Bestbuy preorders...update for his Urkness (Destiny)

by ruwe_44, Friday, October 18, 2013, 13:18 (3852 days ago)

Urk wanted me to let him know what came of this.
I pre-orderd on 10-1, had not received my code as of 10-11, I went into the store a second time (first time they said it wouldn't be sent out until the Beta date was announced) and the guy at the counter did the only thing he knew to do, which was to cancel the original and re-pre-order. I waited a couple days and still no e-mail code. So I searched and found the forum post below.
Link
I sent in a message and 2 days later received a call saying they were going to send the code to my email, for some reason my pre-order didn't trigger an automatic code generation or something to that effect. I received the code about 5 minutes later and they even threw in a $10 gift card for my troubles.

tldr
Bbuy took care of me, got me my code and a giftcard

Bestbuy preorders...update for his Urkness

by Schooly D, TSD Gaming Condo, TX, Friday, October 18, 2013, 13:36 (3852 days ago) @ ruwe_44

I pre-ordered online from GameStop on October 3 and have not received a beta code as of today. Should I be worried?

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Friday, October 18, 2013, 14:03 (3852 days ago) @ Schooly D

I pre-ordered online from GameStop on October 3 and have not received a beta code as of today. Should I be worried?

Just go in and tell them to print you a new receipt. They didn't believe me when I told them, but then printed the receipt and low and behold there was my code.

by Miguel Chavez, Saturday, October 19, 2013, 11:19 (3851 days ago) @ Schooly D

With that haircut? Hell yes.

Nice of them to give you a giftcard :)

by Destiny Updates ⌂, Friday, October 18, 2013, 18:43 (3852 days ago) @ ruwe_44

- No text -

by kanbo @, Seattle, WA, Saturday, October 19, 2013, 10:14 (3851 days ago) @ ruwe_44

I pre-ordered from Amazon quite some time ago, and got anxious after not getting my code after the beta was announced.

Did a little bit of research after that and realized that I didn't pre-order after all.

Chances are slim that this is of any help to anyone, but just maybe.

lolwut

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Saturday, October 19, 2013, 10:19 (3851 days ago) @ kanbo

- No text -

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread