My best moment tonight (Claws of the Wolf+Service Revolver) (Destiny)

by cheapLEY @, Tuesday, March 19, 2019, 21:37 (1864 days ago)

I'm absolutely loving this weapon combo. I prefer Trust just slightly to Service Revolver, but I vastly prefer Claws of the Wolf over any other Pulse Rifle, so it's a worthy trade off.

Anyway, here's a clip. My best moment of the night by far.

https://xboxdvr.com/gamer/cheapley/video/71520820

My best moment tonight (Claws of the Wolf+Service Revolver)

by ChrisTheeCrappy, Wednesday, March 20, 2019, 06:49 (1864 days ago) @ cheapLEY

Some great games last night. Can't believe I am already at 1600...just nuts.

Guess I should have stuck around longer?

by Malagate @, Sea of Tranquility, Wednesday, March 20, 2019, 06:59 (1864 days ago) @ ChrisTheeCrappy

That string of losses at the beginning set the entire tone for me. I've got to rethink my sweaty loadouts, because Inaugural Address just isn't doing it for me anymore. TLW/Sniper combo seemed to be working ok, but just can't compete with shotguns.

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Wednesday, March 20, 2019, 07:03 (1864 days ago) @ Malagate

That string of losses at the beginning set the entire tone for me. I've got to rethink my sweaty loadouts, because Inaugural Address just isn't doing it for me anymore. TLW/Sniper combo seemed to be working ok, but just can't compete with shotguns.

Yeah, I apparently should have kept playing PvP instead of raiding cause that looked like fun!

by cheapLEY @, Wednesday, March 20, 2019, 08:30 (1864 days ago) @ Malagate

I feel you. Our games were rough. Disciple switch over to raid, so I jumped into his spot with Chris, Speedracer, and Kameron. I played five games with them and we won all five. A couple really hard fought victories too. Comp is funny like that with wild swings sometimes. I love playing it, but loss streaks feel so bad that after two or three losses in a row, the smartest thing is usually to quit and come back another time to protect Glory.

by ChrisTheeCrappy, Wednesday, March 20, 2019, 12:24 (1864 days ago) @ Malagate

We all kind of left at the same time. But it was odd, cause when we had good teams, Karmon completely carried us. When we had some terrible teams I was on top, made no sense. But it worked out, so positive thoughts.

Looking at my logs, we lost our first, then won 8. I could have sworn we lost another one.

by Harmanimus @, Wednesday, March 20, 2019, 12:37 (1864 days ago) @ ChrisTheeCrappy

Based on my experience, certain players simply deal better with certain match-ups and engagements. The function of the map relative to playstyle/match-up will also influence who in a group tends to perform best.

by ChrisTheeCrappy, Thursday, March 21, 2019, 07:00 (1863 days ago) @ Harmanimus

Of course, there is always more to it, then just he/she is your best player. But we had a wide variety of competition and maps. Either way, I haz happy.

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Wednesday, March 20, 2019, 07:13 (1864 days ago) @ cheapLEY

I'm absolutely loving this weapon combo. I prefer Trust just slightly to Service Revolver, but I vastly prefer Claws of the Wolf over any other Pulse Rifle, so it's a worthy trade off.

I was thinking about a combo for a handcannon and pulse rifle. What is the roll on your Claws? Is it the default iron banner roll?

by cheapLEY @, Wednesday, March 20, 2019, 08:25 (1864 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

Yeah it’s the one that was available from the bounty. Outlaw and Kill Clip. I’m going to play IB next time it’s around to try a get a few more. I’m not as much a fan of Outlaw as I used to be. Rapid Hit would be ideal. My Service Revolver has Rapid Hit and Kill Clip. I wish it had a Range Masterwork instead of Handling, though.

I really love the Pulse Rifle and 180 Hand Cannon combo. It’s a great all around load out. You definitely have to play your distance—you’re not going to be going toe to toe with shotgun apes or anything. Although, I’ve found that both Trust and Service Revolver are okay at close ranges without ADSing and just spamming the trigger. That loadout helped me a lot, though. I’m typically pretty aggressive and often get into bad positions. With a shotgun, I could use it to save myself. Not having a great close range weapon really made me think about my positioning a lot more so that I just don’t get in bad situations by myself quite as much.

by Harmanimus @, Wednesday, March 20, 2019, 09:10 (1864 days ago) @ cheapLEY

Blast Furnace/Trust is my regular for most PvP. Explosive Payload and Freehand Grip/Snapshot Sights let me win some 1v1s I really, really should lose. EP on Trust is disgusting. I also have a Bygones I like. Haven’t gotten a Service Revolver I particularly like, though.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread