The pursuits tab is bad (Destiny)

by bluerunner @, Music City, Wednesday, June 05, 2019, 06:17 (1790 days ago)

Too many button presses to get to it. Everything is clumped together. Multiple pages. I just want to find those gambit bounties I picked up yesterday but they are split between two pages. The sorting buttons aren't useful. Why is catnip in my pursuits page? Why is the chalice and reckoning mote oven on the pursuits tab? Every time I open the tab I have to go hunting them. And why can't I delete the mysterious box quest after I have already finished it on another character?! Ugh.

The pursuits tab is bad

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Wednesday, June 05, 2019, 06:44 (1790 days ago) @ bluerunner

Too many button presses to get to it.

It's one more button and two of the three buttons you press at the same time, so in reality it the same 2 actions.

Everything is clumped together. Multiple pages. I just want to find those gambit bounties I picked up yesterday but they are split between two pages. The sorting buttons aren't useful. Why is catnip in my pursuits page? Why is the chalice and reckoning mote oven on the pursuits tab? Every time I open the tab I have to go hunting them. And why can't I delete the mysterious box quest after I have already finished it on another character?! Ugh.

Yeah, I still don't know how to think about this yet. I think it's ultimately going to be better, but it's by no means the best. There are certain things, like the things you mentioned that I don't even want on there.

+1 It’s a mess.

by cheapLEY @, Wednesday, June 05, 2019, 06:47 (1790 days ago) @ bluerunner

Bungie used to be great at UI. What happened?

First of all, pin stuff like the Synthesizer and the Chalice to the top. Second, split the screen in half somehow to separate quests with multiple steps or longer timeframes (like pinnacle and exotic quests) on one side and bounties on the other.

Likewise, what’s up with the new shader icons? On one level they are much better, because it actually shows you when a shader is going to change a material texture. But they all look like they’ve been run through a bad Instagram filter. Now they all blend together on the page. It’s much less readable overall, even if the icons are better individually.

+1 It’s a mess.

by bluerunner @, Music City, Wednesday, June 05, 2019, 07:00 (1790 days ago) @ cheapLEY

Bungie used to be great at UI. What happened?

David Candland (Evil Otto) left a year ago.

I hope that's not it...

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Wednesday, June 05, 2019, 09:07 (1790 days ago) @ bluerunner

but it is a data point. I still haven't forgiven them for moving the tower from the default position on the screen.

I hope that's not it...

by bluerunner @, Music City, Wednesday, June 05, 2019, 09:50 (1790 days ago) @ Kermit

but it is a data point. I still haven't forgiven them for moving the tower from the default position on the screen.

It went downhill from there.

+1 It’s a mess.

by Robot Chickens, Wednesday, June 05, 2019, 10:21 (1790 days ago) @ cheapLEY

Likewise, what’s up with the new shader icons? On one level they are much better, because it actually shows you when a shader is going to change a material texture. But they all look like they’ve been run through a bad Instagram filter. Now they all blend together on the page. It’s much less readable overall, even if the icons are better individually.

This. A thousand times this. That filter actually obscures the differences so whatever gains they may have added by showing textures get immediately negated because people are viewing them next to others. It's like they designed them on a macro scale, decided they looked good, shrunk them, and never thought about how they would function when viewed as a group.

I don’t think it’s a filter...

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Wednesday, June 05, 2019, 11:07 (1790 days ago) @ Robot Chickens

This. A thousand times this. That filter actually obscures the differences so whatever gains they may have added by showing textures get immediately negated because people are viewing them next to others. It's like they designed them on a macro scale, decided they looked good, shrunk them, and never thought about how they would function when viewed as a group.

To me, the new shader icons look like they’re suffering from a bad case of low grade JPEG compression. It makes them look dirty and messy and strangely unreadable.

On a related note, I’ve actually noticed a similar effect, although far more subtle, across all the in-game graphics. There’s an ever-so-slightly gritty, dirty look to the textures that wasn’t present before the update. It’s not a filter-effect (like the film grain effect in the Mass Effect games), because the light and glow effects are as clean and clear as ever, far as I can tell. But there is something going on with the textures and/or polygon modelling. It’s especially apparent on your equipped weapon, when you sweep past a strong light source. The lines around your gun model stick out in a way that they didn’t use to. Overall, there’s just a slightly dirty, messy look to everything now.

It’s SUPER subtle, but I noticed it right away. My totally uninformed guess/hypothesis is that they’ve tweaked something in the rendering, possibly to improve performance/load times. But that’s 100% speculation.

I think it might be as simple as increased contrast.

by Vortech @, A Fourth Wheel, Wednesday, June 05, 2019, 11:09 (1790 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

- No text -

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Wednesday, June 05, 2019, 11:14 (1790 days ago) @ Vortech

Could be.

It also reminds me of what happens to an image if I go overboard with the “sharpen” effect.

by Vortech @, A Fourth Wheel, Wednesday, June 05, 2019, 13:36 (1790 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

Yeah, most "sharpen" sliders are just localized contrast adjustment. It's really more what I had in mind so I'll give you the point.

I kind of hate the new shader look

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Wednesday, June 05, 2019, 13:46 (1790 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

They look like tiles from the bathroom at the grimiest roadside Texaco on I-95, where a guy named Skeeter has to imprint your credit card using an old manual swiper. [Ka-chunk!]

Lol

by cheapLEY @, Wednesday, June 05, 2019, 13:58 (1790 days ago) @ Kermit

Thanks, that gave me a hearty laugh. That’s a perfect description.

D-pad issues too

by ChrisTheeCrappy, Wednesday, June 05, 2019, 07:03 (1790 days ago) @ bluerunner

I was unable to use the left and right dpad for the Friends list.

I agree it's just so much info with the texts. I think removing the text, would a) make it one page, and make it easier to see.

I like the suggestion of pinning important ones to the top, etc. As someone who works in UI, sometimes, it's very confusing and overwhelming to look at.

D-pad issues too

by cheapLEY @, Wednesday, June 05, 2019, 07:11 (1790 days ago) @ ChrisTheeCrappy

I noticed that too, but then I spent two minutes questioning myself on whether that ever worked to begin with.

+1 Yup

by narcogen ⌂ @, Andover, Massachusetts, Wednesday, June 05, 2019, 07:23 (1790 days ago) @ bluerunner

- No text -

The pursuits tab is bad

by ManKitten, The Stugotz is strong in me., Wednesday, June 05, 2019, 07:41 (1790 days ago) @ bluerunner

It's a change, and it takes time to get used to change but I was hoping that moving it to the Destination section would speed up the load time. It didn't. So instead of pushing start* then bumping over, I hit select* then bump over...so it's not really an upgrade.

Perhaps it's a change that's part of a rollout to gradually get us used to more changes coming down the road instead of just throwing us into the deep end of a total UI overhaul?

*Yes, I still call those buttons Start and Select and I always will.

The pursuits tab is bad

by squidnh3, Wednesday, June 05, 2019, 07:48 (1790 days ago) @ bluerunner

The only thing that needed to happen was breaking the things labeled as "pursuits" into different categories, like "Quests" and "Bounties". That didn't happen, so this change was a complete waste of time.

The pursuits tab is bad

by cheapLEY @, Wednesday, June 05, 2019, 08:24 (1790 days ago) @ squidnh3

It’s one less button press when I want to use a Crucible boon or look at shaders, so that’s a plus I guess?

The pursuits tab is bad

by squidnh3, Wednesday, June 05, 2019, 08:35 (1790 days ago) @ cheapLEY

It’s one less button press when I want to use a Crucible boon or look at shaders, so that’s a plus I guess?

It took me months to get rid of my 5 Crucible boons I bought for some reason because I would forget every single game to pop them after the game had started. I will never buy one again.

The pursuits tab is bad

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Wednesday, June 05, 2019, 08:51 (1790 days ago) @ squidnh3

The only thing that needed to happen was breaking the things labeled as "pursuits" into different categories, like "Quests" and "Bounties". That didn't happen, so this change was a complete waste of time.

At least you can filter by either Quests or Bounties

The pursuits tab is bad

by Claude Errera @, Wednesday, June 05, 2019, 11:21 (1790 days ago) @ Xenos

At least you can filter by either Quests or Bounties

Yeah... but that filter choice isn't sticky, so if you close the window (or move away from it), you're back to a full list.

The pursuits tab is bad

by Vortech @, A Fourth Wheel, Wednesday, June 05, 2019, 08:55 (1790 days ago) @ bluerunner

Too many button presses to get to it. Everything is clumped together. Multiple pages. I just want to find those gambit bounties I picked up yesterday but they are split between two pages. The sorting buttons aren't useful. Why is catnip in my pursuits page? Why is the chalice and reckoning mote oven on the pursuits tab? Every time I open the tab I have to go hunting them. And why can't I delete the mysterious box quest after I have already finished it on another character?! Ugh.

So I'm clearly in the minority in that I'm on the whole positive about the pursuits change. (not just on this forum but in talking with people while I play and looking around the web at large) I'm not saying it's perfect, but I think it is better and the problems with it for me are all the same problems it had before (and almost certainly stem from underlying systems, which is why they carried over through the UI change). Not to tell anyone they are wrong. You feel how you feel, and UI can be an individual thing with no right answer for everyone, but I do think there at least reasons why for the examples where people are asking why, and I think there are major upgrades going uncommented upon.

## Too many button presses:
It's 2, right? Same as before? You sometimes need to hold the button down, so that slows me down sometimes comparatively, but it's not a big change for me. At the same time, Consumables are now one step more accessible. The thing that slows me down is that I have never once not gone to the old location first. I assume that will change after a couple months of me failing to remember the change, though. I do sometimes need to press extra buttons to find a specific pursuit, because they spread to multiple pages, though…

## Multiple pages:
I see this as a cost, but how is the cost of multiple pages not overwhelmed by the benefit of MULTIPLE PAGES?! no more running out of space for bounties and pursuits. No more trips back to the tower just to pick up the bounties that would not fit. When they created on-demand bounty turn in it was often canceled out by the fact that you needed to go mack to the tower to replace them. And that has been more and more common as they added more and more things to pursuits category:

## Why are things there?
Because they were there before. Because they are pursuits. I understand and agree with the argument that things like cookie ovens and gambit node recombinators and chalices and other things* should not be pursuits, and that it was a MacGuyvering of the existing game engine to do a thing that didn't fit within the scope of the live team/season pass release. This is a biz/dev and software strategy questions that you can think they got wrong (I probably agree, but also know that I don't have all the information to really understand the decision) but it's not a problem created by this particular UI change. I can appreciate the upgraded condiments on the burger even though it didn't change the meat.

## Everything blends together:
This seems like a similar thing to the one above — the complaint is that it made things better, but not better-er enough — EXCEPT, this is purely about UI/UX. I think that makes it more reasonable as a complaint. After all, if you're going to tear stuff up and move it around, how you move it around is more likely to be about what you chose to do than what you were able to do. The good news is by moving pursuits to a separate tab, rather than a page shared with shaders and consumables, etc. there's some room for them to keep working on this. Even better, now that there is a filter button in addition to a sort, it would be even easier than making a second vertical page to add a filter for the doodads. it's not check a box and hit build easy, but it feels like its within reach as an imperfect refinement to an imperfect solution that would — for all of its fundamental flaws — make people have a better time with the game. Better sort and filter options could improve a lot of this stuff.

## dedicated spaces for crafting doodads:
I pretty much addressed this above, but the problem with getting too specialized for these things are that they were kludgy already. and, apparently, it's a kluge they intend to keep using as each release seems to have a new one. Requiring an UI change to add them involves a lot of different departments getting added in and the whole point was they didn't have the resources to make a big change for it already, so…. I di think a separate vertical page would be simple and expandable enough that it's worth serious thought.

## no text:
I understand how it's cluttered and a lot of information all at once, but I just can't see how it's not better then requiring a mouse-over to even identify among a string of identical icons. And further, how - other then text - can you solve that problem? I can't keep all the names of gear straight, I'm not going to be able to memorize a different icon for every possible bounty and quest. This might be an area for improving readability through font/layout, but text on display has to be the right answer, yeah?

There are a lot of places where I see room for improvement, and AND, yeah, there's a LOT of things that we should be able to delete. (I didn't know about the mysterious box quest, and that's a problem. There are a lot of consumables that can only be consumed not deleted, and they have cool down timers so it makes it even more onerous.) but this seems like an improvement over all with groundwork laid to make it bearer more easily. I'm not trying to make anyone not complain, but hopefully give some perspective that lets those who want to, to focus on more actionable stuff rather than complaining about things that the UI folks probably are already annoyed by themselves.

Wow, all of that and I didn't even get to the new quests that are not tied to triumphs anymore, but still account-wide so totally UX expectation breaking but HEY! that means they allow you to track them in the HUD which you could not do with triumphs, so probably another imperfect UI improvement solving a pain point but held back by game system stuff…

* when I was talking with one of the DIM devs about this last night he called them the "doodads" that should be on the doodad page. I liked that and probably will adopt it as a term.

The pursuits tab is bad

by bluerunner @, Music City, Wednesday, June 05, 2019, 10:50 (1790 days ago) @ Vortech

## Too many button presses:
It's 2, right? Same as before? You sometimes need to hold the button down, so that slows me down sometimes comparatively, but it's not a big change for me. At the same time, Consumables are now one step more accessible. The thing that slows me down is that I have never once not gone to the old location first. I assume that will change after a couple months of me failing to remember the change, though. I do sometimes need to press extra buttons to find a specific pursuit, because they spread to multiple pages, though…

Maybe I should clarify here. I will go multiple times back and forth from bounties to loadout to make sure I have the correct weapons and elements loaded to knock out the bounties, trying to knock out multiple bounties at once. Now, instead of just tabbing over, I go through two different menu areas, and have to sort the bounties and/or flip pages each time because it doesn't save my sort order. That is too many button presses.

minor point:

by Claude Errera @, Wednesday, June 05, 2019, 11:31 (1790 days ago) @ Vortech

## Multiple pages:
I see this as a cost, but how is the cost of multiple pages not overwhelmed by the benefit of MULTIPLE PAGES?! no more running out of space for bounties and pursuits. No more trips back to the tower just to pick up the bounties that would not fit. When they created on-demand bounty turn in it was often canceled out by the fact that you needed to go mack to the tower to replace them. And that has been more and more common as they added more and more things to pursuits category:

I like your argument... in the abstract.

In our case, however, the total number of slots has increased from 50 to 64; yeah, it's a few more, but I think your "no more running out of space" comment is WILDLY optimistic. (I was down to 1 slot yesterday, and I hadn't even found the new vendor yet. I ended up leaving a bunch of stuff off the table that I should really be carrying around - for example, I didn't pick up the pinnacle crucible weapon quest, because I assumed it'd be like last season's, where you had to complete a triumph; in that case, I wouldn't need to have it in my inventory until I was close to ready to redeem it. However, this time around, it requires actual completions... so if I'd decided to start using a sniper rifle last night (I didn't, but I could have), those would have been wasted shots, as far as that quest goes.

Anyway - if they're gonna make it so much more inconvenient for me to see what I have (and I really feel like it's a significant degradation right now), I don't feel like a measly 25% increase in bounty space is enough.

minor point:

by Vortech @, A Fourth Wheel, Wednesday, June 05, 2019, 13:38 (1790 days ago) @ Claude Errera

Is there a limit? I grabbed every bounty I could and didn't see anything that said there was, but if it is limited to 2 pages that undercuts my enthusiasm a good bit.

minor point:

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Wednesday, June 05, 2019, 13:41 (1790 days ago) @ Vortech

Is there a limit? I grabbed every bounty I could and didn't see anything that said there was, but if it is limited to 2 pages that undercuts my enthusiasm a good bit.

It's at least 3 pages from the amount of bounties I got today...

minor point:

by Claude Errera @, Wednesday, June 05, 2019, 14:02 (1790 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

It's at least 3 pages from the amount of bounties I got today...

Ah. It never suggested I could add more pages; I guess I made a bad assumption. (As I said, I only got within one bounty of filling the second page, so I didn't actually CONFIRM that you couldn't pick up a 65th... and apparently that would be wrong anyway.)

Okay, never mind. ;) I still don't like it, but my complaint about a measly 25% increase is obviously incorrect.

minor point:

by Harmanimus @, Wednesday, June 05, 2019, 14:08 (1790 days ago) @ Claude Errera

Per what shows up with API data (and in line with what they stated when they announced the change) you cap at 63 pursuits.

minor point:

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Thursday, June 06, 2019, 07:11 (1789 days ago) @ Harmanimus

Per what shows up with API data (and in line with what they stated when they announced the change) you cap at 63 pursuits.

Which makes sense, 21 per page, 3 pages. I counted yesterday :D

My solution

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Wednesday, June 05, 2019, 13:48 (1790 days ago) @ Claude Errera

Anyway - if they're gonna make it so much more inconvenient for me to see what I have (and I really feel like it's a significant degradation right now), I don't feel like a measly 25% increase in bounty space is enough.

[image]

minor point:

by cheapLEY @, Wednesday, June 05, 2019, 13:59 (1790 days ago) @ Claude Errera

I wonder why they made that change? The Triumph thing was great.

minor point:

by Vortech @, A Fourth Wheel, Wednesday, June 05, 2019, 15:16 (1790 days ago) @ cheapLEY

I hinted at my guess in the postscript of the bog post I made, but I think it was to better support tracking progress in the hud/multiple tracked items which you could not do with the more triumph based system.

The pursuits tab is bad

by ChrisTheeCrappy, Wednesday, June 05, 2019, 11:56 (1790 days ago) @ Vortech

## no text:
I understand how it's cluttered and a lot of information all at once, but I just can't see how it's not better then requiring a mouse-over to even identify among a string of identical icons. And further, how - other then text - can you solve that problem? I can't keep all the names of gear straight, I'm not going to be able to memorize a different icon for every possible bounty and quest. This might be an area for improving readability through font/layout, but text on display has to be the right answer, yeah?

But since none of the messages finish, you still need to hover over to read the text. It therefore still requires what you said it's better than. Now it just makes it confusing up front and MAYBE once is a while is readable as a whole without it. So I don;'t think you point on this one is valid. I agree that the other complaints are not real complaints, other than UI/UX it's cluttered and just hard to read. I think the text is the reason why personally.

The pursuits tab is bad

by Vortech @, A Fourth Wheel, Wednesday, June 05, 2019, 13:40 (1790 days ago) @ ChrisTheeCrappy

## no text:

But since none of the messages finish, you still need to hover over to read the text. It therefore still requires what you said it's better than. Now it just makes it confusing up front and MAYBE once is a while is readable as a whole without it. So I don;'t think you point on this one is valid. I agree that the other complaints are not real complaints, other than UI/UX it's cluttered and just hard to read. I think the text is the reason why personally.

I think there is a clear value in being to identify an item and its progress without hover/clicking even if it does not display ALL the information. YMMV.

The pursuits tab is bad

by Harmanimus @, Wednesday, June 05, 2019, 13:55 (1790 days ago) @ Vortech

I’m pretty sure the green XP bar along the bottom of the tiles used to fulfill that just fine.

The pursuits tab is bad

by Vortech @, A Fourth Wheel, Wednesday, June 05, 2019, 15:15 (1790 days ago) @ Harmanimus

That's a great way to know how far along something is as long as you don't want to know what it is or how to progress it further. If you want that, you will need to interact with it.

The pursuits tab is bad

by Harmanimus @, Thursday, June 06, 2019, 00:35 (1790 days ago) @ Vortech

it narrows down between “gaining progress” and “not gaining progress” and is a quick visual directive to keep you from thumbing through every item. Without fully listing everything out in Tower Excel(tm) you are always going to habe tradeoff in information value.

The pursuits tab is bad

by Vortech @, A Fourth Wheel, Thursday, June 06, 2019, 07:16 (1789 days ago) @ Harmanimus

it narrows down between “gaining progress” and “not gaining progress” and is a quick visual directive to keep you from thumbing through every item. Without fully listing everything out in Tower Excel(tm) you are always going to habe tradeoff in information value.

I get you. I'm saying "making progress" or "not making progress" is meaningless information to me if I don't know what the thing is that is progressing or not, so I had needed to interact with each one individually every time. And, I suppose the thing I have not said is I think that's true for most people.

The pursuits tab is bad

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Wednesday, June 05, 2019, 13:40 (1790 days ago) @ ChrisTheeCrappy

## no text:

Huh, that is interesting. I feel like I only need to read the whole text about 10% of the time. Most of the time I just need the first half a sentence to show what the actual quest is about.

The pursuits tab is bad

by ChrisTheeCrappy, Thursday, June 06, 2019, 08:00 (1789 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

Huh, that is interesting. I feel like I only need to read the whole text about 10% of the time. Most of the time I just need the first half a sentence to show what the actual quest is about.

I am not saying it isn't useful, yes it maybe saves you sometimes. But I imagine most of hte time, you still need to hover over it. But my main point is that the HALF text makes it more cluttered and confusing to look at. Visually it's a lot of info that is hard to parse for the average person.

The pursuits tab is bad

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Thursday, June 06, 2019, 08:05 (1789 days ago) @ ChrisTheeCrappy

I am not saying it isn't useful, yes it maybe saves you sometimes. But I imagine most of hte time, you still need to hover over it. But my main point is that the HALF text makes it more cluttered and confusing to look at. Visually it's a lot of info that is hard to parse for the average person.

Yeah, that's true. Bungie hasn't normally been someone who just puts up blanket text. It's always been streamlined. I guess this makes me above average? :D

Anyone else think this would be pretty close to perfect?

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Wednesday, June 05, 2019, 09:35 (1790 days ago) @ bluerunner

[image]

Credits: /u/Pangolin1905

I can immediately see some minor issues with scalability, but damn if it isn't gorgeous and effective.

by cheapLEY @, Wednesday, June 05, 2019, 09:43 (1790 days ago) @ ZackDark

I was just going to post this. Yes, that would be amazing.

And, I get it—making a functional UI is much harder than slapping together a nice concept in photoshop. But also, c’mon, it’s like they’re not even trying.

It’s telling that the new Eververse looks a thousand times better than the new Pursuits page.

[image]

by bluerunner @, Music City, Wednesday, June 05, 2019, 09:52 (1790 days ago) @ cheapLEY

It’s telling that the new Eververse looks a thousand times better than the new Pursuits page.

Priorities.

by Robot Chickens, Wednesday, June 05, 2019, 10:16 (1790 days ago) @ cheapLEY

I actually hate the new eververse look. It doesn't show me what I can buy with my dust at a glance. Instead, I have to go to the bottom of all the tabs to see anything I'm not willing to spend real money on.

by cheapLEY @, Wednesday, June 05, 2019, 10:20 (1790 days ago) @ Robot Chickens

Weekly dust purchases are at the bottom of the front page though?

by Robot Chickens, Wednesday, June 05, 2019, 10:31 (1790 days ago) @ cheapLEY

Weekly dust purchases are at the bottom of the front page though?

Some of them are. And they aren't the things I had in mind. I like to look at eververse armor for aesthetics. If you scroll to the bottom, you see a slightly different list than what is shown on the landing page. Previously, these things were shown on the landing page.

So, not me, I guess I'm saying.

by Vortech @, A Fourth Wheel, Wednesday, June 05, 2019, 10:41 (1790 days ago) @ ZackDark

Obviously that's a PC player; some of the click targets on that are impossibly small for console.

The pinnacle weapon area has 1/4 of the screen for something 80% of the player base will never attempt and another 15% will be done with and ignoring after a month.

Bounties look organized now, but is that because they picked up in order, or because there is a permanent sorting that can't be changed? Again, I have no idea what the progress bars there tell me because a row of 5 identical icons is conveying very little information without mouse-over.

Synthesizers has 2 enormous chunks of the screen which it uses to convey no dynamic information, and does not have enough space for all of the existing synthesizers let alone the ones that may come along before the next graphical ui redesign.

it's on a tab to the far right so it would take extra clicks to get to compared to the current or prior solution.

I get how it looks prettier as a still image, but it's a kid's play room from Dwell magazine; it's neither designed for its purpose nor likely to stay pretty once people try to live with it.

Yeah, that's what I meant by scalability

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Wednesday, June 05, 2019, 13:15 (1790 days ago) @ Vortech

As stuff piles up, the area this redditor dedicated to each section will be oddly arranged.

About the mouse-over:

I mean, it's what we had up until now and we got used to it. The new thing is way too visually busy to be helpful, imho.

Yeah, that's what I meant by scalability

by Harmanimus @, Wednesday, June 05, 2019, 13:24 (1790 days ago) @ ZackDark

I just think it is funny because they already have made answers to these questions. The way Collections, Triumphs, and D1 Record books and Quest Tab would all be examples of something substantially better than what the current pursuits tab is. It seems strange to me to try to fully reinvent over and over.

The pursuits tab is bad

by Robot Chickens, Wednesday, June 05, 2019, 10:14 (1790 days ago) @ bluerunner
edited by Robot Chickens, Wednesday, June 05, 2019, 10:44

I echo a lot of the complaints here. Some people have suggested that its the same number of button presses to get to the information and we'll get used to the new norm. I'm sympathetic to that, but I think it's bad because there are so many places you need to go to accomplish similar tasks. There are lots of things that do the same thing functionally, but they are stored in different location. For instance, bounties are things you do that you turn in and they get you loot after you've accomplished a particular task. They also have a triumphs that do the same thing and now they give you rewards you need to use to unlock pursuits. The invitation from the emperor requires that you unlock stuff scattered throughout the UI and it's not an easy transition. Add in load times and you spend a lot more time just navigating through stuff second-guessing your instincts.

Also, the pursuits are organized as poorly as D2Y1 vaults. Why are exotic quests, my talks with the emperor and my crucible bounties all jumbled together? Oh, there's a golden cup and a synthesizer there too? Sure, why not.

I miss the blade in the directer. There's been enough time that people don't associate it with the weekly checklist any more. Bring it back and put it to use.

Yeah, it’s pretty terrible

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Wednesday, June 05, 2019, 10:54 (1790 days ago) @ bluerunner

- No text -

Calling it terrible is being charitable.

by CougRon, Auburn, WA, USA, Wednesday, June 05, 2019, 11:06 (1790 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

- No text -

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread