“Heroic” Vex Invasions & extra powerful rewards (Destiny)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Thursday, October 10, 2019, 05:10 (1650 days ago)

Like public events, the Vex Invasions on the moon can be completed in such a way that they become “Heroic” events. Completing the heroic version will yield a powerful drop. According to this video, you can get 2 powerful drops per character, per week from these heroic invasions.

“Heroic” Vex Invasions & extra powerful rewards

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Thursday, October 10, 2019, 08:01 (1650 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

Wait, does the Overlord only spawn if you do the heroic version? They're not 100% clear about that. I think pretty much every run I've participated in had an Overlord, at least the ones where the Gate Lords were actually being finished off. But maybe we triggered heroic without meaning to.

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Thursday, October 10, 2019, 08:11 (1649 days ago) @ stabbim

Wait, does the Overlord only spawn if you do the heroic version? They're not 100% clear about that. I think pretty much every run I've participated in had an Overlord, at least the ones where the Gate Lords were actually being finished off. But maybe we triggered heroic without meaning to.

That’s my understanding, yes. It seems like the kind of thing that’s easy to trigger without going too far out of your way.

by cheapLEY @, Thursday, October 10, 2019, 08:37 (1649 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

I’ll have to watch the video later, but after at least a dozen events, I have literally never participated and not summoned the big hydra. I thought he always showed up so long as you kill all three Gatelords.

If that’s the case, I don’t think it’s really a normal/heroic type thing, it’s more just that if you didn’t get the hydra you didn’t actually complete the event.

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Thursday, October 10, 2019, 08:44 (1649 days ago) @ cheapLEY

I’ll have to watch the video later, but after at least a dozen events, I have literally never participated and not summoned the big hydra. I thought he always showed up so long as you kill all three Gatelords.

If that’s the case, I don’t think it’s really a normal/heroic type thing, it’s more just that if you didn’t get the hydra you didn’t actually complete the event.

No, that’s not the case. Several times, I’ve killed all 3 Gatelords and not had the Overlord spawn in. A little while after each Gatelord spawns, some Hydras will spawn in. You need to kill those before killing the Gatelord. And you need to do that for all 3 gatelords.

by cheapLEY @, Thursday, October 10, 2019, 09:01 (1649 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

Ah that makes sense. I’ve certainly killed some of those Hydras before, but they’ve also definitely never been my focus.

The Gatelords gave enough help that you’re right, it’s probably not difficult to accidentally kill the Hydras before the Gatelord.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread