So I Don't Forget(Whisper?) (Destiny)

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Saturday, March 02, 2019, 19:21 (1894 days ago)

Wasn't able to solo it week before last, last week I didn't get a chance to really play--anyone mind helping me with the Whisper Quest this weekend? I've got the platforming stuff down, I just need help destroying the enemies. Having revive partners is a much bigger help anyway. Let me know! I'll be on most of the day tomorrow, and there's always Xbox messaging.

Thanks in advance!

So I Don't Forget(Whisper?)

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Saturday, March 02, 2019, 19:35 (1894 days ago) @ Morpheus

Wasn't able to solo it week before last, last week I didn't get a chance to really play--anyone mind helping me with the Whisper Quest this weekend?

Just an FYI, it's available every day now.

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Saturday, March 02, 2019, 20:21 (1894 days ago) @ Korny

Huh. That's weird...TID keeps removing it from their list of activities on Monday...eh. More incentive to get it done, right? ;-D

by cheapLEY @, Saturday, March 02, 2019, 19:40 (1894 days ago) @ Morpheus

Wasn't able to solo it week before last, last week I didn't get a chance to really play--anyone mind helping me with the Whisper Quest this weekend? I've got the platforming stuff down, I just need help destroying the enemies. Having revive partners is a much bigger help anyway. Let me know! I'll be on most of the day tomorrow, and there's always Xbox messaging.

Thanks in advance!

I'm not sure when I'll be around. Sometime tomorrow evening. If you see me and are still looking to do a run, just send me a message and I'll jump in and lend a hand.

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Sunday, March 03, 2019, 18:27 (1893 days ago) @ cheapLEY

Slept a little late, but I'm getting on now--what's your gamertag? I'll send you and ManKitten an invite.

by cheapLEY @, Sunday, March 03, 2019, 18:33 (1893 days ago) @ Morpheus

Gamertag is cheapLEY.

I’ll be on in a few, but I only have about an hour.

by ManKitten, The Stugotz is strong in me., Saturday, March 02, 2019, 19:43 (1894 days ago) @ Morpheus

Yes. I'm in the exact same boat. It's supposed to be crappy weather all day tomorrow, so I'll be around. Message me on xbox app if you don't see me online. I would really like to beat this quest too.

Did you get it? (I can help.)

by SteelGaribaldi @, Sol system, Monday, March 04, 2019, 14:03 (1892 days ago) @ Morpheus

Did you get the sniper? Did you get the catalyst too?

I have the sniper, but not the catalyst. I’d be happy to help with the sniper, and hopefully we’d have time to get us the catalyst too.

I spent some time confirming that I know how to get to the chest locations yesterday, but the chests won’t be there until I have the catalyst. At least then I’d be able to get CoolMaterialName from the chest solo.

Yes, Thanks!

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Monday, March 04, 2019, 21:35 (1892 days ago) @ SteelGaribaldi

ManKitten and Squid helped out--apparently there's a shortcut somewhere that I didn't know about, so it took so long for me to get there, I almost missed the boss! We cleared it out and the name 'Whisper of the Worm' didn't even show up on the screen before the game ended the mission and kicked us all out(for real, Bungie? You won't even let us look around?).

Kitten and myself got one at 380(seriously.) and separated soon afterwards. At least now I can do the Heroic whenever I want, so I can work on Catalysts. ;-)

Yes, Thanks!

by ManKitten, The Stugotz is strong in me., Tuesday, March 05, 2019, 05:38 (1891 days ago) @ Morpheus

Kitten and myself got one at 380(seriously.) and separated soon afterwards. At least now I can do the Heroic whenever I want, so I can work on Catalysts. ;-)

Count me in for some catalyst runs.

Yes, Thanks!

by Claude Errera @, Tuesday, March 05, 2019, 06:26 (1891 days ago) @ ManKitten

Count me in for some catalyst runs.

Just a reminder: Finishing the mission on Heroic (once you have the catalyst) completes 24% of that catalyst. (You have to run it once to GET the catalyst.)

Opening the 6 chests give you another 12%.

This means that you can finish the catalyst in 3 weeks, if you actually do a mission run... or 9 weeks, solo without having to fight anything. (You can get the 6 chests solo, without any fighting.)

Doing the chests 3 times (on three different burn weeks) also gives you the ship - nice bonus.

Soloing the Heroic mission is not as feasible as it used to be; I mean, it's doable, but you have to be pretty good. ;)

Well timed...

by squidnh3, Tuesday, March 05, 2019, 12:52 (1891 days ago) @ Morpheus

ManKitten and Squid helped out--

Happy to help! To bad you got it just in time for a massive nerf (max rounds is now 9 without ammo perks, down from 20).

Hmm.

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Tuesday, March 05, 2019, 14:08 (1891 days ago) @ squidnh3

Insurrection Prime just got harder to kill.

Hmm.

by squidnh3, Tuesday, March 05, 2019, 14:23 (1891 days ago) @ Kermit

DARCI is probably a good alternative. Nearly the same DPS, and a lot less pressure to hit crits.

Hmm.

by cheapLEY @, Tuesday, March 05, 2019, 16:10 (1891 days ago) @ squidnh3

DARCI is probably a good alternative. Nearly the same DPS, and a lot less pressure to hit crits.

I mean, it’s onky a nerf on Whisper if you miss shots. I’ve only done it a few times, but it’s relatively easy to hit shots on Insurrection Prime without missing. If you’re using it to break his shield, it might be an issue, but not so much for DPS.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread