DBO Clans & Crossave - Update? (Destiny)

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Tuesday, August 20, 2019, 09:51 (1711 days ago)

[image]

Today the beginnings of Cross Save go into effect. It was mentioned because the clan limit for a merged account shall be one...

How will Cross Save impact my Clans?[link]
Your Active Account will be included in only one Destiny Clan. That will become your Clan on all the platforms where you play Destiny. Your Active Account will only take up one player slot in your Clan Roster, but you’ll have access to your Clan teammates who are currently playing on the same platform. As you move from one platform to another, you’ll be able to make progress on your clan objectives wherever you play.

... that this will make things messy. Were there any discussions on making this merge cleaner for us clan wise, or is the play going to be where ever things drop is where they lay?

What about DBO Regions? US West vs US East vs Europe vs ...

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Tuesday, August 20, 2019, 10:02 (1711 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

- No text -

We did that for Halo 2 . . .

by cheapLEY @, Tuesday, August 20, 2019, 20:42 (1711 days ago) @ kidtsunami
edited by cheapLEY, Tuesday, August 20, 2019, 20:46

HBO Forerunners 4 lyfe!

I'm not sure there are enough DBOers to justify more than the three clans we have, so I don't know how you'd split it up at that point.

I think the best thing to do is to just let it settle and see where people actually end up playing. I bet most people will still end up playing primarily on one system and jumping onto another just to play with different people, and clan progress won't really matter all that much at that point.

Maybe I'm totally wrong about that, but I think we'll know more once we live with it for a month and see how it pans out.

Bungie, raise the cap already.

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Tuesday, August 20, 2019, 13:48 (1711 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

Give reputation debuffs to larger clans or something, if the progression bit is the spoiler.

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Tuesday, August 20, 2019, 19:08 (1711 days ago) @ Kermit

Give reputation debuffs to larger clans or something, if the progression bit is the spoiler.

Wow. I never thought of this. OF COURSE the investment system is the problem. Poisons everything I tell you.

by cheapLEY @, Tuesday, August 20, 2019, 19:14 (1711 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Wow. I never thought of this. OF COURSE the investment system is the problem. Poisons everything I tell you.

I honestly doubt it. The Clan XP stuff is so thoughtless that it doesn't even matter. Any clan with like at least ten active members is going to max out everything as soon as possible anyway. It basically happens automatically.

The clan rewards stuff is such an afterthought that it might as well not exist.

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Tuesday, August 20, 2019, 19:20 (1711 days ago) @ cheapLEY

I honestly doubt it. The Clan XP stuff is so thoughtless that it doesn't even matter. Any clan with like at least ten active members is going to max out everything as soon as possible anyway. It basically happens automatically.

The clan rewards stuff is such an afterthought that it might as well not exist.

So why's the cap at 100? It's not even a nice base 2 number. 255 please. Computers can count pretty high you know.

Then again this was the company that couldn't cache a megabyte of image data for the inventory screens way back when.

by cheapLEY @, Tuesday, August 20, 2019, 19:50 (1711 days ago) @ Cody Miller

So why's the cap at 100?

No idea. If it really is because of some sort of investment system reason, Bungie has a much, much higher opinion of the entire clan system implementation than literally anyone who is actually playing the game.

Doing some cleaning tonight

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Tuesday, August 20, 2019, 16:54 (1711 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

... that this will make things messy. Were there any discussions on making this merge cleaner for us clan wise, or is the play going to be where ever things drop is where they lay?

There isn't a lot we can do aside from clean out the XBL clan. With a 100 member limit (and us bumping up against it fairly often in the XBL clan) we just have to do our best to keep the XBL clan from filling up.

I am planning on cleaning out the clan tonight though so that we can have some open spots. So if anyone is kicked out that does want to stay in, just message me on Bungie.net or on here.

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Tuesday, August 20, 2019, 17:34 (1711 days ago) @ Xenos

There isn't a lot we can do aside from clean out the XBL clan. With a 100 member limit (and us bumping up against it fairly often in the XBL clan) we just have to do our best to keep the XBL clan from filling up.

I am planning on cleaning out the clan tonight though so that we can have some open spots. So if anyone is kicked out that does want to stay in, just message me on Bungie.net or on here.

I see your post as well. Thank you for the update Xenos. :)

by bluerunner @, Music City, Tuesday, August 20, 2019, 20:54 (1711 days ago) @ Xenos

You can drop RedRattler07. That's my son and he doesn't play that much Destiny anymore.

Done, thanks!

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Wednesday, August 21, 2019, 09:27 (1710 days ago) @ bluerunner

- No text -

Clear me too from ps4

by Revenant1988 ⌂ @, How do I forum?, Wednesday, August 21, 2019, 17:51 (1710 days ago) @ Xenos

Revenant_1988

and my wife

CommanderCleveage (or futuristicfembot... she just changed her name and idk what it will show)

hope it helps!

Ditto.

by cheapLEY @, Wednesday, August 21, 2019, 18:13 (1710 days ago) @ Revenant1988

You can also clear me from the PS4 clan, as my Xbox account is taking over.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread