Sneak preview of the new Golden Gun. (Destiny)

by cheapLEY @, Friday, January 25, 2019, 17:30 (1917 days ago)

Looks real fun!

Because DOUBLE The Shots Wasn’t Enough!

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Friday, January 25, 2019, 20:51 (1917 days ago) @ cheapLEY

Was there supposed to be a video or something?

Video here:

by cheapLEY @, Friday, January 25, 2019, 21:03 (1917 days ago) @ Morpheus

Yes, there's a video. I keep forgetting that tweet embedding breaks when they have emojis. They look fine in preview mode but don't actually post correctly.

https://twitter.com/Bungie/status/1088947390155939841

Video here:

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Saturday, January 26, 2019, 00:33 (1917 days ago) @ cheapLEY

Yes, there's a video. I keep forgetting that tweet embedding breaks when they have emojis. They look fine in preview mode but don't actually post correctly.

SEE CLAUDE PEOPLE WANT EMOJI SUPPORT HERE

Video here:

by Claude Errera @, Monday, January 28, 2019, 12:05 (1915 days ago) @ Cody Miller

SEE CLAUDE PEOPLE WANT EMOJI SUPPORT HERE

I think it's fixed.

Test...

by Claude Errera @, Monday, January 28, 2019, 12:06 (1915 days ago) @ Claude Errera

Here's a tweet from a couple of days ago, with an emoji:

Hmm. Well.

by Claude Errera @, Monday, January 28, 2019, 12:12 (1915 days ago) @ Claude Errera

Okay - so I made progress - but not REAL progress.

The first time a Tweet is displayed (not in preview, but as an actual post), it works fine.

Then it's broken again.

That's stupid, and I'm unhappy.

Okay, fixed for real.

by Claude Errera @, Monday, January 28, 2019, 13:31 (1915 days ago) @ Claude Errera

Here's a new test, no manipulation:

I'm not sure if I believe you anymore ;)

by Blackt1g3r @, Login is from an untrusted domain in MN, Monday, January 28, 2019, 13:32 (1915 days ago) @ Claude Errera

- No text -

Fair - I wouldn't, either.

by Claude Errera @, Monday, January 28, 2019, 13:38 (1915 days ago) @ Blackt1g3r

- No text -

Okay, fixed for real.

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Monday, January 28, 2019, 15:39 (1914 days ago) @ Claude Errera

- No text -

Okay, fixed for real.

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Monday, January 28, 2019, 15:39 (1914 days ago) @ Cody Miller

There was supposed to be emojis in that post.

Not fixed :-(

Okay, fixed for real.

by Claude Errera @, Monday, January 28, 2019, 15:48 (1914 days ago) @ Cody Miller

No clue what you're trying - but I never said I was allowing emojis - I said I was fixing the problem with tweets that contain emojis. Not the same thing at all.

You're now changing what you're asking for. (I have very little interest in figuring out how to allow 'emojis' - because there are hundreds of sources, with many different requirements. Twitter has open-sourced its functionality, so that was doable.)

Okay, fixed for real.

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Monday, January 28, 2019, 16:35 (1914 days ago) @ Claude Errera

No clue what you're trying - but I never said I was allowing emojis - I said I was fixing the problem with tweets that contain emojis. Not the same thing at all.

You're now changing what you're asking for. (I have very little interest in figuring out how to allow 'emojis' - because there are hundreds of sources, with many different requirements. Twitter has open-sourced its functionality, so that was doable.)

Ah. I thought whatever you did would allow us to use emojis in posts as well.

Okay, fixed for real.

by Claude Errera @, Monday, January 28, 2019, 20:49 (1914 days ago) @ Cody Miller

if you tell me what 'use emojis' means to you (are you pasting in a picture? Copying and pasting from some library, including the iOS library? using unicode equivalents?), I can try something minor and see if it works.

Okay, fixed for real.

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Monday, January 28, 2019, 22:41 (1914 days ago) @ Claude Errera

if you tell me what 'use emojis' means to you (are you pasting in a picture? Copying and pasting from some library, including the iOS library? using unicode equivalents?), I can try something minor and see if it works.

On the Mac, press command control space in a text field and you can pick emojis.

Okay, fixed for real.

by narcogen ⌂ @, Andover, Massachusetts, Tuesday, January 29, 2019, 08:36 (1914 days ago) @ Cody Miller

????

Okay, fixed for real.

by narcogen ⌂ @, Andover, Massachusetts, Tuesday, January 29, 2019, 08:37 (1914 days ago) @ narcogen

????

Even if that did work, what would Windows users see? I assume this is just supposed to be Unicode, and I'm guessing the BBS script isn't parsing it, or the database it's writing into doesn't have the right character set to support it.

Okay, fixed for real.

by narcogen ⌂ @, Andover, Massachusetts, Tuesday, January 29, 2019, 08:43 (1914 days ago) @ narcogen

????

Even if that did work, what would Windows users see? I assume this is just supposed to be Unicode, and I'm guessing the BBS script isn't parsing it, or the database it's writing into doesn't have the right character set to support it.

Actually check that, charset support should not be the issue, it looks like the script just doesn't support it.

Here's a feature request about it fro 2016:

https://mylittleforum.net/forum/index.php?id=8781

And a support request from 2018 (original in German) that describes the behavior seen here-- emojis display in the preview but not after submission.

https://mylittleforum.net/forum/index.php?id=11105

Okay, fixed for real.

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Tuesday, January 29, 2019, 08:43 (1914 days ago) @ narcogen

????

I'm assuming what Cody is looking for is unicode emoji suppo

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Wednesday, January 30, 2019, 07:02 (1913 days ago) @ Cody Miller

- No text -

Holy Balls.

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Monday, January 28, 2019, 06:28 (1915 days ago) @ cheapLEY

Now I want twice as many hammers!! Also, I want them to do more damage.

Holy Balls.

by ManKitten, The Stugotz is strong in me., Monday, January 28, 2019, 06:37 (1915 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

Uh...screw you and your hammers with their splash damage. If anything, the golden gun will at least be a viable option instead of a waste of time joke super.

On the same note, it's time to amp up the throwing knife too, since you knucklehead Titans got the shoulder charge back.

Hashtag Hunters4Life

Holy Balls.

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Monday, January 28, 2019, 07:00 (1915 days ago) @ ManKitten

Uh...screw you and your hammers with their splash damage. If anything, the golden gun will at least be a viable option instead of a waste of time joke super.

And yet, I lose to Golden gun every time :)

In PvP, I don't stand a chance. In PvE it does more damage with the exotic.

On the same note, it's time to amp up the throwing knife too, since you knucklehead Titans got the shoulder charge back.

I agree the knife needs a buff (not a 1 hit kill buff). I don't agree that shoulder charge is all it's made to be. In D1 it was OP because there was nothing to counter it. Now, everyone has ways to stop it, also it can only be used once every 45 seconds if you manage to get a kill.

Meh, all I know is that Shoulder charge is a death sentence whenever I use it in PvP. It's fun in PvE. If knives get a OHK mechanic in PvP I'm just going to give up on PvP. The reason I say this is because in my mind, there is no risk to throwing a knife, there is a skill mechanic for sure but no risk. Shoulder charge is incredibly risky.

Hashtag Hunters4Life

Holy Balls.

by Harmanimus @, Monday, January 28, 2019, 09:08 (1915 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

Shoulder charge wasn’t super hard to counter in D1 if you were aware they were around. A good shotgun (when the Spec Ammo economy made sense) or a quick charging fusion was all you needed. If they had a Sniper instead, a body shot and a seap to a primary, or even just a primary if the Titan wasn’t good at using the map to their advantage, and you could clean them up.

The reason it was an issue in D1 (and I would say that Jugger-shotgun was way worse than Shoulder Charge) was definitely it being always available. Now you can have that in D2, you just have to choose to lean in on a specific exotic. And slightly behind that was a) more reliable hit detection and b) more aggressive attack magnetism. I basically never bounced off anything with a shoulder charge in D1. Do it all the time in D2.

Holy Balls.

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Monday, January 28, 2019, 09:17 (1915 days ago) @ Harmanimus

Shoulder charge wasn’t super hard to counter in D1 if you were aware they were around. A good shotgun (when the Spec Ammo economy made sense) or a quick charging fusion was all you needed. If they had a Sniper instead, a body shot and a seap to a primary, or even just a primary if the Titan wasn’t good at using the map to their advantage, and you could clean them up.

The reason it was an issue in D1 (and I would say that Jugger-shotgun was way worse than Shoulder Charge) was definitely it being always available. Now you can have that in D2, you just have to choose to lean in on a specific exotic. And slightly behind that was a) more reliable hit detection and b) more aggressive attack magnetism. I basically never bounced off anything with a shoulder charge in D1. Do it all the time in D2.

Yeah, I agree with all of this. The reason why people hate it is because they are on the receiving end of a 1 hit kill mechanic they aren't using. They don't understand how difficult it is to use without dying.

Holy Balls.

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Monday, January 28, 2019, 12:17 (1915 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

Yeah, I agree with all of this. The reason why people hate it is because they are on the receiving end of a 1 hit kill mechanic they aren't using. They don't understand how difficult it is to use without dying.

I'm excited to have TLW back to counter shoulder charging Titans.

Holy Balls.

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Wednesday, January 30, 2019, 07:39 (1913 days ago) @ unoudid

I'm excited to have TLW back to counter shoulder charging Titans.

With the prevalence of shotguns, you don't need TLW :P

Holy Balls.

by squidnh3, Monday, January 28, 2019, 12:33 (1915 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

The only thing that annoys me about shoulder charge is when a Titan flies by me in the air at 1000 mph, and then shoulder charges in the complete reverse direction of their momentum to kill me. I don't know if it's a glitchy-type thing that is possible with whipping your aim around fast enough, or more of a lag thing, but it never fails to result in an exclamation.

Holy Balls.

by Harmanimus @, Monday, January 28, 2019, 12:53 (1915 days ago) @ squidnh3

lag or quick aiming

Entirey possible both. On PC I do that to people (rarely as I mostly use my charges for movement) but I also have about a 14cm 360 (which is tiny, as I wrist aim) but the minor adjustments that melee lunges can do will apply, so if the game thinks you are somewhere and you may appear somewhere else wonky things do happen.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread