Advice for getting tickets to PAX (Off-Topic)

by marmot 1333 @, Monday, October 07, 2013, 18:38 (3854 days ago)

Hello all,

I was wondering if anyone had any advice for getting tickets to PAX Seattle 2014.

I know it is a long way off, but I have tried two years in a row to get tickets and have had no luck.

Last year I was in the online queue but the page timed out. I lost my place and by the time I realized this all the tickets had been sold.

So what's the secret? Do most people simply by them from scalpers on ebay? How far in advance do they advertise the tickets going on sale? What advice would you give me?

Easy steps

by MrPadraig08 ⌂ @, Steel City, Monday, October 07, 2013, 19:17 (3854 days ago) @ marmot 1333
edited by MrPadraig08, Monday, October 07, 2013, 19:32

Step 1: Have alerts to @Official_PAX turned on your phone

Step 2: Be prepared to buy more than one set of tix at any time. I have never regretted this decision, as PAX tix are always in high demand. This will also help you complete sets if other days are sold out.

Step 3: Be alert that May is usually the time when they sell Prime tix

Step 4: Never hesitate to buy them or other legit tickets you can find. They go fast

Step 5: Maybe have to buy from another person for more than you'd like. It happens, but you can usually find reasonable people who don't charge $500 a badge.

Possible Step 6: Have more than one line in the queue, phone, computer, other browsers, whatever you can do to get them.

Desperate Step 7: When all else fails, but you want more than life to go to PAX and see DBOers and Bungie, then make your arrangements and go. You will find scalpers are plentiful and if you wait til noonish, they get pretty desperate to sell the damn things.

Good Luck.

P.S. Does anyone know when East badges go on sale?

And to be honest

by TDSpiral ⌂ @, TDS Gaming Shack, WA, Tuesday, October 08, 2013, 04:27 (3853 days ago) @ MrPadraig08

It's fun to go even if you don't have badges. There's lot of B.org happenings in the area at that time, and it's just great to hang out with everyone. I actually felt kind of bad because I had a four day set that I don't think I utilized to it's full extent.

Question.

by ncsuDuncan @, Wednesday, October 09, 2013, 19:54 (3852 days ago) @ MrPadraig08

Step 1: Have alerts to @Official_PAX turned on your phone

What method are you using for this? I'd love to get an email alert, but have no idea how I'd set it up.

Adding a new column HootSuite app seems like overkill... (RIP TweetDeck app)

Easy steps

by marmot 1333 @, Thursday, October 10, 2013, 09:55 (3851 days ago) @ MrPadraig08

Thanks for all the tips!

Advice for getting tickets to PAX

by Tex @, Tuesday, October 08, 2013, 12:30 (3853 days ago) @ marmot 1333

Friends and I had a buddy system. Whoever got in first grabbed tickets for everyone and were reimbursed.

Tons of people on here bought extras and sold them to other forum goers at face value. Saved my butt.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread