Josh Hamrick leaving Bungie. (Destiny)

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Sunday, March 24, 2019, 16:45 (1860 days ago)

Our favorite design lead over at Bungie is done with the universe he helped build, and is off to take a break from game dev for a little bit.

Amicable departures from Bungie, what?

Josh Hamrick leaving Bungie.

by cheapLEY @, Sunday, March 24, 2019, 18:14 (1860 days ago) @ Korny

His profile just says Design Lead. Didn't he work on Crucible sandbox stuff, or am I just making shit up?

Not that it matters, I guess. I wish him well! I'm still eagerly awaiting what Marcus Lehto's new studio is working on over at V1.

Bungie is the best in the business at a lot of things, and while it sucks to see talent leave the studio and game we all love, it's good to see new blood and ideas join Bungie, and it's cool to see people take that Bungie flavor and do some new stuff elsewhere.

Josh Hamrick leaving Bungie.

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Monday, March 25, 2019, 07:10 (1859 days ago) @ cheapLEY

Bungie is the best in the business at a lot of things, and while it sucks to see talent leave the studio and game we all love, it's good to see new blood and ideas join Bungie, and it's cool to see people take that Bungie flavor and do some new stuff elsewhere.

I totally agree.

Again?

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Monday, March 25, 2019, 07:59 (1859 days ago) @ Korny

Didn't he just get back from Bethesda?

Again?

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Monday, March 25, 2019, 09:27 (1859 days ago) @ CyberKN

Didn't he just get back from Bethesda?

Did some solid work course-correcting D2, though (and considering what came from his time at Bethesda, I feel like he was better off with the Activision-less Bungie).

Must have been burnout.

Again?

by Vortech @, A Fourth Wheel, Monday, March 25, 2019, 15:27 (1859 days ago) @ Korny

Yeah, given how effusive a message that was I have to assume Burnout too. It's really a problem when talented people who do good work, love your company, and are respected by the players feel they need to quit. Even beyond a human aspect, that's just a way of doing business that is bad for business.

Jon Weisnewski leaving Bungie.

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Friday, March 29, 2019, 17:53 (1855 days ago) @ Korny
edited by Korny, Friday, March 29, 2019, 17:57

After 12 years at Bungie (and recently serving as Senior Gameplay Designer), Jon Weisnewski is yet another senior dev also leaving the studio, and on the same day as fellow Sandbox dev, Josh Hamrick, no less.

Some real big shakeups happening over there...

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread