How hard would it be to add a Dark theme? (DBO)

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Thursday, November 15, 2018, 06:14 (1989 days ago)

I'm slowly trying to convert to dark themes for my applications because I work early mornings and frankly the intensity of the forums is too much. I noticed we have some other themes but I don't know how hard it would be to add more.

FEATURE REQUEST

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Thursday, November 15, 2018, 08:16 (1988 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

- No text -

FEATURE REQUEST

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Thursday, November 15, 2018, 08:25 (1988 days ago) @ Ragashingo

Technically the feature is already there... I just want more content :D

And we all know that adding more content takes very little man hours.

The "Front Page" hasn't been updated in a month.

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Thursday, November 15, 2018, 16:30 (1988 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

[image]

You are not the first to ask this. It's seemingly obvious this place is rarely going to get updated any more, if ever, as there are things to do and Destiny to play. I use Batman to scare away the bright colors in Firefox. There is a Chrome version too, for those of you who hate your ram.

Sorry Cody. Missed your post. Enjoy da hax.

by Claude Errera @, Friday, November 16, 2018, 09:02 (1987 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

It's seemingly obvious this place is rarely going to get updated any more, if ever

Well, this seems pretty unfair, to me. Yes, it's true that the front page has been neglected for a while... but with the exception of yesterday (when I was traveling from 5am local time until 11:30pm local time - gotta love the first snowstorm of the year), the TWAB is localized and archived within a couple of hours of being posted. (Yesterday's is up now.) Any patchnotes are localized and archived within a couple of hours of posting. Our cutscene library is up to date, and of better quality than any other on the internet.

I apologize for the lack of front-page posts; I've been dealing with some personal stuff for the past 6 weeks. I plan to get back to it, though; the idea that you think it's obvious that it'll never be updated again is actually offensive, and I'm not sure what might have given you that idea.

by cheapLEY @, Friday, November 16, 2018, 09:41 (1987 days ago) @ Claude Errera

FWIW I read that as a joke more than a serious statement.

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Friday, November 16, 2018, 10:03 (1987 days ago) @ cheapLEY

And I don't think you should make jokes like that. As a participant on a fan based website, I don't think one should joke like that about how admins keep this place running.

I made an honest request about if something could be improved. I did not make a "joke" disguised as a complaint about a website that is run by guys who are taking time, effort and money to keep this awesome place going.

So, keep up the good work Admins.

by cheapLEY @, Friday, November 16, 2018, 10:32 (1987 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

And I don't think you should make jokes like that. As a participant on a fan based website, I don't think one should joke like that about how admins keep this place running.

I made an honest request about if something could be improved. I did not make a "joke" disguised as a complaint about a website that is run by guys who are taking time, effort and money to keep this awesome place going.

So, keep up the good work Admins.

You’re absolutely correct (and I was clearly wrong anyway). I am totally with you.

I should note.

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Friday, November 16, 2018, 13:25 (1987 days ago) @ cheapLEY

99.8 % of the time, this would be correct. Good fun and all that.

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Friday, November 16, 2018, 09:44 (1987 days ago) @ Claude Errera

It's seemingly obvious this place is rarely going to get updated any more, if ever

Well, this seems pretty unfair, to me. Yes, it's true that the front page has been neglected for a while... but with the exception of yesterday (when I was traveling from 5am local time until 11:30pm local time - gotta love the first snowstorm of the year), the TWAB is localized and archived within a couple of hours of being posted. (Yesterday's is up now.) Any patchnotes are localized and archived within a couple of hours of posting. Our cutscene library is up to date, and of better quality than any other on the internet.

I apologize for the lack of front-page posts; I've been dealing with some personal stuff for the past 6 weeks. I plan to get back to it, though; the idea that you think it's obvious that it'll never be updated again is actually offensive, and I'm not sure what might have given you that idea.

The shutters to the front of the house are crooked, yet I'm aware the owner does care... what am I to think? I don't know your timeline, and it's not my business. I know it's harsh, and I know it's blunt... but it's how I honestly feel from what I observe from my end. I don't question the capacity to care, simply the time those with Admin editing capability have. If it's simply a case of one lone man being out of the loop, so be it. I hope I don't have to tell that it isn't my intent to insult. It gets fixed when it gets fixed. Things get added when they get added. Cool.

if ever, as there are things to do and Destiny to play.

by Claude Errera @, Friday, November 16, 2018, 10:10 (1987 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

The shutters to the front of the house are crooked, yet I'm aware the owner does care... what am I to think? I don't know your timeline, and it's not my business. I know it's harsh, and I know it's blunt... but it's how I honestly feel from what I observe from my end. I don't question the capacity to care, simply the time those with Admin editing capability have. If it's simply a case of one lone man being out of the loop, so be it. I hope I don't have to tell that it isn't my intent to insult. It gets fixed when it gets fixed. Things get added when they get added. Cool.

Not griping at all about your comment that the front page hasn't been updated for a while. That's a totally valid complaint.

I was taking issue with your comment that it's "obvious" that this place isn't going to be updated any more. That's an unfair assessment, not backed up by actual evidence.

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Friday, November 16, 2018, 13:22 (1987 days ago) @ Claude Errera

Not griping at all about your comment that the front page hasn't been updated for a while. That's a totally valid complaint.

I was taking issue with your comment that it's "obvious" that this place isn't going to be updated any more. That's an unfair assessment, not backed up by actual evidence.

The evidence is the pattern that has emerged, yet on that same coin it's not like I've created a docket. What I think I see, I've seen before. It's from a little here and a little there. It starts with familiar names fading from the forum. In the About page, we have ncsuDuncan, mastrbiggy, Leviathan, and so on who haven't posted here in a dogs age yet are Admins(?). I mean they are on the about page, then they must have some importance to this site. At some point someone thought giving Korny that power was a good idea. (:P)

Then we have the constant lulls in updates. Not to be obnoxious, but how long does it take to say - "Yo! Bungie dropped this weeks update Hot! We updated dem Bungie Update Archives too if you prefer that format. Go read it muh peeps!"

That's you Wu. That's how you sound. :P ... lol.

If it was a one off, it's fine. But again and again and again... something is slipping. Yet there has been nothing, no post nor announcement of "hey things are going to be intermittent for abit". Simple. With that said, I find my self asking if I should have made a post asking if everything is ok, but ...eh... water under the bridge.

And finally, I've noticed a change in tone. This is probably the weakest in presentation, but it's what I see. It's like... if something could be deferred, it was. This probably is the most perplexing. There is no one thing I can point to, just... the water feels different. I don't know. It's a feather weight. That +1 push.

In the end its easy to conclude that there is no time to tend to the site, and what we have is what we get. There was no end in sight. It was obvious, as that was the pattern that had emerged.

Alright Wu...

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Saturday, November 17, 2018, 23:11 (1986 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

Oh you're real funny. Ho ho. Ha ha. ...

ಠ‿ಠ

[image]

TL;DR - That shit is lit fam... or whatever. :P

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Saturday, November 17, 2018, 23:14 (1986 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

- No text -

Whatever, indeed. ;)

by Claude Errera @, Sunday, November 18, 2018, 05:52 (1986 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

- No text -

Netcraft confirms it…

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Sunday, November 18, 2018, 11:18 (1985 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

- No text -

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Saturday, November 17, 2018, 09:30 (1986 days ago) @ Claude Errera

Not to mention that other than THAB's, there hasn't really been anything Destiny-related that could be considered newsworthy. Raid boss solos technically still fall under the spoilers category, so that wouldn't be good for the front page; same goes for recent Easter eggs and discoveries; this isn't really a montage crowd(no offense); and when's the last time anyone's written a fanfiction? Just a slow month.

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Friday, November 16, 2018, 09:59 (1987 days ago) @ Claude Errera

We used to have at least a small group of people who would post news? What happened to them? Would adding new people help? I'd love to help out, I'm just not sure anyone will let me...

by Claude Errera @, Friday, November 16, 2018, 10:14 (1987 days ago) @ Ragashingo

We used to have at least a small group of people who would post news? What happened to them? Would adding new people help? I'd love to help out, I'm just not sure anyone will let me...

I'd be happy to add you to the list (as I've been happy to add the last half-dozen+ volunteers to the list).

As with them, you won't hear too much griping from me if you run out of steam along the way - they all have (with the possible exception of Korny, who still posts occasionally). You MIGHT hear griping from other users, though. :)

I don't have any good way of finding the normal welcome letter at the moment (I'm sitting in an apartment with no internet access, and very, very limited cell access; I'm tethered to my phone with one LTE bar right now, and I'm on a brand-new laptop, so I don't have any access to old email archives), but as soon as I can, I'll find that and send it to you.

Thanks for the offer!

I did not know this.

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Friday, November 16, 2018, 13:23 (1987 days ago) @ Claude Errera

- No text -

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Sunday, November 18, 2018, 11:44 (1985 days ago) @ Claude Errera

I'd be happy to add you to the list (as I've been happy to add the last half-dozen+ volunteers to the list).

As with them, you won't hear too much griping from me if you run out of steam along the way - they all have (with the possible exception of Korny, who still posts occasionally). You MIGHT hear griping from other users, though. :)

I don't have any good way of finding the normal welcome letter at the moment (I'm sitting in an apartment with no internet access, and very, very limited cell access; I'm tethered to my phone with one LTE bar right now, and I'm on a brand-new laptop, so I don't have any access to old email archives), but as soon as I can, I'll find that and send it to you.

Thanks for the offer!

I've noticed the lack of updates recently and seriously thought about asking if I could help, but I feel like I've asked several times before over the years, and I don't want to be that guy. I think Raga would do a great job (until the steam runs out as it seems to).

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Sunday, November 18, 2018, 12:03 (1985 days ago) @ Kermit

Thanks for the offer!

I've noticed the lack of updates recently and seriously thought about asking if I could help, but I feel like I've asked several times before over the years, and I don't want to be that guy. I think Raga would do a great job (until the steam runs out as it seems to).

I'll be honest. I never use the frontpage the way I did with HBO. I think we are in a different time now where we easily get news elsewhere. I'd look at the posts for the day on HBO then go to the forums. Now, I just do to the forums here without ever seeing the front page.

IMO it's not a big deal it's not updated.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread