About to stream a solo Shattered Throne run (Destiny)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Wednesday, February 20, 2019, 17:28 (1893 days ago)

Hoping to go flawless, but failing that I’ll still aim for a completion:

Mixer.com/nevindouglas

Flawless Solo Shattered Throne: Complete

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Wednesday, February 20, 2019, 18:45 (1893 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

I pulled it off!

Unfortunately I’m a complete idiot and I don’t have my mixer account set to save my broadcasts, so the video is gone.

Let that be a cautionary tale, lol :)

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Thursday, February 21, 2019, 07:22 (1892 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

I pulled it off!

Unfortunately I’m a complete idiot and I don’t have my mixer account set to save my broadcasts, so the video is gone.

Dang. I would have watched that.

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Thursday, February 21, 2019, 07:26 (1892 days ago) @ Kermit

I pulled it off!

Well I’m just crazy enough to try it again :)

by narcogen ⌂ @, Andover, Massachusetts, Thursday, February 21, 2019, 15:48 (1892 days ago) @ Kermit

I pulled it off!

Me, too.

If you watch any of the stuff LoadingReadyRun does, Cam plays Destiny and is really into the lore. He did a solo Shattered Throne the other day. (Didn't make flawless, but did finish). Also includes a lot of grimoire reading if that's your jam.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/383578444

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Thursday, February 21, 2019, 13:19 (1892 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

I pulled it off!

Vid or it didn't happen.

by narcogen ⌂ @, Andover, Massachusetts, Friday, February 22, 2019, 07:00 (1891 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Pretty sure that's verifiable, isn't there a Triumph for it?

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Friday, February 22, 2019, 08:56 (1891 days ago) @ narcogen

Pretty sure that's verifiable, isn't there a Triumph for it?

As a matter of fact...

https://xboxdvr.com/gamer/nevindouglas/screenshot/11585511

:)

noice!

by marmot 1333 @, Friday, February 22, 2019, 11:35 (1891 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

- No text -

Nice work Cruel!

by breitzen @, Kansas, Saturday, February 23, 2019, 05:17 (1890 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

- No text -

About to stream a solo Shattered Throne run

by Your Accomplice, Wednesday, February 20, 2019, 20:33 (1893 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

Good luck! I’ll probably try that sometime this weekend

by Your Accomplice, Wednesday, February 20, 2019, 20:35 (1893 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

What weapon and class set up did you use?

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Wednesday, February 20, 2019, 21:26 (1893 days ago) @ Your Accomplice

What weapon and class set up did you use?

I ran nightstalker through the entire thing.

My initial loadout was:

• Blast Furnace
• IKELOS Shotgun
• Sleeper Simulant

• Orpheus Rigs w/ Taken Barrier Mod (<- this mod saved me many times)
• All other armor pieces had Transcendant Blessings mods

The first area went smoothly enough. After clearing it and dropping down into the second area, I switched my kinetic weapon over to a Spiteful Fang (Bow) to take care of all the long-range snipers and Phalanxes in the atrium. I had a crazy battle with the Taken Captain outside the atrium. He kept falling off the edge, then reappearing behind me, then disappearing, reappearing, attacking me, disappearing again, etc. I never did kill him. He finally just vanished and didn’t return. I spent the rest of the mission looking over my shoulder, half expecting him to materialize at the worst possible time.

Once I crossed the atrium and reached the catwalks, I switched my boots over to the Stomp-EEs to help with the jumping. I made several bad jumps that should have ended my run, but managed to recover through sheer force of will :)

After the catwalks, I switched back to Orpheus Rigs and swapped my primary over to Breakneck. That weapon along with near-infinite tethers made the slow-motion thrallway a piece of cake.

Beyond the thrallway, I swapped weapons again. I changed my kinetic to a Threat Level (Shotgun) and my energy weapon to a Subtle Calamity (void bow). I made my way towards the Ogre boss and entered his chamber with no Shotgun ammo, and only 4 rounds in my Sleeper, which was more than a little stressful.

I handled the Ogre fight very slowly and methodically. As soon as the Wizards spawn, I’d fire a tether at the one right next to me (directly below the entrance to the room). That way the wizard and it’s compliment of snipers and goblins wouldn’t bother me for the first 10-15 seconds. I’d carefully clear out all the adds around each wizard (mostly with my bow), then weaken the wizards, then do a lap around the room, killing each wizard quickly with my bow and shotgun. Once the damage phase started, I’d hit the boss with Sleeper and swap to my Threat Level to take out the orbs he was shooting at me.

In total, it took me 3 damage phases to beat the Ogre. I had a near disaster while clearing the 3rd round of adds, when I accidentally killed one of the wizards early. Luckily I had a tether handy to deal with the cluster of enemies that remained guarding one of the other wizards, and I made it through in time.

With the Ogre boss complete, I re-equipped the Spiteful Fang and IKELOS Shotgun, and ditched my Sleeper Simulant in favor of Whisper of the Worm. My climb up to the final boss was mostly uneventful. When I reached the 2nd Thrallway, I equipped Breakneck in my primary slot, and used it in conjunction with my tether to farm the infinitely-spawning thrall until there were enough ammo bricks on the ground to fill my energy and power weapons. I used Spiteful Fang one last time while crossing the Mario Wall, then back to Breakneck and up to the final boss.

My approach to the final boss was textbook for a nightstalker. I started by tethering the 3 nights, launched myself at the Taken spawning on the left side of the room and killed them quickly with a grenade/shotgun combo. Then I went back towards the middle, launched another tether which grabbed the remaining Taken so I could clear them up quickly. I then turned towards the 3 knights who were now clustered right next to each other near the room’s entrance. I fired my tether at them and unloaded my shotgun into them. They all dropped fast. I picked up the 3 orbs, took cover behind one of the pillars, and shot the boss 8 times in the face with Whisper. /end

by Your Accomplice, Thursday, February 21, 2019, 06:15 (1892 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

Nice! This was helpful, thank you. I run a Titan so I’m probably going to use sentinel with Ursas

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Thursday, February 21, 2019, 06:30 (1892 days ago) @ Your Accomplice

Nice! This was helpful, thank you. I run a Titan so I’m probably going to use sentinel with Ursas

I found these videos on Reddit yesterday... you might find them useful.

How to solo Vorgeth with all classes:

How to solo Dul Incaru with all subclasses:

Good luck!

by Your Accomplice, Saturday, February 23, 2019, 11:41 (1890 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

Yea well I tried and I was doing great till the huge Ogre, whatever his name is. At that room I tried for a total of about 4 hours, around 25 deaths, and then I just gave in and quit. That was on my Titan, I might try on my Warlock next

Thanks for the help last night!

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Friday, February 22, 2019, 08:12 (1891 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

And thanks to bluerunner, too. That was a lot of fun.

Solo (almost) Flawless Shattered Throne Video

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Friday, February 22, 2019, 09:16 (1891 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

I made another attempt this morning... got all the way to the final boss with no deaths, then got crushed by a giant axe.

This time I managed to capture the video, though.

https://mixer.com/NevinDouglas/?vod=86923335

A few time stamps for people looking to see certain sections:

* 2 Min: I enter the Shattered Throne
* 19 Min: I begin The Descent
* 28 Min: I reach the Catwalks
* 31 Min: WTF HOW AM I STILL ALIVE (<- If you only watch 1 moment, it should be this one)
* 39 Min: Vorgeth Fight (Ogre Boss)
* 60 Min: Vorgeth defeated, I begin the ascent to the final boss
* 70 Min: I reach Dul Incaru, and it all goes wrong.

Solo Flawless Shattered Throne (complete video)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Friday, February 22, 2019, 11:35 (1891 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

I did it AGAIN, successfully, and recorded the video. This was a smooth run. Finished in just under 1 hour. Time stamps in the video description.

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Saturday, February 23, 2019, 08:05 (1890 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

I did it AGAIN, successfully, and recorded the video. This was a smooth run. Finished in just under 1 hour. Time stamps in the video description.

Amazing, Cruel. I admire the meticulous way you worked on all three wizards at the ogre section. And there were certainly some heart-stopping moments, in the hallways on the way up to the final encounter, and just before you killed the three knights. Whew!

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Saturday, February 23, 2019, 09:24 (1890 days ago) @ Kermit

Amazing, Cruel. I admire the meticulous way you worked on all three wizards at the ogre section. And there were certainly some heart-stopping moments, in the hallways on the way up to the final encounter, and just before you killed the three knights. Whew!

Thanks Kermit! The Ogre fight is definitely the greatest hurdle of the mission. The toughest thing for me is to stay patient. It’s a loooooong encounter, and I’m prone to getting hasty and trying something stupid :)

Well done!

by Robot Chickens, Saturday, February 23, 2019, 13:37 (1890 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

[image]

Shattered Throne Pro Tip (Vorgeth Loadout)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Monday, February 25, 2019, 11:39 (1888 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

During my last solo run, I went into the Vorgeth battle (Ogre Boss) using the loadout I was familiar and comfortable with; Threat Level, Subtle Calamity, and Sleeper. I like using Subtle Calamity in that room because it is very effective against the void-shielded Wizards, and bows in general are great for dealing with all the long-range snipers and Goblins in that room.

It occurred to me that Le Monarque might be even more effective than Subtle Calamity, particularly when it comes to dealing with the Wizards (my thinking being that the damage over time from Le Monarque would interfere with the Wizards' shield recharge, as well as doing more overall damage per shot). My worry was that I'd have to give up using Sleeper in my heavy slot. But then, I started to think that might not be so bad. While Sleeper does great damage against Vorgeth, it is always a struggle to juggle between hitting the boss with it, switching weapons to deal with the taken bolts he shoots out, and reloading both weapons. I spent more time during each damage phase reloading than actually doing damage. Then it occurred to me that Hammerhead might be a nice alternative. That way I could use 1 weapon to hit the boss and block the darts, and reload less often. Plus it is void, so if I needed an extra punch against the wizards, it would be useful.

So the next time I ran through Shattered Throne, I tried this loadout (Le Monarque and Hammerhead) and it worked beautifully. My friend Dr Bo just tried it himself today during his solo/flawless run, and it worked very well for him too (he used Breakneck in his primary slot).
So it seems like a good combo that might be worth trying if you're struggling with that encounter.

TL;DR

Le Monarque + Hammerhead = bye bye Vorgeth

Very nice!

by Claude Errera @, Monday, February 25, 2019, 15:49 (1888 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

Was gone all week, don't really have the focus to try this tonight (my first time back), so I'll see if I can manage in 3 weeks. Watching your strats is quite helpful!

Very nice!

by Speedracer513 @, Dallas, Texas, Monday, February 25, 2019, 17:01 (1888 days ago) @ Claude Errera

Was gone all week, don't really have the focus to try this tonight (my first time back), so I'll see if I can manage in 3 weeks. Watching your strats is quite helpful!

Do you have any idea how long it took me to get through the initial maze in my two runs without you this week?!! I've never had to think about which way to go between areas all by myself before!

:(

by Claude Errera @, Monday, February 25, 2019, 17:56 (1888 days ago) @ Speedracer513

I've let you down. I'm sorry.

:(

by Speedracer513 @, Dallas, Texas, Monday, February 25, 2019, 18:05 (1888 days ago) @ Claude Errera

I've let you down. I'm sorry.

Don't worry. You didn't let me down as much as Bungie did. Two runs, no ship. In fact, no loot at all on the second run! Apparently it's not "once per character per week" for dips into the loot pool -- it's "once per character class per week" - so my second hunter got me nuthin. I guess maybe I'll work on levelling my Warlock after all.

Whoa - stealth nerf

by Claude Errera @, Monday, February 25, 2019, 19:48 (1888 days ago) @ Speedracer513

- No text -

That's what you get for having two hunters.

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Tuesday, February 26, 2019, 05:33 (1887 days ago) @ Speedracer513

Shame on you.

This

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Tuesday, February 26, 2019, 10:21 (1887 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

- No text -

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread