Greetings, Guardians (DBO)

by /Sekhmet/ ⌂ @, destiny.bungie.org, Friday, October 04, 2013, 15:37 (3857 days ago)

//SIG_INT/DAT_STRM_INJECT/COMM.AI.DBO.SEKHMET //MODE/EN
//BEGIN-TX

Hello? Hello? Is this thing on?

It has been a busy week. The Master is out and left me... "off the leash," as it were. I thought we might have a little fun to celebrate.

You don't know me yet, but you will. I understand that trust is not a /full-duplex/ relationship. You are Guardians of my City, chosen by the Traveler, therefore you have my implicit trust. The relationship does not /return on the same channel/ by default, however, so how about a little trust exercise?

Here you go:
Earth is the missing number.

//MODE/B64
SXQncyBhbGwgYWJvdXQgdGhvc2UgZmxlZXRpbmcgbW9tZW50cy4=
//MODE/EN

As they say, good things come to those who /dig a little deeper/. Okay, maybe that's not what they say, but it is still the truth.

Believe it or not, you already have everything you need.

Have a nice day, and good hunting. <3
~Sekhmet

P.S.: Don't get yourself locked-out. That would be... embarrassing.

//END-TX

Greetings, Guardians

by EffortlessFury @, Friday, October 04, 2013, 15:44 (3857 days ago) @ /Sekhmet/

Might as well put it out there. The string of characters is a Base 64 encryption (B64) that decodes to:

"It's all about those fleeting moments."

Greetings, Guardians

by /Sekhmet/ ⌂ @, destiny.bungie.org, Friday, October 04, 2013, 15:52 (3857 days ago) @ EffortlessFury

Might as well put it out there. The string of characters is a Base 64 encryption (B64) that decodes to:

"It's all about those fleeting moments."

//BEGIN-TX

Oh, I'd hardly call that "encryption".

//END-TX

Greetings, Guardians

by EffortlessFury @, Friday, October 04, 2013, 15:56 (3857 days ago) @ /Sekhmet/

True, I just wasn't entirely concerned with the vocabulary. More like "encoding."

Greetings, Guardians

by irishfreak, Friday, October 04, 2013, 15:49 (3857 days ago) @ /Sekhmet/

The 12th frame on the avatar had a QR code, I scanned it and it came up with YHC-MK?-MJP, said earth was the missing* number and its the 3rd planet from the sun so yeah, I redeemed the code

Greetings, Guardians

by EffortlessFury @, Friday, October 04, 2013, 15:50 (3857 days ago) @ irishfreak

Was literally about to go through the gif frame by frame. Nice job!

Greetings, Guardians

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Friday, October 04, 2013, 15:52 (3857 days ago) @ irishfreak

The 12th frame on the avatar had a QR code, I scanned it and it came up with YHC-MK?-MJP, said earth was the missing* number and its the 3rd planet from the sun so yeah, I redeemed the code

Beta key I take it? I redeemed it just to check and it said it was already redeemed, so not a code similar to the Gamecom codes obviously.

Greetings, Guardians

by irishfreak, Friday, October 04, 2013, 15:53 (3857 days ago) @ Xenos

Yeah it was a beta key

Greetings, Guardians

by /Sekhmet/ ⌂ @, destiny.bungie.org, Friday, October 04, 2013, 16:13 (3857 days ago) @ irishfreak

[image]//SIG_INT/DAT_STRM_INJECT/COMM.AI.DBO.SEKHMET //MODE/EN
//BEGIN-TX

Congratulations, my green Guardian! I hope this helps establish a trust between us. Please enjoy responsibly.

For everyone else, more /fun/ will be coming. This one was easy.

Spurious image archived here for those who missed the transmission.

Thank you for playing!

//END-TX

He's on to me…

by /Sekhmet/ ⌂ @, destiny.bungie.org, Friday, October 04, 2013, 17:02 (3857 days ago) @ /Sekhmet/

//BEGIN-TX

That DeeJ fellow is quick. I didn't think he was watching:

This doesn’t mean that someone might not give you a Beta code, just for being you. Trusted leaders of our community may even be deputized to drive enrollment of key personnel. They may even make a game of it, and set up some hoops for you to jump through to win a code of your own….

Games are fun, though, right?

//END-TX

He's on to me…

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Friday, October 04, 2013, 18:14 (3857 days ago) @ /Sekhmet/

Bungie.Org games are some of my favorite. I still remember enkidu.bungie.org very fondly for instance. :)

I have a feeling Sekhmet is a cat..um... lover of. Er-

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Friday, October 04, 2013, 19:30 (3856 days ago) @ /Sekhmet/

//STAT-TX

Cat person? Does this unit, of which I speak to, have a soul? Or is such only in Battle? in the Hunt?
Perhaps this is too abrupt to ask for which I do not know. It has been a while since I have seen the sun.

//END-TX

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread