hope I get into the beta! Exciting stuff!

Usable Swords?

by Grizzlei ⌂ @, Pacific Cloud Zone, Earth, Tuesday, October 01, 2013, 12:25 (3878 days ago) @ SigbiasSilva

The Guardian in the center wears a helmet kinda similar to the Sangheili Ranger from Reach. Neato!

Usable Swords?

by SigbiasSilva @, West Midlands, England, Tuesday, October 01, 2013, 12:29 (3878 days ago) @ SigbiasSilva

No, wait, nevermind... those swords are HUGE.

Scenery for sure. Or for huge foes.

They taunt me with melee weapons

by MrPadraig08 ⌂ @, Steel City, Tuesday, October 01, 2013, 13:34 (3878 days ago) @ SigbiasSilva

- No text -

The Moon

by Malagate @, Sea of Tranquility, Tuesday, October 01, 2013, 12:37 (3878 days ago) @ Zero

Love it.

Might even move my acquisition of an Xbone up a little to play the beta on next gen.

~m

The Mooninites approve.

by ShadowOfTheVoid ⌂, South Carolina, Tuesday, October 01, 2013, 17:18 (3878 days ago) @ Zero

Aliens from the core of the moon? I think Ignignokt and Err would like that. The Hive must have technology far beyond what we could possibly comprehend with 100% of our brains.

The Moon

by shiruken ⌂, Austin, TX, Wednesday, October 02, 2013, 11:06 (3877 days ago) @ Zero

Did the narrator sound familiar to anyone else?

The Moon

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Wednesday, October 02, 2013, 13:06 (3877 days ago) @ shiruken

Did the narrator sound familiar to anyone else?

It's the same voice from the other trailers... There's definitely been a bunch of discussion around who the voice actor could be, though. I don't know if anyone has officially said who it is yet.

The Moon

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Wednesday, October 02, 2013, 14:41 (3877 days ago) @ Beorn

Marty told me but I don't remember his name. It's not Sam Waterson or whoever I said it was. I didn't recognize the name.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread