Xbox Blind Team check-in. What is your power level? (Fireteam Builder Events)

by DiscipleN2k @, Edmond, OK, Friday, December 07, 2018, 08:02 (1938 days ago)

RNG finally stopped hosing me last night and I actually managed to get some armor rewards on my Hunter. I can just barely hit 620 with what I hope will be a good loadout. I also still have a Breakneck to redeem and, somehow (according to DIM anyway), I've got a Prime Engram in my postmaster I didn't notice while I was at the tower before signing out last night. I'll be crossing my fingers for a new cape :p

Let me know your earliest start time as well. I can start as early as 5PM Central time.

Thanks for all the work everyone has put into grinding out leveling this week! It's been murder on my sleep schedule, but it's been fun to have an excuse to bury myself in the game this week :)

-Disciple

Xbox Blind Team check-in. What is your power level?

by cheapLEY @, Friday, December 07, 2018, 08:21 (1938 days ago) @ DiscipleN2k

Only having one character pretty much guaranteed this would be impossible. I’m only at 605. I have 2 Gambit weekly bounties I can do for drops, but that’s not going to make any significant difference.

I’m totally willing to bow out.

by DiscipleN2k @, Edmond, OK, Friday, December 07, 2018, 08:57 (1938 days ago) @ cheapLEY

Only having one character pretty much guaranteed this would be impossible. I’m only at 605. I have 2 Gambit weekly bounties I can do for drops, but that’s not going to make any significant difference.

I’m totally willing to bow out.

I definitely don't want to drag you into the raid if you don't want to do it, but I think at least half of the group is in a similar spot so you won't exactly be the weak link. There may only be three of us who have even broken 610. I'm still hoping that will at least be enough to get our foot in the door, clear the first encounter, and give everyone a bit of a level bump.

-Disciple

by cheapLEY @, Friday, December 07, 2018, 09:06 (1938 days ago) @ DiscipleN2k

I’m totally down to give it a shot. Don’t mean to give the impression that I’m not willing. I just know we need someone to step out, and I’m okay being that person—I’m low light and I do have other stuff I can do. If I’m not the lowest light or have better availability, I’m ready to go in there. I just don’t want to force anyone else out of the raid when I’m totally okay with stepping aside.

I guess we’ll figure it out when we see where everyone else is at.

As for scheduling—

I’ll be around by 7 central tonight. I have lunch plans tomorrow but will be around by 2 central. Free all day Sunday.

by ChrisTheeCrappy, Friday, December 07, 2018, 08:52 (1938 days ago) @ DiscipleN2k

RNG finally stopped hosing me last night and I actually managed to get some armor rewards on my Hunter. I can just barely hit 620 with what I hope will be a good loadout. I also still have a Breakneck to redeem and, somehow (according to DIM anyway), I've got a Prime Engram in my postmaster I didn't notice while I was at the tower before signing out last night. I'll be crossing my fingers for a new cape :p

Let me know your earliest start time as well. I can start as early as 5PM Central time.

Thanks for all the work everyone has put into grinding out leveling this week! It's been murder on my sleep schedule, but it's been fun to have an excuse to bury myself in the game this week :)

-Disciple

Hunter - 614 - Just Weekly Gambit BOUNTY left (and Forge)
titan - 616 - Just 2 Weekly Gambit BOUNTY and RAID left (and FORge)
Warlock - 608 - Just about everything left.

Do have some pinnacles but still need GAMES, so prob won't have time.

My plan is to work on the Warlock when I get home, or do Forge. But I can be ready at 6pm EST (just at 616). The 8pm EST start time would be better though.

It was a fun grind, I just wish the Forge didn't waste my time so much (maybe spent 3 hours in it, without every winning). And the issues last night (total of 10 different error codes, prob 3 hours of flying to be booted before I could do anything). Def need to understand the best way to level for next DLC, so I can be more efficient on it.

by squidnh3, Friday, December 07, 2018, 08:58 (1938 days ago) @ DiscipleN2k

I'm at 614 on my lonely Hunter with around 6 more drops possible today. It's currently a pretty crappy loadout though, but whatever.

I can start at your earliest time, but wouldn't have time to get the extra drops. I'd be fully ready to go by 8 EST.

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Friday, December 07, 2018, 09:59 (1938 days ago) @ squidnh3

About where cheapley is but have most of the afternoon to keep working. Ready by 7 EST or earlier if need be. Definitely by 8 EST.

by bluerunner @, Music City, Friday, December 07, 2018, 10:34 (1938 days ago) @ DiscipleN2k

614 but I have at least 8 drops left to do. I suspect I will end up in the 615-620 range.

575... should be good to go!

by Oholiab @, Friday, December 07, 2018, 12:06 (1938 days ago) @ DiscipleN2k

- No text -

I like the cut of your jib.

by ManKitten, The Stugotz is strong in me., Friday, December 07, 2018, 12:22 (1938 days ago) @ Oholiab

- No text -

by Chappy, Arlington, VA., Friday, December 07, 2018, 12:13 (1938 days ago) @ DiscipleN2k

Good luck tonight, guys! I can't watch your stream since I'm running blind tomorrow, but it'd be nice to get a spoiler-free update on progress.

FWIW, my secondary character is 621 and I'm starting my Titan's power grind tonight.

-Chappy

by DiscipleN2k @, Edmond, OK, Friday, December 07, 2018, 12:36 (1938 days ago) @ Chappy

FWIW, my secondary character is 621 and I'm starting my Titan's power grind tonight.

-Chappy

Nice! Did you have saved IB bounties or did raid runs on each character help that much? I managed to get my 2nd character to 618 before starting the third, but got completely boned on rewards. Of my first 11+ powerful rewards, only four were armor and one was a duplicate that dropped one point lower than the one I had just gotten. I guess those four exotics (three of which were Celestial Nighthawks) I got on Monday used all of my RNG luck :p

-Disciple

by Chappy, Arlington, VA., Friday, December 07, 2018, 13:01 (1938 days ago) @ DiscipleN2k

Nice! Did you have saved IB bounties or did raid runs on each character help that much? I managed to get my 2nd character to 618 before starting the third, but got completely boned on rewards. Of my first 11+ powerful rewards, only four were armor and one was a duplicate that dropped one point lower than the one I had just gotten. I guess those four exotics (three of which were Celestial Nighthawks) I got on Monday used all of my RNG luck :p

I've been lucky enough to have a mostly balanced drop rate between armor and weapons. Still plenty of duplicate slots and low-power weapon drops on the secondary, but enough armor dropping to continue progress (the Hunter initially topped out at 11, the Warlock at 21, and the Hunter is up to 14 now due to the Warlock's weapon increases).

I only had 3 bounties saved from last week per character - each one had last week's Gambit and Spider bounties completed, and a previous raid challenge bounty completed as well. I did do the raid on all characters this week, so that's a total of 8 extra drops per character over what someone could do without preparation or a raid.

My raid fire team is also all holding onto 3-5 riven keys. Everyone is getting as high as possible as they can before tomorrow, and the first thing we'll do when we start is run the final encounter of Last Wish for some extra drops when we're all as high as we can go.

by DiscipleN2k @, Edmond, OK, Friday, December 07, 2018, 13:21 (1938 days ago) @ Chappy

My raid fire team is also all holding onto 3-5 riven keys. Everyone is getting as high as possible as they can before tomorrow, and the first thing we'll do when we start is run the final encounter of Last Wish for some extra drops when we're all as high as we can go.

Nice! Will keep my fingers crossed for Thousand Voices for the lot of ya!

-Disciple

by Chappy, Arlington, VA., Friday, December 07, 2018, 13:24 (1938 days ago) @ Chappy

Did you have saved IB bounties...?

This season reset tells us a lot about how we can prepare for the next one after you reach max light:

• If you have the Dreaming City Ghost, complete and hold onto each Ascendant Challenge bounty (6 per character) and then you can stop doing those. Note that you'll need to keep doing the Blind Well every max curse week to earn the lore.
  • Once you've gotten the related triumphs, the exotic bow, and the Dreaming City ship, you can stop running Shattered Throne.
  • Once you've earned the related triumphs, complete and hold onto each Spider bounty on each character.
  • Once you've earned the related triumphs and armor/weapons, complete and hold onto each Iron Bounty on each character.
  • Once you've earned the related triumphs, complete and hold onto each raid challenge bounty on each character. I think the recent change lets you pick up and complete a bounty on characters that already completed it in the past.
  • In the weeks leading up to a level increase, complete and hold onto the weekly Gambit bounty on each character.
  • Finally, complete (but don't turn in) certain exotic weapon quests on characters that haven't completed it yet: Ace of Spades, Chaperone, Malfeasance. Polaris Lance and Sleeper are capped at 380, so don't bother with those.

by DiscipleN2k @, Edmond, OK, Friday, December 07, 2018, 14:13 (1938 days ago) @ Chappy

Polaris Lance and Sleeper are capped at 380, so don't bother with those.

Heh. Yeah, I tried this one since I was pretty close to finishing it on one of my characters.

Also, it was probably common sense but I learned the hard way, you can occasionally get exotics from redeeming Simulation Seeds on Mercury...but they're capped at 600. I bought enough seeds from Spider last night to get kicked for inactivity while still buying seeds. I ended up with a little over 5,000 seeds to turn in and got a 600 Huckleberry (and some enhancement cores, I guess) for the trouble.

-Disciple

Exactly the number I said I would be ;D

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Friday, December 07, 2018, 13:08 (1938 days ago) @ DiscipleN2k
edited by INSANEdrive, Friday, December 07, 2018, 13:15

615. I might be able to push a bit more... but... play by ear. ^_^

by DiscipleN2k @, Edmond, OK, Friday, December 07, 2018, 13:24 (1938 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

Rock on! What time do you think you'll be able to jump in tonight? We won't drop into the new raid until 7 Central, but if we get enough people on early enough, we could try snagging a few more powerful drops with a T4 Blind Well, both forges (assuming the 2nd forge's power level isn't significantly higher), and possibly a quick-ish Last Wish raid run.

-Disciple

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Friday, December 07, 2018, 13:59 (1938 days ago) @ DiscipleN2k

Rock on! What time do you think you'll be able to jump in tonight? We won't drop into the new raid until 7 Central, but if we get enough people on early enough, we could try snagging a few more powerful drops with a T4 Blind Well, both forges (assuming the 2nd forge's power level isn't significantly higher), and possibly a quick-ish Last Wish raid run.

-Disciple

I may be able to be on by that time.

by CougRon, Auburn, WA, USA, Friday, December 07, 2018, 15:41 (1938 days ago) @ DiscipleN2k

Won’t be anywhere close to ready in case you were looking at me. Haven’t been able to play much unfortunately.

Here we go! Streaming now!

by DiscipleN2k @, Edmond, OK, Friday, December 07, 2018, 17:24 (1938 days ago) @ DiscipleN2k

Wait, how was 'Bluerunner' already taken?

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Saturday, December 08, 2018, 09:11 (1937 days ago) @ DiscipleN2k

- No text -

Wait, how was 'Bluerunner' already taken?

by bluerunner @, Music City, Saturday, December 08, 2018, 09:22 (1937 days ago) @ Korny

Back when I thought about picking up a PS4 I saw it was already taken on PSN.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread