This Double-Sided Coin Triumph.... (Destiny)

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Wednesday, June 19, 2019, 18:44 (1795 days ago)

I am so frustrated by this thing that says you have to get three motes from invading in Gambit and surviving to teleport back.....nobody has any solutions or anything on what to do! Killing guardians doesn't drop them, waiting next to CPU enemies doesn't drop them--but dying sure as hell does!! Am I not killing enough? Too much? Am I doing it in the wrong gametype? Is there a special weapon I need? How the hell do I finish this triumph and complete my 8th Lore book!?

This Double-Sided Coin Triumph....

by cheapLEY @, Wednesday, June 19, 2019, 20:32 (1795 days ago) @ Morpheus

I don't know exactly what you're talking about, but doesn't one of the Gambit Prime sets have a perk that makes enemy Guardians that you kill drop Motes?

by Chappy, Arlington, VA., Thursday, June 20, 2019, 08:06 (1794 days ago) @ Morpheus

This one frustrated me for a while too. You need to pick up motes dropped from the ads they kill. As you mentioned, guardians you kill won't drop motes - only the motes dropped by enemies they kill count.

Try to time your invasion just after the enemy team has banked all their motes - that way it's more likely that they'll be busy killing a new wave of ads on their side and there will be motes on the ground. Kill or scare the enemy team off, pick up 3 motes then run away and hide.

You'll get the lore triumph and the Mote Thief triumph.

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Friday, June 21, 2019, 08:10 (1793 days ago) @ Chappy

That’s a good idea—I never had any idea as to when(or where) the enemy team would be in progress. The banking phase is at least the most reliable part of the round. Unfortunately that also made me realize that all my previously mentioned failures depends on me actually being first to invade. So many kids jump right in and immediately get themselves killed, and the first invasion is pretty much the only chance you get...I think I’m gonna have to do this with a team.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread