Season of the Dawn Mods (Destiny)

by squidnh3, Monday, January 06, 2020, 07:59 (1571 days ago)

Has anyone experimented with the Season of the Dawn Mods? You know, the ones that let you become "Charged with Light" and then do stuff?

I've tried a couple of times to read their descriptions and see what can be done, but it's a little like somebody cut up all the paragraphs in the rules to a board game and threw them in a bag, and I'm pulling them out one by one, so I just keep giving up.

Are there any simple combinations of the mods that demonstrate their potential?

Season of the Dawn Mods

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Monday, January 06, 2020, 14:04 (1571 days ago) @ squidnh3

Has anyone experimented with the Season of the Dawn Mods? You know, the ones that let you become "Charged with Light" and then do stuff?

I've tried a couple of times to read their descriptions and see what can be done, but it's a little like somebody cut up all the paragraphs in the rules to a board game and threw them in a bag, and I'm pulling them out one by one, so I just keep giving up.

I've been looking at exactly this for builds. I've not really used them yet (I'm actually still working on a Vault Purge at the moment {which has been painful}), but in what I have looked into there are a few that seem to have some overall promise. There are two/three types of mods; one for general alteration of the stack, one for how you can generate the stack, and one for what effect you want when used. Most of them are pretty... eh. Here are my Highlights.

Alteration

• Charged Up (+2 Solar) increases your total possible stack amount by 1.
  • Stacks on Stacks (+4 Void) has -10 on Recovery makes it so that you get +2 stack when earned.
  • Powerful Friends (+4 Arc) is interesting as it will give you +20 Mobility if you have at least one other Arc Mod Socked into the Armor. That may be something for you to look into since you trend to roll Hunter squidnh3. That's the Secondary Perk though. The Main Perk (and hence "Powerful Friends") is when you become Charged with this mod, anyone in CLOSE proximity with this mod socketed as well gets Charged with Light as well.

Generation

Taking Charge (+3 Any) Gives you a Charge when you pick up an Orb of Light.

(There are others but... eh.)

Effect

• Protective Light (+2 Void) takes -10 from your Strength, but in return if you lose your shield while you are charged, you get "significant damage resistance". The amount of stacks determines how long this lasts.
  • Striking Light (+5 Arc) is also slightly interesting. While Charged with light, melee damage and swords spawn 1 orb of light FOR ALLIES for 1 stack. Eh. The SECONDARY perk though is, if you have another Arc Mod Slotted, Damage resistance from non-Guardians while sprinting.

Survivability. It's a nice!

Again, that's not all of them, but these are the ones that have caught my eye. I'm hoping I can make something of them in a bit, once I get some seasonal armor that is +55 or higher of overall point distribution.

Striking is good if you all run it

by someotherguy, Hertfordshire, England, Monday, January 06, 2020, 14:26 (1571 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

Not as good as the old Orb Machine defender titan build (or the thrall pit bubble chain) but still fun.

Season of the Dawn Mods

by Claude Errera @, Monday, January 06, 2020, 15:16 (1571 days ago) @ squidnh3

I played with Taking Charge and High Energy Light - taking charge gives you a Charged with Light increment for every orb picked up, and High Energy Light gives you a weapon damage bonus when charged (you consume one Charge for each enemy you kill). Was like a free Kill Clip simply by picking up orbs. Seems to stack with other weapon damage buffs.

Season of the Dawn Mods

by Malagate @, Sea of Tranquility, Tuesday, January 07, 2020, 06:53 (1570 days ago) @ Claude Errera

I played with Taking Charge and High Energy Light - taking charge gives you a Charged with Light increment for every orb picked up, and High Energy Light gives you a weapon damage bonus when charged (you consume one Charge for each enemy you kill). Was like a free Kill Clip simply by picking up orbs. Seems to stack with other weapon damage buffs.

So it seems like they're giving us the pieces to spec out an entire fireteam with mods in such a way that we can create a cycle of mutual buffs all around. Similar to what I think was intended with the Aeon exotics. This would be a lot more labor-intensive, though.

I can't help but consider how easy a well-tuned fireteam would have it if a bunch of these mutual buffs were active. It would take some practice proc'ing them though, similar to how group tactics proc Rat Pack. But it would probably make T3 Reckoning, Raids, Nightmare Hunts, really any high-level PvE activities, a lot easier. Nice that there would be no need to equip any exotics to do it, too. Which means there would still be room to improve on that fireteam build by actually using the exotics...

Shame about the elemental affinities though

by someotherguy, Hertfordshire, England, Tuesday, January 07, 2020, 07:22 (1570 days ago) @ Malagate

- No text -

Season of the Dawn Mods

by squidnh3, Tuesday, January 07, 2020, 10:11 (1570 days ago) @ Malagate

This would be a lot more labor-intensive, though.

Yeah, I can see it taking quite a while for everyone in your fireteam to get it all set up.

Season of the Dawn Mods

by squidnh3, Tuesday, January 07, 2020, 10:09 (1570 days ago) @ squidnh3

I did find this thread on Reddit: Mods

From that and the suggestions here, I think I've got some stuff to try out.

Hit me up if you want to do some team buff experiments.

by Malagate @, Sea of Tranquility, Wednesday, January 08, 2020, 09:19 (1569 days ago) @ squidnh3

- No text -

Season of the Dawn Mods

by TheOmegaClown, Monday, January 13, 2020, 16:04 (1564 days ago) @ squidnh3

There is an infinite shotgun / fusion rifle build out there that looks pretty bonkers. No need for a kinetic weapon!

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread