This Week At Bungie (8/8/2019) (Destiny)

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Thursday, August 08, 2019, 14:19 (1722 days ago)

- No text -

Quick CrossSave FAQ

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Thursday, August 08, 2019, 14:32 (1722 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

So the link to the FAQ is in the root of this thread. That said, there are some points of interest that I want to post here in redundancy, for the sake of possible discussion.

Does this mean that I can play with players on other platforms?
Cross Save won’t let you engage players on other platforms in real time. The idea is that you can move from one platform to another and play with the same Guardians.

When can I link my accounts and use the same Guardians to play in more than one place?
We expect to launch this feature on August 21, 2019. This will give you the time you need to link your accounts and get your friends lists sorted before the launch of Shadowkeep and New Light.

How will Cross Save impact my Clans?
Your Active Account will be included in only one Destiny Clan. That will become your Clan on all the platforms where you play Destiny. Your Active Account will only take up one player slot in your Clan Roster, but you’ll have access to your Clan teammates who are currently playing on the same platform. As you move from one platform to another, you’ll be able to make progress on your clan objectives wherever you play.

Clans are going to be messy

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Thursday, August 08, 2019, 22:15 (1722 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

Right now, there are three separate DBO Clans, one for each platform. We did this because Bungie implemented a 100-person cap for Clan membership, so there simply aren't enough slots for all of us under one roof.

Cross Save is going to complicate things a bit. I'll be running with my Xbox account as my primary, which means I'll see DestinyBungieOrg XBL as my clan on all platforms. Say I'm playing on PS4 – anyone else from the Xbox side who happens to be playing on PS4 as well will see me in their Roster, but neither of us will see the DestinyBungieOrg PSN folks in our Clan Roster.

I'm hoping that we either get larger Clan support soon, or Bungie comes up with some other way to handle this. But for now, people using Cross Save are going to have a bumpy experience when mingling with folks from other platforms. Oi.

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Thursday, August 08, 2019, 22:34 (1722 days ago) @ Beorn

Right now, there are three separate DBO Clans, one for each platform. We did this because Bungie implemented a 100-person cap for Clan membership, so there simply aren't enough slots for all of us under one roof.

Cross Save is going to complicate things a bit. I'll be running with my Xbox account as my primary, which means I'll see DestinyBungieOrg XBL as my clan on all platforms. Say I'm playing on PS4 – anyone else from the Xbox side who happens to be playing on PS4 as well will see me in their Roster, but neither of us will see the DestinyBungieOrg PSN folks in our Clan Roster.

I'm hoping that we either get larger Clan support soon, or Bungie comes up with some other way to handle this. But for now, people using Cross Save are going to have a bumpy experience when mingling with folks from other platforms. Oi.

I mean, I don't play the game anymore. You can kick me out of the PS4 clan if you need to free up some space.

i Don’t think the PS4 clan is going to be the full one.

by Vortech @, A Fourth Wheel, Friday, August 09, 2019, 20:21 (1721 days ago) @ Cody Miller

- No text -

BOO-HISS!

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Friday, August 09, 2019, 06:37 (1722 days ago) @ Beorn

- No text -

BOO-HISS!

by cheapLEY @, Friday, August 09, 2019, 07:22 (1722 days ago) @ Kermit

Maybe we could use some sort of . . . spreadsheet or something to keep track of people.

(:

by Malagate @, Sea of Tranquility, Friday, August 09, 2019, 07:51 (1722 days ago) @ Beorn

We haven't had any indication yet on cross-platform clan support either, right? I'm thinking primarily of all the progression requirements that require clanmates to play together. Even getting the Hawthorne bounties done is going to be a challenge if one isn't playing on their "native" platform, right?

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Friday, August 09, 2019, 09:39 (1722 days ago) @ Malagate

We haven't had any indication yet on cross-platform clan support either, right? I'm thinking primarily of all the progression requirements that require clanmates to play together. Even getting the Hawthorne bounties done is going to be a challenge if one isn't playing on their "native" platform, right?

Yeah, that'll suck.

At least as far as group size, both PSN and Xbox have Clubs/Groups, so it's an extra step, but at least we'll have a list available (is there a DBO Club on either? I can't recall).

by cheapLEY @, Friday, August 09, 2019, 10:45 (1722 days ago) @ Korny

Could the PSN and Xbox clan be consolidated? I can’t imagine we have 100 active players between the two platforms, but I guess I could be wrong about that. And having to clear out the clans probably isn’t exactly great.

by Chappy, Arlington, VA., Friday, August 09, 2019, 10:52 (1722 days ago) @ cheapLEY
edited by Chappy, Friday, August 09, 2019, 10:58

Could the PSN and Xbox clan be consolidated? I can’t imagine we have 100 active players between the two platforms, but I guess I could be wrong about that. And having to clear out the clans probably isn’t exactly great.

FWIW:

98 in the XBox clan, of which 53 have logged into Destiny in the last month. 81 have logged in within 12 months.

65 in the PSN clan, of which 23 have logged into Destiny in the last month. 35 have logged in within 12 months.

by Claude Errera @, Friday, August 09, 2019, 11:35 (1722 days ago) @ cheapLEY

Not sure what you'd make the cutoff.

If it's 1 year, the PSN clan has 49 active members, the Xbox clan has 78 active members, the PC clan has 16 active members.

If it's 6 months, the PSN clan has 36 active members, the Xbox clan has 67 active members, the PC clan has 12 active members.

You'd have to go less than 6 months to reach 100 players total (maybe not - there's SOME overlap, and I don't have the energy to cross-reference), but even at 6 months, you're dropping a whole bunch of people who will probably come back when Shadowkeep drops.

I don't think this is a viable avenue. :(

by Chappy, Arlington, VA., Friday, August 09, 2019, 11:49 (1722 days ago) @ Claude Errera

Personally I think Bungie should increase the clan maximum size as part of cross-saves to help alleviate this - we can't be the only cross-platform community with multiple clans. Icing on the cake would be adding the ability for clan admins to merge (and split) clans over time.

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Friday, August 09, 2019, 12:10 (1722 days ago) @ Claude Errera

Not sure what you'd make the cutoff.

If it's 1 year, the PSN clan has 49 active members, the Xbox clan has 78 active members, the PC clan has 16 active members.

If it's 6 months, the PSN clan has 36 active members, the Xbox clan has 67 active members, the PC clan has 12 active members.

You'd have to go less than 6 months to reach 100 players total (maybe not - there's SOME overlap, and I don't have the energy to cross-reference), but even at 6 months, you're dropping a whole bunch of people who will probably come back when Shadowkeep drops.

Then the most reliable linchpin is finding out who is coming back when Shadowkeep drops, yes? It's a hassle, but barring some increase in clan size (as has been mentioned) it would seem then this is best way to figuring out who gets voted off the island. I mean... it's not like were doing this because we WANT to, just... things are suddenly getting far tighter. If X doesn't play Destiny much and/or isn't thinking about rejoining Destiny ever again then we have to drop that player.

This issue is a lack of data to make a fair choice.

Unless we maybe somehow can get an answer to this "Clan Size Increase" question... I don't know. Choices choices.

by CougRon, Auburn, WA, USA, Friday, August 09, 2019, 14:08 (1721 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

keep in mind I don't think there is a way to merge the clans or reassign a persons clan. we would have to pick one and have people change themselves over to it or create a new one both would go into. a new one seems easier on a first-come first-in basis.

dont forget there are three clans involved, xbox, playsation, pc. presumably the stadia users will join pc if we keep it three or will we add a fourth?

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Friday, August 09, 2019, 14:18 (1721 days ago) @ CougRon

keep in mind I don't think there is a way to merge the clans or reassign a persons clan. we would have to pick one and have people change themselves over to it or create a new one both would go into. a new one seems easier on a first-come first-in basis.

dont forget there are three clans involved, xbox, playsation, pc. presumably the stadia users will join pc if we keep it three or will we add a fourth?

Stadia is its own ecosystem. The players (plural is awfully optimistic) there wouldn't see, nor be able to interact with PC users in any capacity.

by CougRon, Auburn, WA, USA, Friday, August 09, 2019, 17:02 (1721 days ago) @ Korny

Until cross save is launched clans are essentially per platform. When cross save goes live that distinction becomes meaningless—you see whoever from the clan just happens to be on the same platform your on at the moment. Are we going to maintain a meangless platform distinction and create a fourth dbo clan, make it wherever you were on when you joined?

Isn't Stadia out of crosssave?

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Friday, August 09, 2019, 20:29 (1721 days ago) @ CougRon

- No text -

all d2 platforms will have cross-save, including stadia

by CougRon, Auburn, WA, USA, Friday, August 09, 2019, 22:36 (1721 days ago) @ ZackDark
edited by CougRon, Friday, August 09, 2019, 22:39

From the faq:

Which platforms does Cross Save support?

All of them! With one Active Account, you’ll be able to unify your experiences on PlayStation, Xbox, Steam, and Stadia (when it launches later on this year).

Cool!

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Saturday, August 10, 2019, 05:33 (1721 days ago) @ CougRon

When they first officially announced cross-save, I remember Stadia was still iffy, at best. Very cool that they managed to confirm it.

by cheapLEY @, Friday, August 09, 2019, 20:31 (1721 days ago) @ CougRon

Is anyone here going to play Destiny 2 through Stadia? I can't imagine it's going to be enough people to worry about having to make a Stadia clan.

by cheapLEY @, Friday, August 09, 2019, 14:32 (1721 days ago) @ Claude Errera

Yeah, fair enough. I never dreamed it was that high. I only ever see the same twenty people on Xbox, so I figured that was about it.

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Friday, August 09, 2019, 11:07 (1722 days ago) @ Korny

Yeah, that'll suck.

At least as far as group size, both PSN and Xbox have Clubs/Groups, so it's an extra step, but at least we'll have a list available (is there a DBO Club on either? I can't recall).

There's an Xbox group (DestinyBungieOrg) and a PSN commmunity (Destiny.Bungie.Org).

by Vortech @, A Fourth Wheel, Friday, August 09, 2019, 20:23 (1721 days ago) @ Kermit

Turns out I made the PS4 community? Anyway let me know if I need to make changes to it or something …

My dear sweet PS4 peeps....

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Thursday, August 08, 2019, 16:43 (1722 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

[image]

+1

by cheapLEY @, Thursday, August 08, 2019, 16:56 (1722 days ago) @ Kermit

Can't wait!

My dear sweet PS4 peeps....

by TheOmegaClown, Monday, August 12, 2019, 16:00 (1718 days ago) @ Kermit

Does this mean we can have people on ps4 that will raid with us?! Right now we got a paltry 6 that are gathered 'round the fire (on a good day).

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread