Is this not common knowledge? (Destiny)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Saturday, February 16, 2019, 06:47 (1896 days ago)

With the Tangled shore being this week’s flashpoint, I did some public events there for the first time in ages.

While participating in several Cryo-pod events with Blueberries, I noticed that I was the only one ever throwing the charges into the Pod. Everyone else would throw them at the escaped prisoner. Both methods work, of course. But if you activate the Heroic event by throwing charges into the pod, the ground around the frozen prisoner thaws instantly, so you can stand there right away without taking damage.

Is there some advantage to throwing the charges at the prisoner that I’m missing, or are people not aware that throwing charges into the pod is a thing?

Is this not common knowledge?

by cheapLEY @, Saturday, February 16, 2019, 07:44 (1896 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

I did not know you could throw the charges at the pod.

me either

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Saturday, February 16, 2019, 08:02 (1896 days ago) @ cheapLEY

- No text -

by narcogen ⌂ @, Andover, Massachusetts, Sunday, February 17, 2019, 06:55 (1895 days ago) @ cheapLEY

I did not know you could throw the charges at the pod.

Me neither. Never seen anyone do it, either-- at least, nothing I ever interpreted as seeing anyone do that deliberately.

Wait? What?!

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Saturday, February 16, 2019, 07:53 (1896 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

- No text -

I had no idea!

by breitzen @, Kansas, Saturday, February 16, 2019, 09:01 (1896 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

- No text -

O_O

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Saturday, February 16, 2019, 09:28 (1896 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

- No text -

This is not common knowledge.

by Claude Errera @, Saturday, February 16, 2019, 10:09 (1896 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

When you say "into the pod", do you mean into the burst-open door he jumped out of, or back into the cubbies you pulled them from, or something else?

I have never seen anyone doing this, and I had no clue at all that you could throw them anywhere but at him.

You learn something new every day. :)

Yes, into the open pod door

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Saturday, February 16, 2019, 12:11 (1896 days ago) @ Claude Errera

- No text -

HAL

by Vortech @, A Fourth Wheel, Monday, February 18, 2019, 15:04 (1894 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

- No text -

Don't think I can do that

by narcogen ⌂ @, Andover, Massachusetts, Monday, February 18, 2019, 18:19 (1894 days ago) @ Vortech

- No text -

Apparently Not!

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Saturday, February 16, 2019, 10:14 (1896 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

Smart find! Most people try to just kill him outright, so it's rare to even trigger a Heroic, but that does make it sound a lot easier. I'll probably still do the boss freeze since I main Riskrunner and the coolant gives me Bottomless Clip, but that tidbit is some mighty good info.

you can throw them into the pod?!

by Oholiab @, Saturday, February 16, 2019, 12:28 (1896 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

I did not now this!

i know what I’m doing tonight

by CougRon, Auburn, WA, USA, Monday, February 18, 2019, 14:54 (1894 days ago) @ Oholiab

- No text -

by Fantom ⌂, Chicago, Illinois, Saturday, February 16, 2019, 12:40 (1896 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

Done the PE a million times never knew you could do that.

Hol up

by FyreWulff, Tuesday, February 19, 2019, 02:21 (1894 days ago) @ Fantom

Yeah, this is new to me. I've literally never heard of or have witness someone throwing them into the pod.

Hol up

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Tuesday, February 19, 2019, 07:19 (1893 days ago) @ FyreWulff

I don't believe that I have, either. Though it's possible that, since I had already learned that the heroic trigger was throwing them at the boss (as far as I knew) I would have written off any shots which didn't hit them as misses, and not considered that someone was intentionally throwing them somewhere else. And even if by some chance one of those "misses" triggered the heroic version, I probably would have just chalked it up to lag - like they missed from my perspective, but I'd just seen a lag ghost.

Hol up

by ManKitten, The Stugotz is strong in me., Tuesday, February 19, 2019, 09:55 (1893 days ago) @ stabbim

I don't believe that I have, either. Though it's possible that, since I had already learned that the heroic trigger was throwing them at the boss (as far as I knew) I would have written off any shots which didn't hit them as misses, and not considered that someone was intentionally throwing them somewhere else. And even if by some chance one of those "misses" triggered the heroic version, I probably would have just chalked it up to lag - like they missed from my perspective, but I'd just seen a lag ghost.

So has anyone tried this to confirm it works?

Doesn't the pod offer 2 orbs at a time, but the super only needs to be hit with 2 to trigger the event. Is it possible that while you throw one orb into the pod, the second orb is being thrown at the boss by a blueberry?

I'm not TRYING to be skeptical, it just seems really weird that throwing them into the pod would be a fundamentally equal plan, in regards to the event task.

I always figured we got two chances in each attack round in case you miss when throwing it at the boss. Being able to throw it into the pod seems ridiculously easy.

Hol up. * edit*

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Tuesday, February 19, 2019, 10:27 (1893 days ago) @ ManKitten
edited by CruelLEGACEY, Tuesday, February 19, 2019, 10:33

So has anyone tried this to confirm it works?

Doesn't the pod offer 2 orbs at a time, but the super only needs to be hit with 2 to trigger the event. Is it possible that while you throw one orb into the pod, the second orb is being thrown at the boss by a blueberry?

I'm not TRYING to be skeptical, it just seems really weird that throwing them into the pod would be a fundamentally equal plan, in regards to the event task.

I always figured we got two chances in each attack round in case you miss when throwing it at the boss. Being able to throw it into the pod seems ridiculously easy.

I’ve solo’d it several times... it works:)

I should clarify... I believe it takes 3 orbs into the pod to trigger the event.

Takes 3 on boss too

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Tuesday, February 19, 2019, 13:28 (1893 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

As soon as you remove the last orb from the pod it also thaws the floor.

Hol up

by FyreWulff, Tuesday, February 19, 2019, 13:30 (1893 days ago) @ ManKitten

It's theoretically possible this is actually a bug, and a duplicate hitbox for the boss remains in the pod door even after they animate out of it.

That makes a lot of sense to me *NM*

by marmot 1333 @, Tuesday, February 19, 2019, 14:19 (1893 days ago) @ FyreWulff

- No text -

Here’s a video

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Tuesday, February 19, 2019, 13:22 (1893 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

https://xboxdvr.com/gamer/nevindouglas/video/69696691

I was wrong about one detail... throwing the orbs into the pod didn’t negate the damage effect on the floor, as I thought it would. That seems to be tied to doing something with the 4th orb.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread