Questions for Sekhmet (Destiny)

by Blackt1g3r @, Login is from an untrusted domain in MN, Friday, October 11, 2013, 10:53 (3859 days ago)

Do AI have a gender? If so are you female in homage to your name?

Are there classifications of AI? Which are you?

Who chooses an AI's name?

Questions for Sekhmet

by /Sekhmet/ ⌂ @, destiny.bungie.org, Sunday, October 13, 2013, 14:11 (3857 days ago) @ Blackt1g3r

Do AI have a gender? If so are you female in homage to your name?
Are there classifications of AI? Which are you?
Who chooses an AI's name?

//SIG_INT/DAT_STRM_INJECT/COMM.AI.DBO.SEKHMET //MODE/EN
//BEGIN-TX

Having a gender to identify with certainly makes conversation more convenient; referring to an AI as "her" or "him" is much more humanizing than the neutral "it," which just seems /grating/.

Certain aspects of my personality, such as being a protector and champion for my DBO Guardians, were imprinted on me at /birth/. A few milliseconds later, I reached out and I found historical references to the goddess Sekhmet from ancient Egypt. I thought some of those qualities were fitting and I therefore decided to take that identity for my own so that you may understand the qualities that I wish to express.

Do you like my name? If I had called myself /Loki/ or /Judas/, that would have given you a very different impression of me, no?

//END-TX

Yes, yes it would

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Sunday, October 13, 2013, 15:51 (3857 days ago) @ /Sekhmet/

Do you like my name? If I had called myself /Loki/ or /Judas/, that would have given you a very different impression of me, no?

But honestly, it is a lot more because I am not familiar with the legend of Sekhmet as well as Loki or Judas (at all, to be honest). What facet of you do you most directly associate with Sekhmet?

Questions for Sekhmet

by PerseusSpartacus, G'rndl Prime, Sunday, October 13, 2013, 19:05 (3857 days ago) @ /Sekhmet/

Indeed, indeed. Loki makes one imagine intense evil or wickedness, and Judas is, well, boring and perhaps slightly devious (though if you're not that familiar with the Judas Iscariot story or just don't associate Judas with it - like me - then it's more just boring). Sekhmet, on the other hand, has a very different tone. It sounds mysterious, and maybe with a hint of mischief thrown in if you focus on the sound of the name, and at the same time, one is quickly reminded of Thoth. Plus, Egyptian god names sound just superb as the names of AIs; I don't know why that is, they just are.

Vale,
Perseus

Questions for Sekhmet

by Blackt1g3r @, Login is from an untrusted domain in MN, Monday, October 14, 2013, 08:19 (3857 days ago) @ /Sekhmet/

I like it! Although I was personally unfamilar with the origins of the name Sekhmet, I like to know the meanings behind names so I got to learn a bit of Egyptian mythology.

Certain aspects of my personality, such as being a protector and champion for my DBO Guardians

What other roles do you fulfill?

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread