Can we have torn, frayed, travel stained cloaks? (Destiny)

by scarab @, Friday, October 04, 2013, 05:33 (3867 days ago)

for those who spend a lot of time in the wilderness.

So far, everyone looks like their Mom makes sure they never leave the house without clean clothes on.

I want that: he-hasn't-washed-in-some-time-but-nobody-dare-say-anything-about-it look. (Which for me isn't status quo: honest!)

Can we have torn, frayed, travel stained cloaks?

by Hyokin, New York, Friday, October 04, 2013, 05:47 (3867 days ago) @ scarab

That would be brilliant!

I love that sort of "worn, but efficent" feel.

Big purple cloaks would be awesome too.

With a giant white "H" on them. :D

Can we have torn, frayed, travel stained cloaks?

by Hedge ⌂, Australia, Friday, October 04, 2013, 06:28 (3867 days ago) @ scarab

Um...

[image]

-Hedge

Glorious, tattered cloaks here ^

by JDQuackers ⌂ @, McMurray, PA, Friday, October 04, 2013, 08:32 (3867 days ago) @ Hedge

- No text -

I wonder if shop keeps will sell them pre-tattered

by MrPadraig08 ⌂ @, Steel City, Friday, October 04, 2013, 08:34 (3867 days ago) @ JDQuackers

- No text -

Shop keepers? Bah!

by JDQuackers ⌂ @, McMurray, PA, Friday, October 04, 2013, 09:49 (3867 days ago) @ MrPadraig08

I plan on obtaining my tattered cloak from the lifeless body of one of my enemies. It will be riddled with bullet holes from my furious anger that I unleash upon them, and their tattered clothe remnants shall be my trophy.

I think you misunderstand Paddy

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Friday, October 04, 2013, 10:02 (3867 days ago) @ JDQuackers

I plan on obtaining my tattered cloak from the lifeless body of one of my enemies. It will be riddled with bullet holes from my furious anger that I unleash upon them, and their tattered clothe remnants shall be my trophy.

If Paddy and I are thinking alike, he will be unleashing the energy of our sun upon his foes, evaporating their very souls in a brilliant conflagration of plasma and flame. There won't be any cloaks left when he's through with them.

So he has to shop at Cloaks-R-Us for all his Guardian needs.

I want acid wash cloaks

by MrPadraig08 ⌂ @, Steel City, Friday, October 04, 2013, 10:07 (3867 days ago) @ Beorn

- No text -

I think you misunderstand Paddy

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Friday, October 04, 2013, 10:07 (3867 days ago) @ Beorn

If Paddy and I are thinking alike, he will be unleashing the energy of our sun upon his foes, evaporating their very souls in a brilliant conflagration of plasma and flame. There won't be any cloaks left when he's through with them.

So he has to shop at Cloaks-R-Us for all his Guardian needs.

Fun aside - I am totally expecting a Cloaks-R-Us In Destiny. SHOPPING! XD

.... D:

I want LCSE

by MrPadraig08 ⌂ @, Steel City, Friday, October 04, 2013, 10:10 (3867 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

Last City Stock Exchange. Guns are up, sell high!

That's how you should pick up the best weapons...

by scarab @, Friday, October 04, 2013, 13:02 (3866 days ago) @ JDQuackers

- No text -

Shop keepers? Bah!

by Quirel, Saturday, October 05, 2013, 09:04 (3866 days ago) @ JDQuackers

Sounds like a good idea for me. The only problem is that if there's a flamethrower in the game, cloaks are going to be VERY hard for me to obtain. Or be made of asbestos.

That's better!

by scarab @, Friday, October 04, 2013, 13:08 (3866 days ago) @ Hedge

- No text -

It would be cool if...

by MrPadraig08 ⌂ @, Steel City, Friday, October 04, 2013, 07:11 (3867 days ago) @ scarab

you didn't take care of your cloak and opted to sneak through mud and thickets all the time, your cloak and suit would gain damage and a frayed look to it.

It would be cool if...

by Hedge ⌂, Australia, Friday, October 04, 2013, 07:39 (3867 days ago) @ MrPadraig08

I find it interesting that the Hunter's cloak is frayed from (I guess) all of the sliding. You can even see the dirt around where the Hunter ass-slides. Yet the others look salon fresh.

-Hedge. As a run-away type player, I expect to look so fresh and so clean.

You'll always be clean if you hide in clean bathrooms

by MrPadraig08 ⌂ @, Steel City, Friday, October 04, 2013, 07:44 (3867 days ago) @ Hedge

But those went extinct with the Fall of Man

It would be cool if...

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Friday, October 04, 2013, 09:58 (3867 days ago) @ Hedge

-Hedge. As a run-away type player, I expect to look so fresh and so clean.

... this made more sense. Would't you be. . . less. . .?

You know what. You're right. I'm not even going think about it.

[image]

Alternatively...

by Quirel, Friday, October 04, 2013, 08:32 (3867 days ago) @ scarab

Can we have torn, frayed, travel stained towels?

Alternatively...

by scarab @, Friday, October 04, 2013, 13:00 (3866 days ago) @ Quirel

With edible crusty stains on them.

Ew, that sounded more gross than it was in the book.

Oh, great...

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Friday, October 04, 2013, 18:03 (3866 days ago) @ Quirel

Now I want towels which you can lick breakfast off of in Destiny. Like Far Cry's healing system.

OMG

I started this post as joke. Not so much now.

Will there be corpses? Can Exos use Vex parts?

by scarab @, Saturday, October 05, 2013, 00:26 (3866 days ago) @ ZackDark

We've seen the skeletons in the cars but will we come across sites of ancient battles? Will the exotic weapons be beside fallen ancients - their valiant last stand to hold a locked door - to let loved ones reach the final rocket.

We pick up the shotgun that slipped from their cold fingers - urrr and help ourselves to their crusty towels with life saving antibiotic fungi growing in patchy stains on the aforementioned items. And nourishing Burrito stains (or maybe pirozhki stains). ;-)

I wonder if we can loot enemy corpses? I want a necklace made of brassy Vex knuckles.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread