Odd glitch? Crucible bounties not advancing (Destiny)

by Claude Errera @, Tuesday, October 15, 2019, 15:19 (1653 days ago)

So, this happened yesterday, I assumed it was a minor glitch. I had a bunch of Crucible bounties that were close to expiring, I played a game, none of them advanced. Weird. Went to orbit, waited a minute, played another game, same deal.

Went to my Home screen, quit Destiny, restarted it. Revisited Crucible, played a game, bounties started counting again. Okay, fine. Weird glitch.

Didn't happen again yesterday.

Played today. First two IB games, no problem. Third game - no advancement. Went to Dashboard, quit Destiny, restarted.

Games started counting again.

I mean... this is pretty annoying; once i finish the 8 bounties for a powerful reward I won't care, but for now, having to keep track of where each bounty is, and double-checking that void kills/supers/whatever are actually advancing things... is a pain.

Is anyone else experiencing this? Does anyone know how to make it stop?

Odd glitch? Crucible bounties not advancing

by Harmanimus @, Tuesday, October 15, 2019, 16:14 (1653 days ago) @ Claude Errera

I noticed it specifically on one bounty for Precision kills over the weekend. It was a match with a generally poor connection so assumed that was the fault. Otherwise melee kill bounties have always struggled to progress for me when using Titan shoulder charge melees.

by Claude Errera @, Tuesday, October 15, 2019, 16:50 (1653 days ago) @ Harmanimus

I noticed it specifically on one bounty for Precision kills over the weekend. It was a match with a generally poor connection so assumed that was the fault. Otherwise melee kill bounties have always struggled to progress for me when using Titan shoulder charge melees.

These were pretty standard bounties - Auto Rifle kills, Void damage kills, etc. (Visiting DestinyTracker.com and looking at the games in question, there were definitely kills in the proper categories - but not only did the bounties not advance, but the games didn't count for, say, the 4 weekly Crucible Core Playlist games.)

Sounds like a different issue. And maybe it's one unique to me.

by Harmanimus @, Tuesday, October 15, 2019, 19:46 (1653 days ago) @ Claude Errera

I doubt it is isolated to you. Because the Headshots bounty was very clearly not counting for me. I can’t confirm if it counted for a weekly or not, but I know I got precision kills that didn’t count that match. I don’t tend to dive into reddit but I would expect something will show up there if it is more wide spread.

Looks like there are some...interesting issues.

by DiscipleN2k @, Edmond, OK, Tuesday, October 15, 2019, 20:38 (1653 days ago) @ Claude Errera

That may be my favorite Bungie tweet ever.

-Disciple

Looks like there are some...interesting issues.

by cheapLEY @, Tuesday, October 15, 2019, 20:51 (1653 days ago) @ DiscipleN2k

That tweet is a fucking ride. That's the best thing I've seen all day.

I don't think I had any issues with bounties while playing IB tonight. I didn't track them closely enough to see if there were games where they weren't tracking, but I completed all the regular Crucible bounties and made good progress on my IB bounties and quest.

I knew SOMETHING was up!

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Tuesday, October 15, 2019, 21:58 (1653 days ago) @ DiscipleN2k

- No text -

by marmot 1333 @, Sunday, October 20, 2019, 21:00 (1648 days ago) @ Claude Errera

Claude, this same exact thing just happened to me. No associated bounty advanced for the entire match. It was for Crucible bounties: kinetic, void damage, and the weekly one about supers. I rebooted my PC and I will see what happens.

by Claude Errera @, Monday, October 21, 2019, 10:14 (1648 days ago) @ marmot 1333

Claude, this same exact thing just happened to me. No associated bounty advanced for the entire match. It was for Crucible bounties: kinetic, void damage, and the weekly one about supers. I rebooted my PC and I will see what happens.

This happened almost every day for nearly a week... then it stopped. I assumed something fixed it. This makes me unhappy; it's clearly NOT fixed. :(

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread